Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Q: P2 - 1:37.0 - Best lap of the week somehow.
FR: P2 - Annoyed but satisfied
Got a bad start by my standards and slotted in behind Nic. Pressured him into a small error into T2, then a big mistake into T6. Managed to get a good run out of T6 hairpin and led by 1 sec. Few mistakes where the lack of testing meant I didn't open brake ducts enough. Pitted lap 12, Ben tried to go one extra but slotted in behind. Made a mistake on the brakes at T6 where Nic did, and Ben went through. Hung onto the back of him, still struggling with brakes, but couldn't make a move.
SR: P3 - Could do nothing about top 2
Got a decent getaway but decided to hang back. Avoid chaos in T1, and tried to have a run at Ben and Bajny into the hairpin. Michal must not have seen me as he ran me onto the grass so I lost my opportunity. Managed to make my way through the field into P3 when lag hit and lots of drivers went haywire. Kept P3. Should've won the Feature in my eyes but another double podium so happy.

Feature

Q: P7
R: P10

Good start. I was running with the leaders for the first time in my career which was a pleasure :cool:, but they were going quite slow from battling each other :roflmao:. I took a little too much kerb on lap 7 sending me straight into the wall where I picked up a lot of damage. I pitted but made the mistake of going on mediums and I was going a second a lap slower than what I should've been doing.
P10 - disappointing result, again.

Sprint

Q: P4
R: DNF

Great start again, undercutting Ola at Turn 1. Got passed Liam and started to settle down behind Dean when Gazza's car didn't know where to be at and took out half the field, including me, forcing me to pit again from damage. After that I lost all motivation and when I spun, I had enough from Project Cars and retired. I put all this effort in during the week for some stupid lag to ruin my chance of a podium, why do I even bother.

Feature:
Q - 1st
R - 3rd

Qually was ok, working on the one lap magic and have had some good performances lately so I'm content with the lap 1:36.9. Started pretty decent but nerves weren't in tact yet, made a silly mistake out braking myself to become vulnerable to pressure, settled in behind Andrew waiting for him to make a big mistake which he eventually did, chose the wrong side around him and hence spun him back around and help the overs behind to pressure me, got caught in a 4 way battle, then got massacred by a huge lag by Ben on lap 5, had no choice but to pit from p8 and make a Classy drive from the back through the field. Managed to pump out some solid low 37's for all 20 laps on the set of tyres, driving was flat out, managed tyres well, pitted in, had 5 secs deficit to Andrew and Ben when they came out pits, caught Andrew with 2 laps to go, got over ambitious with a slick move and spun on penultimate lap on approach to hairpin to acquire Damage then limped home in shame. Lol

Sprint:
Q - 13th
R - 2nd

Some how found a way to move through the field quite comfortably but this one was massively aided by the lag the winner created raping everyone, so it wasn't fair to beat him in the end lol. Was pretty quick, ran away from Andrew quite comfortably and caught his team mate at end but wasn't enough. Considering the drama of the day's activities, came out with good consolidation of points, a step backward in chmpshp fight but still in it, we continue to fight. Top job from my team mate @Adam Morris for securing some good team points this week, totally happy about that!

Last edited:
Feature

Good start. I was running with the leaders for the first time in my career which was a pleasure :cool:, but they were going quite slow from battling each other :roflmao:. I took a little too much kerb on lap 7 sending me straight into the wall where I picked up a lot of damage. I pitted but made the mistake of going on mediums and I was going a second a lap slower than what I should've been doing.

Sprint

Great start again, undercutting Ola at Turn 1. Got passed Liam and started to settle down behind Dean when Gazza's car didn't know where to be at and took out half the field, including me, forcing me to pit again from damage. After that I lost all motivation and when I spun, I had enough from Project Cars and retired. I put all this effort in during the week for some stupid lag to ruin my chance of a podium, why do I even bother.
Well done mate. Great pace this week

RACE RESULTS AND POINTS AFTER HOCKENHEIM

TNGTCHOCK.png

FEATURE RACE

IMG_3707.PNG

IMG_3708.PNG

SPRINT

IMG_3709.PNG

IMG_3710.PNG

Feature

Sprint

Great start again, undercutting Ola at Turn 1. Got passed Liam and started to settle down behind Dean when Gazza's car didn't know where to be at and took out half the field, including me, forcing me to pit again from damage. After that I lost all motivation and when I spun, I had enough from Project Cars and retired. I put all this effort in during the week for some stupid lag

will be testing new hosts to see if thats the problem but it seemed like was just 2 seperate lag spikes in the feature and then the sprint i would just try just leave it in the past and focus on brands hatch been really impressed with your progress atm mate your really getting to grips with that new wheel fast you'll be just as quick as us the more time you put in but you where only about 3-4 tenths slower than me in qualy trim which is impressive considering you started on a pad then a half working wheel now the g29 lol in a space of a like a month haha :) keep up the good work

Last edited:
Well that was a nightmare. Twice in the feature I was rammed up the rear into the hairpin causing pretty big aero damage, the 2nd time was literally the same lap I came out the pits after fixing my aero damage!

The sprint was messed. Got into P3, then that crazy lag happened & I somehow emerged P2, Then while battling Dominic I spun & lost it all. Starting to also get pretty irritated at how bad this McLaren is. The ratio of bad tracks to good tracks it has is irritating. I can only blame myself in the sprint, but overall I'm pretty irritated.

the lag cant really be helped to be honest mate but we will be trailing Myself as a host threw this week as my new fiber broadband is fitted on Monday so dont worry about that it effected everyone i believe as in the feature race myself @Gareth Williams and @Dominic Ollivierre where almost killed by lag on the main straight well Gareth and nic where forced to run off my car just bounced into the air and caused damage somehow as after that was like 1.5 seconds a lap slower and from what i seen lance was the worst 1 to be effected in the sprint car was turtled and loses a wheel :( if u ever want help for the mclaren just give me a shout i dont mind giving people my base settings to work off got a pretty decent 1 for that car it can be a tricky one to get ya head around as it doesn't have many things you can adjust compared to some of the others

Like Imola S1 for me seeing all this thats exactly how it happened lag then my car was in a wall destroying itself except your tipped upside down on the spot and lose a wheel somehow , you would of been in a good position as well if that didn't happen
My sprint race

That's exactly what happened to me at Watkins Glen. The McLaren doesn't like lagging cars under neath it

McCluskey to come back stronger than ever

After Benjamin McCluskey's wheel issues were fixed and we seen him fighting with the leaders, everything seem to be going amazing for him until his woes from the previous rounds caught up and snatched him.
In the feature race, McCluskey took a little bit too much kerb on the fast right hander after the hairpin sending him straight across the track to be greeted by his best friend, the wall. McCluskey was forced to pit and made yet another mistake by going onto the mediums when he miss calculated the amount of laps remaining. McCluskey brought the car home in 10th and said to TNGTC live on air that he was determined to get a podium in the sprint race. All was going well for him in the sprint race. He was in 3rd place starting to set up a move on Dean when Gazza's car lagged at the hairpin, taking out Lance Loomis. Gazza's car then rushed back to where it was meant to be, and in the meantime whipping out Dean Ragan and Benjamin McCluskey. All three cars failed to Finish.

McCluskey seemed to be really upset afterwards and wouldn't speak to any interviewers until earlier on today, where he said, "I really thought I could get a podium. It's racing and this stuff happens, but I'm going to leave Germany and arrive in the UK even stronger than before. This is only the start and the tip of the ice burg. The 'Dark Horse' has been released and it's hungry for victory".

Last edited:
McCluskey to come back stronger than ever

After Benjamin McCluskey's wheel issues were fixed and we seen him fighting with the leaders, everything seem to be going amazing for him until his woes from the previous rounds caught up and snatched him.
In the feature race, McCluskey took a little bit too much kerb on the fast right hander after the hairpin sending him straight across the track to be greeted by his best friend, the wall. McCluskey was forced to pit and made yet another mistake by going onto the mediums when he miss calculated the amount of laps remaining. McCluskey brought the car home in 10th and said to TNGTC live on air that he was determined to get a podium in the sprint race. All was going well for him in the sprint race. He was in 3rd place starting to set up a move on Dean when Gazza's car lagged at the hairpin, taking out Lance Loomis. Gazza's car then rushed back to where it was meant to be, and in the meantime whipping out Dean Ragan and Benjamin McCluskey. All three cars failed to Finish.

McCluskey seemed to be really upset afterwards and wouldn't speak to any interviewers until earlier on today, where he said, "I really thought I could get a podium. It's racing and this stuff happens, but I'm going to leave Germany and arrive in the UK even stronger than before. This is only the start and the tip of the ice burg. The 'Dark Horse' has been released and it's hungry for victory".
Does the wheel make that much of a difference still not convinced about getting one I'm really heavy handed with my pad and worried I'll break it

Does the wheel make that much of a difference still not convinced about getting one I'm really heavy handed with my pad and worried I'll break it
YESSS!!!! Nearly 1 second a lap quicker. But I Did race with the T80 before, so I have wheel experience which has helped.
It would probably take you a race or two to get to the level your at now, but after that you'll be so much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back