Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

5211327520.png
Good speeds and ping Rob but that's irrelevant to this issue as it's to a local server don't forget whereas that race on Sunday was hosted over here in the UK. Watch your Twitch feed of that race as there are some serious lagging moments which may indicate there was a problem. Have you tried a different recording?

My ping is even lower and upload very similar which are the most important factors but if connecting to a US server they are never quite as good.

Good speeds and ping Rob but that's irrelevant to this issue as it's to a local server don't forget whereas that race on Sunday was hosted over here in the UK. Watch your Twitch feed of that race as there are some serious lagging moments which may indicate there was a problem. Have you tried a different recording?

My ping is even lower and upload very similar which are the most important factors but if connecting to a US server they are never quite as good.

I'd be happy to explore other options besides twitch, but I have never had a problem with it, other than the wheel shutting off. I'd think being host would be more of a bandwidth drain than connecting one way to a long distance host, but I agree, the ping takes a hit. My stuff is hardwired, so there should not be any lags that I can do anything about. But what other options are there w/o spending money?

More detailed re: latency and ping.

This one is to London:
5211454123.png

Last edited:
I don't necessarily think it's w problem with Twitch . You've not had to many problems before that I'm aware of I just think that video had a particular issue and is one of the few occasions you've been connected to a host outside the us so I'll be interested to see how you get on uploading your race tonight. I suspect you will be fine :thumbsup:

Last edited:
A potentially very close and thrilling race plagued by disconnects and DNF's. Thanks to all who showed, there was some great racing still and overall it ran smoothly(lag wise). I would like to find the cause of some disconnects to prevent it for the next race and so on. Good racing especially to Robert, who tore up the field with a blitzing original Quali and then at the start of the race.

Thanks Nic. I enjoyed it immensely and feel bad for the dicos. I've been there plenty of times, The only things I can suggest are things you probably already know (but I had to learn the hard way) -- often it's not the game, but the local connection; it's good to post speed test w/ ping rate and packet loss info just to see who may need to be invited first, or host, if it gets real bad; and to make sure every player is hard-wired. Other than that, as you know, Project Cars is performing pretty well (even full) with GT3 and the C9.

I had no clue I'd be up to pace in that car. I tool all of a couple of hours to practice, but fortunately I knew the track well and the car was tuned fairly well, especially dialing out the over-steer, as you mentioned. I could even match your times. :O_o:. All the bad indicators were there: 1. Sedan? Check; 2. Strong field? Check; 3. Little Practice? Check. Have no clue really, but it felt good. Even though I can brag about the start, the finish was less than stupendous. I had a couple of offs and lap times fell. I did have some suspension damage, but that was not so bad, as it helped lessen the over-steer when turning left. If there had not been Blue's disco and Hatemaker (I think) before that, I could have lost the podium easy. But a great race nonetheless. The car just feels right. Slippery like a GT car, yet fairly nimble unless you are tempted to go too far. And it does, big time.

Great Win Toast. I'd say "get you next time" but I can already hear the laughs in other countries. And thanks for patiently hosting calmly with a bad situation. Glad we stopped and reformed. Here's video from my cockpit: (all the times and places should be in there....)

Most of it should be on the gamer profile Ben. Toast is a Cunuck. Me, Taco, BigD, Tom, Doc, and RaileR are US. Cuban can be from Cuba, lol.

Most of my clan is from Southern England, but I hate taxes so I'm happy to be American. :p

Then your people in the U.K. are taxed less. :confused: D.C. and Wall St. have been wallowing in the money it fleeces from the middle class since Reagan.

Conclusion
In the United States a large portion of the tax burden still falls on the average worker, as average workers end up paying nearly one-third of their incomes to taxes.

Rank / Total Tax Wedge (Income Tax + payroll tax + local and sales tax)

United Kingdom: 26 / 31.1%

United States: 24 / 31.5%

http://taxfoundation.org/article/comparison-tax-burden-labor-oecd-0

I'd be happy to explore other options besides twitch, but I have never had a problem with it, other than the wheel shutting off. I'd think being host would be more of a bandwidth drain than connecting one way to a long distance host, but I agree, the ping takes a hit. My stuff is hardwired, so there should not be any lags that I can do anything about. But what other options are there w/o spending money?

More detailed re: latency and ping.

This one is to London:
5211454123.png
That shows a massive difference to your US figures. Ping increased 8x and download over 5x. It may have just been a bad evening in respect of your connection on Sunday though so I wouldn't worry too much about it or the need to find an alternate capture method. Like you say there are no other options without spending money on a capture device like I had for my 360 but i'm happy enough with Twitch and don't consider the outlay of over £100 to be worth it any longer.

I don't tend to have problems whoever is hosting and so rather than risk you having issues in the future we might as well stick to you hosting for the F1 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back