Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Q: P4
FR: P2
Had a good launch, got through Gazer and Adam. Tried to get by Dominic in the opening stint, but couldn't quite manage it. Tried the undercut but to no avail, so I let Gazer through to see if he could get Nic. Like the gracious guy he is he gave me the place back.

SR: P2
Had a decent getaway but didn't want any contact into turn one. So I braked early hoping to avoid trouble, got tagged by a spinning Tom but all was good. Managed to bypass a few cars before I ran up to the back of Gazer. He was finding it harder than I to work through the field, so we both managed to get a couple of drivers. Contact between Gazer and Adel have them damage. I managed to get by both, almost taking @Thomas While in the process. Sorry dude, should've checked my mirror. Caught up the 4 secs to my old car with Jason at the wheel. Managed to dummy him into a mistake at the hairpin. Managed to get Nic due to his damage and finished 16 seconds shy of Adam.

Very happy with my races tonight, still frustrated by my lack of wins, but I hope this consistency is paying off in the championship. Hope I can win at Hockenheim, and that the car is quick at Brands Hatch in the wet!

Incident at turn 1 Catalunya sprint

Drivers involved: me @Dominic Ollivierre @Benjamin McC @Thomas While @Lance Loomis

Describe incident: Tom hit up the back so can't stop for turn 1 collecting benji myself and lance

Description:
Incident at turn one & incident involving contact with Adel at Barcelona catalunya TNGTC

Drivers involved:
@Thomas While @Benjamin McC (@OllieRixon or @Ronnie Dewey in Z4) @Ben Milden @Adel Elsayed

My POV:
Tom brakes pretty early and I am overwhelmed and run into the back of him (absolutely nothing intentional but it doesn't compromise his approach to turn 1 which he broke very early for), that incident looks to be a result of Ben not backing giving Benjamin enough room on his right and not backing out of the sandwich. They both pass tom on entry.

Adel's incident; he cuts back on me initially when I'm coming at a faster pace on outside causing contact, then I try to capitalize on his compromised line to the turn but he closes the door and we make contact, I remain side by side untill next turn where I brake earlier for, he doesn't leave enough room on inside I'm forced to use the kerb and have a wider exit fully attempting to stay tight to give him room, we make contact although I'm slightly ahead and we both go straight on slightly.

Last edited:
Feature
Q: 1st
R: 1st

Definitely needed to bring my A-game and that I did. I was wary of a big challenge beforehand by @Gareth Williams but was totally surprised by the pace of @Andrew Holmes. The GWAH boys mean business and they were totally impressive in this race. Was quite interesting to see how they raced together as teammates, it was a spectacle. Gaz let Andrew have a go at me in the 1st stint but I kept him just just out of reach from making an ambitious move, then I turned up the pace just before the stops and it was good timing since Andrew tried to undercut. My pit stop was pretty slow, lost time to both but in laps were just quick enough to come out all of us almost side by side in turn one, was quite scary. Managed to hold Andrew off again and he let gaz by to have a go, gaz was super consistent as usual and totally gave me a good run till I found my rhythm again and produced some mighty laps. It was an arduous drive on my end and totally impressive teamwork from the GWAH boys, well done to you two!

Sprint
Q: dnq
R: 3rd

Not a great start but good enough to be in range, gave Tom a little love tap after he broke very early then his team mate had a coming together with Ben which made them all collide and go straight on, I still somehow ended up behind them in the next turn then eventually got by them, closed on Adel who I didn't have great racing camaraderie with the last time we met at Brno, so I was expecting a similar challenge. He was as usuall aggressively defensive, got by him in a currently controversial fashion but made it stick and eventually got by jason but had front end damage losing speed, once Andrew got by jason he caught me pretty easy, didn't bother to fight him much as I was much slower. Settled for 3rd.

Description:
Incident at turn one & incident involving contact with Adel at Barcelona catalunya TNGTC

Drivers involved:
@Thomas While @Benjamin McC (@OllieRixon or @Ronnie Dewey in Z4) @Ben Milden @Adel Elsayed

My POV:
Clip 1: Tom brakes extremely early, same time as the cars 100m Infront him and I am overwhelmed and run into the back of him (absolutely nothing intentional but it doesn't compromise his approach to turn 1 which he broke very early for)

Clip 2: pov from someone behind the incident; Ben turns into benjamin rather early which causes benjamin to turn into Tom which causes all 3 cars to be victim of the game contact glitch and go straight on.

Clip 3,4,5: Ben cuts benjamin's nose on straight which sends him erratically to the left and takes out (ola or Ronnie who ever was in that z4) and he clearly doesn't wait to hand back the position after ruining that z4's race

Clip 6: After Ben takes the Z4 off the track and not waiting for him, he turns into Benjamin squeezing him into me causing some uncomfortable straight line driving then turning into him further down on approach to turn one like no other car was there trying to get his apex then goes straight on and completely cuts the next turn and rejoins the track very unsafely and hits Tom again on that reentry (can post vid of this but forgot to include and not bothered)

Clip 7: me being slightly ahead of Adel on approach to hairpin, ohe taps me on inside so I hold my line n get pushed wide slightly off the track doesn't allow me back through then Ben totally ignores that I'm there and Rams into my rear left almost taking me out

Clip 8,9,10: Adel does his usual erratic driving turning into a car that's approaching much faster ignoring the fact that I have to alter course or crash into him after he already picked his line, typical Adel move, I then try to make the pass on inside as I see him have a compromised line on entry but he throws the car sideways and was not on apex yet essentially shutting the door on me while I'm already there and we have contact, I come off power slightly to remain side by side as he still has momentum, I have the Inside of the next turn, it's my corner, then on exit, as u can see from cockpit view, I am still fully locked to left and we have very slight contact but the project cars glitch puts both of us straight then when we are not touching my car turns as normal.

Here's my "Typical move" bro...

Incident 1
Drivers Involved: Car #10 - Milden and Car #78 - Ericcson
Video Footage (Range): 0:00 - 0:34
Describe Incident: Time lost 7 - 9 seconds, positions lost 8 - 10.
First shot is chase of Car #78 - Ericcson. Second shot shows no contact between Car #81 - McCluskey and Car #10 - Milden, Car #10 then hits off Car #78 - Ericcson and fails to give back the position.

Incident 2
Drivers Involved: Car #1 - Loomis, Car #10 - Milden, Car #81 - McCluskey, Car #82 - White, and Car #84 -Ollivierre
Video Footage (Range): 0:36 - 1:35
Describe Incident: Time lost 5 - 7 seconds. positions lost 5.
First shot is on board #1 - Loomis. Second shot shows Car #10 - Milden turning into Car #81 - McCluskey, which pushes Car #81 into Car #82 - White. Upon correction, Car #10 hits off Car #1 - Loomis and fails to give back position.

Incident 3
Drivers Involved: Car #10 - Milden
Video Footage (Range): 1:36 - 2:21
Describe Incident: Rejoining track unsafely.
This shot shows the Car #10 - Milden rejoining the track unsafely and causing a collision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back