Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

yeah, I was a bit surprised to see you turn and keep turning... down into the barrier LoL. However, I didn't have anything for Blue and just tried to run a decent pace as my tires slowly gave up. Maybe we'll get to a track that will force the leader to pit for tires and everyone will follow :thumbsup:

Feature- I knew my quali would be poor as that's where the McLarens weakness was. Since me and lance were on the same row we almost made a roadblock to let no one by. First few laps were uneventful, made an error at T1 letting adel by, but I instantly got back past him round the outside of the chicane. I eventually passed lance on lap 12, we pitted together & he got past again in them. On lap 14 lance lost it up the hill and passed him. Then I managed to close on Andrew and "pass" him for P5. Catching the champion by 7s for me was pleasing. Back in the top 5 was satisfying.

Sprint- managed to avoid early chaos, got to P5 behind Adel. After some let's say "exuberant" defending, probably down to damage, I dunno. Adel eventually lost it up the hill, with me nowhere to go, I slammed into him at 140 mph. The damage was so bad, my lap times dropped by about 5.5s-6s to 47s. Despite this I managed to hold off Bajny, Ola & the 2 astons for a very long time. Tom and i think bajny eventually passed me for me to eventually claim P8. There wasn't a single corner I didn't have to defend. I think this was my favourite drive I've done on any game throughout the years. The overall result was frustrating, but how I rescued P8 made it an awesome race.

Did you want feature or sprint race recorded mate

Season 2
Round #1

Watkins Glen
50 laps
March 20th 14:00
Weather-Dry, Overcast
16gafls.png
1. GT3 Pro Matthew Spurrell, McLaren -50 laps
2. GT3 Am Nic Hurtado, BMW Z4
3. GT3 Pro Tom Senchak, Corvette C7R
4. GT3 Pro Joe White, Cadillac, ATS-V.R
5. GT3 Pro Sean Flemming, McLaren
6. GT3 Pro Chris Bowman, Bentley Continental
7. GT3 Am Tim Brook, BMW Z4
8. GT3 Pro Nic Worsfold, Bentley Continental
9. GTE Am Lucas Gortman, Corvette C7R -+ 1 Laps
10.GT3 Am Chris Cavana, Mercedes SLS -+ 1 Laps
11.GTE Am Brian Batiato, Corvette C7R -+1 Laps
12.GT3 Pro Michael Watts, Mercedes SLS -+2 Laps
13.GT3 Pro Ben Wells, Aston Martin V12 -DNF (engine)
14.GT3 Pro Railer Cantrell, Cadillac ATS-V.R -DNF (handling)
15.GT3 Pro Eric Cline, Bentley Continental -DNF (crash)
16.GT3 Pro Robert Waddell, Cadillac ATS-V.R -DNF (crash)

Season two brings new changes and challenges to the Series. The schedule was expanded and a Virtual Safety Car system added. With a full field and fast drivers for the Season opener, Watkins Glen's quiet Amish countryside was awakened by the roar of engines and sound of tires crying out for attention. Anticipation levels were high, and expectations equally high. Last minute drama and back room deals being made by Manufacturers to get drivers into their cars. Two new Cars were added to the Series roster with the Cadillac and Corvette being available to the Drivers this Season.
Qualifying was fast and furious with Matthew Spurrell taking the pole by .051 seconds over Nic Worsfold with a 1:41.743. From Ben Wells in 3rd back to 13th were only separated by 1.5 seconds.
The start of the race went well for the front runners while the First corner reached out and bit some drivers spreading the field out a bit until the first caution created by and incident in turn 8. After pitting and closing the field up the green flag dropped again for a couple of laps. With all the drivers now closed up, a second caution was inevitable, and so was the incident coming out of the bus stop. Several cars were allowed to pit and close back up as the field took the green again, only to have Nic Worsfold slip at the start and spin on cold tires. That would all but ruin his race, dropping him back to the rear until pit stops allowed him to recover to finish 8th. Scheduled pitstops began around lap 25 and numerous strategies were enacted to gain an advantage on a track that was eating tires losing grip as the race progressed. Eventually things would sort out as Spurrell maintained the top position as the Race ran into Dusk. With 40 laps to go, 3rd place, Michael Watts crashed hard into the barrier on the exit of the Bus-stop. As he limped his car around there was some confusion and mystery as to why a caution wasn't called, but the race went on at a furious pace. The last ten laps saw a lot of cars struggle for grip as the Sun had fully gone down by now and late race spins shook up the final run down. Spurrell was able to hold onto the win, driving a near perfect race. Nic Hurtado moved up to 2nd in the final laps to catch his first Podium and move himself out of Amateur status. Tom Senchak rallied his C7R to a 3rd place finish in the first outing of the new car. Senchak, runner up in the Championship last season dominated many of the races last year, was not happy with his finish. A bit disappointed with the new car he hopes to achieve a better result in the next Round as the series moves to Donington for the UK Grand Prix. Honerable mention goes to, Joe White, driving the new Cadillac fought his way from the back of the pack to finish 4th, just missing the Podium.

Round #2 World Endurance Challenge
Donington, UK 60 Laps
April 6th 2016

You Must Confirm your Participation in this Race (1) Hour before Lobby Starts
to Receive and Invite for this Race.

645931_orig-5530ed430d855.jpg
Lobby starts at: Approx 8:00pm EST
Comms: Party Chat
Practice: 20 mins
Qualifying: 20 mins
Warmup: 5 mins
Green Flag: Approx 8:45pm EST
Laps: 60* laps (59 Hot Laps with Parade Lap)
Start: Standing with a Parade Lap
Weather: Heavy Cloud, Heavy Cloud, Overcast, Light Rain. 2x progression
According to Event Planner we should not see any Rain.
Local Race Time: April 3rd 2016 13:00
Assists: FIA GT3 allowed Assists (ABS, Traction) No Stability Practice Accordingly
View: Forced Interior
Damage: Full
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Virtual Safety Car will be active for Two or More Car Incidents, Read Rules below.
Entry List:
1. Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / Mercedes SLS #18 GT-Pro Dyno-Might Motorsports
2. Nic Worsfold / EpilepticToast / Bentley #85 GT-Pro Daredevil Racing
3.Tom Senchak / the Dalai toma / McLaren #12 GT-Pro Senchak Motorsports
4. Brian Batiato / SpiffPF2 / Aston Martin Vantage #46 GT-Am Bat-Man Racing
5. Cordell Walker / Beetesjuice / Corvette C7R #4 GT-Pro Beetes Racing
6. Ben Wells / Zarf Pz / Aston Martin Vantage #99 GT-Pro Need Racing
7. Matthew Spurrell / Haveblue112 / McLaren GT3 #60 (Orange) GT-Pro 888 Race Engineering
8. Sean Fleming / Globespy / Mclaren #60 (blue) GT-Pro 888 Race Engineering
9. Abe Wozniak / iHAM EAGLTHRUST / Corvette C7R #64 GT-Am Wozniak Racing
10.Chris Chavana / Docholiday600 / Mercedes SLS #80 GT-Pro Dyno-Might Motosports
11.Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / Cadillac ATS-V #48 GT-Pro Cline Motorsports
12.Nic Hurtado / dicksn salsa / BMW Z4 #26 GT-Pro Dixon Fire Racing
13. Chris Bowman / AC Hatemaker / Bentley #84 GT-Pro Daredevil Racing **
14.Ben Kennell / IdIoT1995 / BMW Z4 #78 GT-Am Kennell Racing **
15.Lucas Gortman / X Taco Lover XX / Corvette C7R #6 GT-Am Taco Motorsports **
16.Tim Brook / Timmo2k / BMW Z4 #20 GT-Am 05 Motorsports**

Track Specific
Virtual Safety Car Rules:
Leader will maintain an approx 70mph avg speed (2:08.0 Lap time) In the event of the leader pitting next car up will maintain said speed/lap time. If leader pits and is released ahead of 2nd placed car he must still pace himself accordingly to complete the Full Pace Lap at the 2:08.0 lap time.
A Caution Incident at Donington, due to large run-offs, will be defined as: Two Cars with heavy Contact creating Performance Affecting Damage, or a Car loosing a wheel "On three Wheels" and trying to return to Pits.
Single file Restarts, One Car Length separation, Leader calls the Green at the Flag Stand.
No passing until the Flag Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back