Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

That is a neat idea spiff, but I'm thinking it won't attract many numbers unfortunately. Mike, Robert is planning something similar still to what you listed above as the support for new indycar season so I think I'll re evaluate again on touring/dtm. A new thought that crossed my head was spec lmp3 radical racing. They are fantastic to drive and rarely used in leagues. I do want to maintain something in line with a good support series to gt3 WEC so a prototype or open wheel spec would be best bet. If the poll has a clear winner by next week then we stick with rs01 or change.
On default setup. I love the idea but trust me there's too many stupid holes that make it so the only simple way to use it is turning damage/fuel/tire off and avoid pitting (pit strategy under DS is bugged to hell). I'm all for that though as I currently run that format in PRL's thursday random car league and it's the most fun racing league I've entered. You don't need to worry about damage, but that by no means allows ramming/excessive contact. It really makes it a full sprint race where it's full up to your ability to push 100% the entire race with little consequence.
Now, the guys who run on this site always stick to damage on/ fuel on/ tire on in leagues so if I follow that route as per the norm, tuning and pit strategy would have to be open to all. Maybe I'll construct another poll on this topic to aid in the direction of this before next wednesday.

Reactions: Rob
Sorry for all postings last one now but just want to say i really want to make the coverage work hopefully replays work but yeah hope you like took a while :0 Everything on screen.jpg

Thanks for the clarification Mike. Given your context it makes a lot more sense now as to why you have things set up to essentially allow a damaged car (especially one that's not at fault as you mentioned) to still have a shot at recovering and scoring points. The instances you mentioned sheds much needed light on the subject, and I can see why you want to try this route. I respect your steadfastness on the subject, and trust that you can acknowledge that my primary goal was to get to grips with the 'whys and how's' of the decisions, not to try to force changes to them. There was a lot of new formats that without adequate explanation seemed off, and as you've gathered I am quite upfront about my thought process and ensuring that I'm comfortable with the format.
Just as you have every right to run your league however you want, as a driver who will put a significant amount of time into practice and preparation for the races, I have the right to ensure I'm comfortable in my decision to invest the most valuable thing on earth, my own time.

Allowing cars damaged through mistakes of others to have a chance to rejoin the pack with a fighting chance is an interesting idea given your examples of toast, and the **** fests I've seen in public lobbies.

I'm looking forward to working with HaveBlue to try and make this a McLaren season. I saw Dalai testing the McLaren so perhaps, we might see another one?
I'm excited to see how this series pans out and appreciate your input, albeit I know testing your patience. We both have kids, so having your buttons pushed should be old hat for you.
Take it easy, and no hard feelings.
Sean.

Thanks Globe I really like having a true Gentleman Racer with us. I look forward to more great racing and making improvements to an imperfect situation. Perhaps in the future we can get a true safety car system built in that will solve all of our issues. If it's anything like their penalty system I'm sure it will still be less than perfect lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back