Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Feature:
Crap pace, crap race, P6
Sprint:
Took off by Dean first corner, took off by McCluskey 9th corner, went off on my own due to damage at T12, then spun going up the hill and left Ronnie with no room to to by, which meant he hit me at high speed and I lost a wheel

Not happy, 8 points in total is a pathetic result

Feature:
Crap pace, crap race, P6
Sprint:
Took off by Dean first corner, took off by McCluskey 9th corner, went off on my own due to damage at T12, then spun going up the hill and left Ronnie with no room to to by, which meant he hit me at high speed and I lost a wheel

Not happy, 8 points in total is a pathetic result

Dean didn't take you out you admitted as much last night just saying

Enquiry 1:
Drivers involved Dean Ragan
Turned into me despite me being fully side-by-side which caused the contact glitch which left both of us off.
Enquiry 2:
Drivers involved Benjamin McCluskey.
Dive bombed me at T9 and punted me into the wall, ruining my race

Great input guys. I know that we will find a way to keep this fair and not an abused system.
I'm a fan of the 70mph max average speed, which should maintain consistent distances as opposed to everyone sitting on each others tail - just asking for trouble when there's already tension having dropped pace. Everyone can see how far ahead/behind the next car is and this will keep things in check. There will be racers close together so they may bunch up a little, but significant gaps between racers (10 or more second) should be maintained. A second here or there is expected deviance, but if a driver closes or extends his gap by more than 5 seconds then it's obvious that the speeds are breaking the caution rules. As conscientious adults, it's not rocket science.
This way it keeps the tires warm and doesn't give away too much to the guys who had, to or decided to pit.
It's crucially important that the guys who pit (from accident or personal choice) must also maintain the 70mph speed limit until the race is restarted by the leader - they shouldn't be allowed to exit the pits at full race pace (which was absolutely the case last night from the race replay) in an attempt to catch the caution group and effectively nullify their incident or get a free pit stop. They must also be subject to the caution rules, for the system to be fair and compliant. This will be very easy to check in the replay and give appropriate points penalties to offenders. As in real racing, these have to be severe enough to deter anyone from being prepared to take a few point hit to perhaps make a lot more with a higher finish. This should discourage anyone from abusing the system. Video doesn't lie.
I'm happy to review footage and provide video footage/clips of obvious offenders to the judiciary board. Penalties being issued for drivers caught in video review traveling at maintained speeds of 80mph+ would be a fair limit ensuring that one-off honest judgment errors aren't punished harshly. It's pretty easy to figure out what gear you need to be in to easily maintain a speed between 70-80mph without much trouble. 3rd or 4th gear would rule out unexpected speed surges that could happen in second gear.
Just some simple, common sense ideas for your consideration in trying to make the system work.
Cheers.

Last edited:
First of all sorry to spif, I couldn't see you until you were across the front of me.

Pretty dull race for me. I think I overtook one person on a restart and then was swiftly put in the wall.

I can't see anything going on around me from cockpit view, only what is in front of me and directly behind. Overtaking became a bit of a lottery so, after what happened with spif, I didn't even bother attempting.

Congrats to the podium
It's all good. I didn't let you know that I was underneath you going into the turn.

Feature race

Q: 2
R: 2

Proud of the pace I showed last night didn't think I could race the Bentleys but I could and I tried my hardest to beat them.

Started well re-passed Adam at turn 1 with a nice move and settled in behind Dom I could match him but I was on the limit and eventually that led to mistakes including locking rear brakes into corners meaning I had to brake slightly earlier and less aggressively. Biggest mistake was at turn 1 to much kerb brought the back end round and I was lucky to catch it and not ruin Adams race. But he got passed and I was stuck behind him for the rest of the stint annoying because I was slightly faster.

Adam pitted so I stayed out one lap more and with Adam adding fuel my pitstop was much shorter. After this I tried to catch Dom but wasn't possible he was driving to well and made no errors.

Sprint race

Q: DNQ
R: 4th

Race was a case of what should have been made good progress up to 5th passed bajny who tried desperately to spin me on the straight nice! Then started to catch Adel and the Bentleys I was homing in when Adel lost his car at the chicane I understood he had seen I was there but he hadn't and rejoined straight into my car putting me across the road into the wall my relief was that I still had 4 wheels lol but the car was massively damaged with my wheel 45 degrees to the left.

It was a racing incident and we are both gutted but we win and lose as a team so it's forgotten

3 seconds a lap slower than before I was easy meat for Gazza's Bmw but to my surprise I maintained 4th pheww

Enjoyed both races see you all for Zolder

If you are going to Run Bathhurst against Toast you probably want to be around 2:04 or better. I'm guessing Toast is low 2:00 is why he wants this track. I enjoyed it when it was in Grid, but its a bit different on this game although seems the shift points are very similar.

I have posted my expectations of the clarification of the Caution rules in its own post. Speed will be Track dependent, Probably close to 70mph, Cars will be able to pit, but cannot catch up until we are on our full caution lap, and cars should have one car length between them as we head to the restart. No passing until we cross the line or pre-determined starting point.

I'm working on something big what you think the colors ok?
that is Really Cool Ben!!! I love it. If we can get everyone set in one car for the rest of the year I could pay you a few bucks to do one for everyone. I am almost certain I will be switching to the AMG when it comes out. We can get some conformations from other drivers if they want a picture. I'm using that one as my wallpaper on my laptop right now. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's crucially important that the guys who pit (from accident or personal choice) must also maintain the 70mph speed limit until the race is restarted by the leader - they shouldn't be allowed to exit the pits at full race pace (which was absolutely the case last night from the race replay) in an attempt to catch the caution group and effectively nullify their incident or get a free pit stop.

I myself misunderstood the caution rule as far as catching up to the field (thinking nascar not international road racing rules). I think that if a caution is called out then the field should slow down to 70 and try to maintain the gap to the car in front (A rolling freeze in place so to speak). If it is a 1 sec gap then a little buffer should be added so as not to cause an accident. If it is half a track, then so be it. When exiting the pits, the driver should keep the car at 70 mph once he gets on the track.

As far as changing tires on a caution, anyone can pit so if you feel that a fast driver with a damaged car is at an advantage because he pits for repairs and gets fresh tires then pit and get fresh tires yourself.

When the caution is called, the race should not be restarted until after 1 full lap around the track is completed. I understand that this allows time to repair the cars and get out on the same lap provided that you can make it to the pits and get repairs done before the restart, but it becomes a long race when you know there is no way that you will be able to compete for a podium or be competitive. Personally it doesn't bother me because I am usually in the back anyway.

Last for my opinion, although the chatter doesn't bother me (I have a keen sense to be able to tune everything out when I want. Ask my wife) it should be kept to racing dialogue only. Also if you spin or wreck let everyone know that you wrecked and where so that people are aware of it. And disable the magic reset button if you haven't already.

Outside of that I had a crappy race, but a great time. I do this for fun not for sport. I personally only race in this league. I just don't have the time to invest in multiple leagues and I wish I had more time to practice then I do, but it is what it is. I look forward to amazing all of you with another spectacular performance at Donington GP. Don't know what car I will be driving being that the vette is crap (or at least way out of my driving abilities). May try the Z4 (and if any anyone wants to say anything, I drive with real world assist and nothing else. I drove the Aston Martin V12 last season. The only thing that was different was that I was driving from the Hood view not cockpit) or may go back to my old reliable.

Keep up the good work Mike. I enjoyed the first season and I am enjoying this season. If you need any help with anything in this league please ask. And feel free to mess up in the race like you did with your kinect. It is the only way that I can legitimately beat you.

Toast your doing a great job as well keep it up. And if you need help please feel free to ask as well. You all are a great group to race with and I look forward to every race we run.

Hey Toast I am in when I can make it. I good for the 30th.I definitely would like to see the car changed though. Wouldn't mind seeing an old school car like the older IMSA cars or the Historic cars. Also shorter track lengths

Good post, but you can catch up after your pit, or once we are on the "One Lap to Go" lap of the caution. Just maintain a car length between you and the guy in front before the flag. If you pit for damage, get fuel and tires and can't catch up before the green then its on you. We won't be slowing down to bunch the field anymore.
Spiff remember if you try the Z4 do it with ONLY ABS and Traction turned on.

Thanks. I saw they update. I don't run stability assist any way. I always ran with the real world assist any way so I am used to running without stability. b just can't run the vette. like I said I may go back to the sweet vantage V12 #46 if it isn't taken. I will post on Thursday as to what I am going to run. May try to hold out for AMG myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back