Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

yeah so much for close racing now lol...hey last minute asking can I get my all my assist now man lol....figured sense deal making is being thrown out I mide as well ask lol.....
ok ok lets take it easy here, there's no set in stone deals to stick to. However, I agree it is leaving it all a bit late to split a team up IMO.
guys please don't forget now that we have full course cautions, the field can still be bunched and give anyone another shot at going for position jumps. Believe me, having the virtual yellows makes any racing worth while because it puts you right back in it. and there will be at least one I bet.
This is why I think it'll be much closer this season but everyone seems to be very negative going into round 1 for one reason or another.
not sure about assists big, I'd say I agree that any assists should be allowed for everybody just so they can run whatever they are best comfortable with.
lets just have some fun tonight!

glen2_race_brumosporsche.jpg

The Circuit

Watkins Glen is the first US circuit that is on the TNGTC calendar this year, and we come into this race with a week gap beckoning afterwards. Ben Milden leads the championship coming into the event, with Dominic Ollivierre and Andrew Holmes baring down on him. We come to a circuit that suits the Bentley car, which is good news for Dominic and Adam. The M3s and Z4s should be strong here, with the bumpy nature of the circuit. The long corners may see the McLaren drivers struggle, so let’s see what happens when we arrive at Watkins Glen.

Press Conference
Q: As we come to the first break of the season, how do you feel about your performance so far?
Q: Will your car suit this event?
Q: What are the strengths and weaknesses of your car?
Q: Who will win the title?

Press Conference
Q: As we come to the first break of the season, how do you feel about your performance so far?
A: Average at best; no win in the first third of the season is a poor showing really.
A: Nope, not enough power.
A: Strengths: Good traction, fair corner speed.
Weaknesses: No power.
A: No idea

yeah so much for close racing now lol...hey last minute asking can I get my all my assist now man lol....figured sense deal making is being thrown out I mide as well ask lol.....
Hey, I'm still not blowing anyone's doors off. Toast is still a good second to second and a half faster. I just feel more comfortable in the Merc. I was able to match my lap times in less than 10 mins in the Merc, which took two weeks of practice to achieve in the Vette. Robert, you admitted yourself the Vette was castratrated as a race car. I will still be forfeiting the 5 bonus points for switching to the New AMG later in the season if I find it better. Everyone is allowed to change their car BEFORE THE FIRST RACE and still keep their 5 bonus points until you change After the Season has begun. At some point you have to evaluate your performance and potential and do what's best for you. I may still not win any races in the Merc but I feel it gives me the best chance to be competitive on Race Day.

Press Conference
Q:
As we come to the first break of the season, how do you feel about your performance so far?
Since imola it's been poor & gone downhill, very very irritated that not just the car, but I have thrown away some better results.

For a car/circuit combo that was supposed to be mega strong, me and lance sill find ourselves a good few tenths off the bentleys & M3s

Strengths: Good Traction
Weaknesses: Horrible front end grip in long corners, & a very small setup window.

God knows

Last edited:
Press Conference
My pace has been improving every race, but the results aren't showing. My main focus now is to improve my consistently.

The car doesn't like medium speed corners Because of its lazy front end, but it's a track i like and I'll try to push a good result out of it.

Strengths
- Speed & power

Weaknesses
- Lazy front end

Me :D

We could take Laguna Seca off the schedule since we already have 2 American Races. I like Zhuhai as well, there was some really good racing there last season and the lap times were super close. There will be no shortage of speed and HP with that Bentley at Zhuhai like you experienced last season Toast. I mean we could always scrap the Support Series and Extend the season to 15 rounds, including Brno, Bathurst, and Catalunya or Azure Circuit :O_o:

Press Conference

Q:
As we come to the first break of the season, how do you feel about your performance so far?
I'm performing creditably well as a result of the hard work last season learning the game, the circuits and the cars while honing my skills. The results now reflect my ability and I'm content so far but pushing to raise the bar nonetheless.

The Bentley will be one of the better suited cars here because it's supercharged engine while at high altitude and its overall balance but this track requires that high speed long corner balance with low tyre loading which makes the M3 a stronger package here so they will be a huge threat.

Strengths - it's a big car with great balance once setup right
Weaknesses - it's a big car and is shaped like a toe for luxury apparently, so it's aerodynamic disadvantage nulls whatever bhp it shouts on paper, and makes it hard to slip stream other cars and give other cars a massive draft.

The driver with the most feature wins and fewer absences, that being said, maximum attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back