Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

'm still struggling like crazy to get used to the cockpit view, I don't like not being able to see anything on the right-hand side of my car. Can the Kinect be set up to head track so I can at least look a little over to the right?

I never bothered with Kinect, but there are a few things that I do which help the FoV issue on a single monitor. I agree, the one "unreal" thing about cockpit is that you have no peripheral vision, and this is huge in racing.

But Michael's decision was the right one, IMO. When Xbox does get triple monitor support, there will be no downside to cockpit and it will be tremendously real. Hood view crops as much as cockpit and T-Cam view is an assist unless we all run it. But in the end, all but cockpit are "gamer" views. I don't play shoot-em-ups, but imagine if you could see your guy in 3rd person. What an advantage.

What had helped me make cockpit more real are two things - look to apex (mine is around 75%), which is only active when you are in "helmet cam" (not cockpit). I turn the "dash blur" off so this allows me to run virtually no graphics on my screen, since often the RPM, Speed, and critical sensor readings are there on the dash. Lap times can be toggled on most Motecs. The only thing missing is position and lap counter, but that's on pCARS Dash if you have it. Crew Chief eliminates the need to even be in chat during the race, but we still need to hear some things as a group, especially at the start. In any case, you get my drift. Also, each "item" can be customized as to placement on the HUD (from the pits). What I do is place the mirror down in the lower left side (where most all car mirrors are) which un-clutters the top of the screen. If I really want to go hardcore, I only run the mirror and green/red lap distances to other cars. Or, if you like another place, you can position the mirror there.

The look to apex is hard to get used to, I admit, but everyone who has used it (just go up in small increments if it's distracting). But the feature is, undoubtedly, very real. Although the visor cam is a bit high here, what RHR does here is about equal to 60-80% look to apex in the game. And that helps you not only see the apexes better, but see other cars when turning (most critical) and ease the use of the right/left buttons, which are massively off-putting to me. @Peter Hooper has always looked back in short bursts constantly when there is someone close. And once I got my thick skull around the habit, I almost do it as often, and it becomes second nature. It's a life saver too. Notice that "blind spots" will always be there, but the side mirrors are positioned (in open wheel) so as not to interfere with you view of the next apex (which F1 games always do :mad:) and to exaggerate the view on your immediate sides (turned out a bit). But professional drivers really don't worry about what's behind them (restrictor plate NASCAR racing maybe), since the driver behind has the duty of care in all cases, unless it's a brake check (but even those are par for the course as a strategy, if not very risky). But in a game, that's one of the biggest risks, since close-by-safe following (on a road course) is an art that is practically un-matchable unless you are in a real race (very seat of pants, car type and other driver dependent).

Last edited:
Yeah, @Tim Brook , I forgot about the Look to apex...it is a big help. Does take a bit to get used to, but I have mine set at 50%. I started out at 35%. I also used the big mirror in the HUD when driving the Z4. The one in the Merc is in my Field of View (FOV) so I don't have to worry about it. And @bigdaddvx2005 did a video on how to adjust the camera to optimize your FOV in any car with the use of a USB Keyboard. :thumbsup:

Kerbs are part of a race track run off areas aren't so that means the kerbs are usable. It's the same for everybody and it's something that's worked for 2 seasons now. Use the kerbs but be careful some bite choice is yours
I just thought we all had to keep 2 wheels within the white lines? What your're saying is the track is difined by the curbs, not the white lines?
Or is it just some curbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back