Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Hey, I'm still not blowing anyone's doors off. Toast is still a good second to second and a half faster. I just feel more comfortable in the Merc. I was able to match my lap times in less than 10 mins in the Merc, which took two weeks of practice to achieve in the Vette. Robert, you admitted yourself the Vette was castratrated as a race car. I will still be forfeiting the 5 bonus points for switching to the New AMG later in the season if I find it better. Everyone is allowed to change their car BEFORE THE FIRST RACE and still keep their 5 bonus points until you change After the Season has begun. At some point you have to evaluate your performance and potential and do what's best for you. I may still not win any races in the Merc but I feel it gives me the best chance to be competitive on Race Day.

and I will say thats how I felt last week about the z4 giving me a better chance at winning but I'm sticking with caddy all though I would like that switch flipped on the assist lol...I know I know I'm trying hahahahahahaha....

@bigdaddvx2005 you are putting too much stock in running Stabilty on that Caddy which isn't a Real Assist on the Caddy. You are already using the Braking line which is a huge advantage in the dark :thumbsdown:

I used the whole line last season just using braking this time slow steps lol...hey and a man can dream for his assist right lol...and yes I know its not a real assist buttt I still can dream...whats that saying I have a dream lol.....and it never hurt to ask either lol....

Regarding the brake line, I actually found I learned the track with it turned off, rather than just driving the track, following the color changes.
You can actually brake much later than the brake line suggests, and i've become much faster and more consistent with the line turned off all together. It makes the out/sighting lap that more much important.

I haven't used a Braking line since F1 2010. You're right Abe you do learn the track better. If you actually braked when it suggested, you would be so slow in this league. That's why I consider it huge advantage when driving at night as it paints the corners and braking zones very clearly. Part of the challenge of driving into the Dusk is the lack of visibility.

so are the rules sticking with real assists Mike or are you allowing TCS and ABS for all cars? Stability is maybe a bit much to add as as well but Big has said he finds racing more enjoyable when he has access to it. I realize that wouldn't be real assists anymore but the relevance of that kinda gets thrown out the window mixing GTE/GT3 cars, and if the GTE's are given access to ABS it wouldn't be out of place adding stability too. Even then just map buttons like I have to turn certain assists on/off in game. That way you can just toggle all three in the race, so if the rain starts pouring you just toggle on stability/traction..etc I really don't mind if everyone had access to whatever they want to run to have fun.
I'd say it's up to the guys running the GTE vettes without ABS right now. If they feel that they will be more competitive with ABS (and maybe stability) as an option, then allow it. I know I would have loved having ABS in the Aston last season, it would likely have prevented quite a few of my lock up mishaps that cost me good points.
lets not go on about the racing line lol, it is what it is at this point. I think those of us that never use it just need to accept some guys prefer racing with it that way (I don't see how, but to each their own) and it'll have to be like that until SMS make it a lobby host removable aid. It really is only problematic for any night races, even still I don't think it gave Big (in particular, as I don't think anyone else uses it) any noticeably huge lap time advantage over others last season in the dark, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

I haven't used a Braking line since F1 2010. You're right Abe you do learn the track better. If you actually braked when it suggested, you would be so slow in this league. That's why I consider it huge advantage when driving at night as it paints the corners and braking zones very clearly. Part of the challenge of driving into the Dusk is the lack of visibility.

i would have to talk to ya'll about why I really use that line globspy knows why I use it and don't remove it. Its not a oh I dont want to learn to run without it lets just say that I cant run without. I woudlnt be able to play this game without that help of the line I'll say that. I know yall are fast and all, and like to say its an advantage but you also have the choice to use it also. but I have my reason why I run it.. and as for the comment about what is assist well some people can drive without them and some cant and yes I've heard all the well you can learn. Like I've said in the past I'm hear to have fun and cant wait to race...

TNGTC GT3-AM ROUND 2 RESULTS

Watkins Glen GP

Feature race:
1st - Aleksandr Voloschuk
2nd - Paul Newell
3rd - Max Rasskosov
4th - Aleksandr Frolov
5th - Garland Alun
6th - Sergey Nikolaev
7th - Sean Hindle
8th - Jelani Patterson

Sprint race:
1st - Jelani Patterson
2nd - David Zitterbart
3rd - Sergey Nikolaev
4th - Aleksandr Voloschuk
5th - Max Rasskosov
6th - Paul Newell
7th - Garland Alun
8th - Aleksandr Frolov
9th - Joshua Bonadie
10th - Karl Turkalj

Drivers championship standings:
1st - Alun - 54 points
2nd - Rasskosov - 46 points
3rd - Frolov - 39 points
4th - Newell - 35 points
5th - Voloschuk - 35 points
6th - Patterson - 32 points
7th - Nikolaev - 26 points
8th - Stevens - 19 points
9th - Mcvicar - 18 points
10th - Zitterbart - 12 points
11th - Bonadie - 7 points
12th - Hindle - 6 points
13th - Turkalj - 2 point

Team championship standings:
1st - Fun racing - 89 points
2nd - Caporal RUS - 65 points
3rd - Russie Racing - 48 points
4th - Vincystr8 Mtsp - 39 points
5th - 911 Racing - 35 points
6th - RaceonOz Mtsp 30 points
7th - 10 strikes rcng - 21 points

Last edited:
I've spoken with a few Vette Drivers, and they are fine with the lack of ABS. It was never a problem for me when I was driving the Vette, it was other issues that forced me to change cars. The point of GT3 and GTE cars having certain assists are very valid, and thus I will allow them when we have a wet race to level the playing field. Like you said Toast, the assist can be mapped and toggled on the wheel, Only if they are turned on in Player Options as the "Real" or "Off" overrides the Lobby when everything is available. The Z4 is the only car that utilizes the "ESC" Electronic Stability Control as a Real Assist and I will admit it's pretty awesome in the rain. But to be Fair, GTE cars should have the option to run ABS in the Wet as I think that will help. ESC would be available to everyone and would be used at the Drivers discretion.

yeah it's important to not disregard that some people might actually NEED it due to personal/health/vision complications (not saying that's what you meant btw big, I don't know your story lol just an example). In the case of that I have no issues with it at all because then that person would be left out badly and that's not right.

I've spoken with a few Vette Drivers, and they are fine with the lack of ABS. It was never a problem for me when I was driving the Vette, it was other issues that forced me to change cars. The point of GT3 and GTE cars having certain assists are very valid, and thus I will allow them when we have a wet race to level the playing field. Like you said Toast, the assist can be mapped and toggled on the wheel, Only if they are turned on in Player Options as the "Real" or "Off" overrides the Lobby when everything is available. The Z4 is the only car that utilizes the "ESC" Electronic Stability Control as a Real Assist and I will admit it's pretty awesome in the rain. But to be Fair, GTE cars should have the option to run ABS in the Wet as I think that will help. ESC would be available to everyone and would be used at the Drivers discretion.

ok ok i'll be the first to say it that chevy was to slow for ya hahahahahaha...yeah I'll take the wet would love to have the dry but I'll take what I can get...if I see I'm havng trouble I'll have to go back to the z4 I would hate to and lose the points but I have to do what is best for me and what will make me feel more comfortable having fun....

yeah it's important to not disregard that some people might actually NEED it due to personal/health/vision complications (not saying that's what you meant btw big, I don't know your story lol just an example). In the case of that I have no issues with it at all because then that person would be left out badly and that's not right.

you hit it man lol...I dont talk about it man just happy to be here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back