Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Important Message
. After some thought and Consideration Due to the past couple of races and the incidents that have occurred on lap 1 especially i think for tonight's Race, off the start as you are going into t1 everyone must hold there position going into that corner and try to keep single file as you enter if you pass on the straight thats fine before t1 but with such a short run into t1 and the fact its so narrow and a high speed corner i have a feeling we will have alot of problems threw there, after that race as usual just a suggestion more than anything we are not amateurs here in this league most of us if not all have been doing this for years and can race without issue so please can we have 1 race with next to no contact, no stewards inquiries and some awesome race footage to boost our site even further, see you all there tonight guys
@Ben Milden please let me know your thoughts
Should we try a rolling start? We do a warm up lap and then start the race on lap 2.

Important Message
. After some thought and Consideration Due to the past couple of races and the incidents that have occurred on lap 1 especially i think for tonight's Race, off the start as you are going into t1 everyone must hold there position going into that corner and try to keep single file as you enter if you pass on the straight thats fine before t1 but with such a short run into t1 and the fact its so narrow and a high speed corner i have a feeling we will have alot of problems threw there, after that race as usual just a suggestion more than anything we are not amateurs here in this league most of us if not all have been doing this for years and can race without issue so please can we have 1 race with next to no contact, no stewards inquiries and some awesome race footage to boost our site even further, see you all there tonight guys

Personally I don't like this idea, surely if we're not amateurs we should be entrusted to race freely & hope everyone is smart enough.

WEC "flat-out" racing
Webber also re-iterated his belief that modern sportscar racing is more or less "flat-out", explaining that, unlike in F1, engineers rarely have to tell their drivers to back off.

"The first corner of a sportscar race is not as punchy [as in F1]," said Webber.

"But after that, now it is – Nico Hulkenberg is a classic example, he's the latest guy to have driven these [prototypes].

"First time he went down to Aragon [to test], three hours he was flat out, and there's no brief – it's extremely rare for a guy at Le Mans now to say 'back off' or 'look after something'.

"I've had Porsche engineers on the radio telling me we lost 0.5s in that pitstop - that's fast and furious.

"It's pretty intense now, and Porsche has been responsible for a lot of that."

Interview by Jonathan Noble
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/porsche-has-shown-f1-teams-how-to-go-testing-webber-678317/

Important Message

Won't work lol

Well that was a nightmare. Twice in the feature I was rammed up the rear into the hairpin causing pretty big aero damage, the 2nd time was literally the same lap I came out the pits after fixing my aero damage!

The sprint was messed. Got into P3, then that crazy lag happened & I somehow emerged P2, Then while battling Dominic I spun & lost it all. Starting to also get pretty irritated at how bad this McLaren is. The ratio of bad tracks to good tracks it has is irritating. I can only blame myself in the sprint, but overall I'm pretty irritated.

Feature race

Q: 4th no pace for a unknown reason strange

R: 1st

Average start had to fend off @Adam Morris around turns 1&2 but held on sat behind the top 3 of @Andrew Holmes @Gareth Williams @Dominic Ollivierre and waited for the show to start lol it finally kicked off around lap 3 I think Andrew lost it into the penultimate turn and Dom got caught in the spin that aloud myself and gazer to get in the mix but gazer ran out wide in the final turn which let me past (thanks for the room mate). Then Dom and Andrew had a fight into the hairpin slowing then down and we went 3 wide into the fast right sweeper. I bailed out onto the run off as it clearly wasn't going to work. The next bend Dom ran on giving me p2.

After that a lag incident involving me compromised gazer and doms races allowing myself and Andrew to fight for the win. He was driving well but I could see he made mistakes under braking so after the pitstops I closed in and he went off allowing me to pass for p1. For the rest of the race I resisted the pressure from Andrew to bring home a fantastic win so pleased

SPRINT

Q: Dnq

R: 7th

Crap start and lots of lag on the opening lap so I was very careful with overtaking people got stuck behind @Bajny and on to lap 2 he spun suddenly over the kerbs at turn 1 I hit him in the side 3 times and wrecked my car.

Not anyone's fault but mightily frustrating after that the car was so slow I was 2 seconds a lap of my feature pace and 10 mph down in the straights so to get p7 was a good result.

Thanks to @Adel Elsayed for his help in the sprint and his brilliant feature race drive much better this week dude

Congrats to Gareth on killing the whole field and then still winning nice tactic lol

And to Dom for keeping the pressure on.

Fight continues......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back