Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I used my Glen setup for Donington. If give it to you Tom but I think we have very different driving styles. I tend to like the safety of under steer for these long races. Not conducive for running fast laps, but I'd rather not be chasing the rear of the car around for 90 mins.

By the way.. if we ever get back down to 15 people I have a guy that is willing to drive a "Pace Car" for the event. May come in handy at Bathurst or a place with a high caution potential. Would allow the Leader to duck in and pit for tires, get out and catch the pace car maintaining a constant pace.

He's a real good guy, loves racing but he's 65 has arthritis in his hands and can't do manual shifting. Of course he hasn't committed to it completely yet, lol.
I think it truly would be a first in sim racing. A dedicated pace car driver. You truly would be a pioneer in the simulation world. think about how you could sell it. "The World Endurance Challenge League on the X Box One. We have a pace car driver."

Not sure, I don't think he would be able to park in the pits because the game takes over while in the pits unless he doesn't choose a strategy until a cation is called. Not sure how it would work. Some tracks have spots where he could park and move the car back and forth every so often so the game thinks he is racing, but i don't think every track has a spot like that. I am probably wrong as usual though. I really do think that it would be cool to have a live pace car.

true, there will likely be cautions on the hill section, very tight there. Damage will give everyone a few problems running that many consecutive laps here so it'd be interesting.
haha don't worry about me until I can stop the Bentley from spinning on old tires, tuning needs a rethink as AC mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back