Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Q: 4 events in are you happy with your season so far?
Not really, the game has disconnected me from two good points finishes and being banged around in sprint races isn't ideal.

Q: Catalunya next this race was wet last season so who will be quick in the dry?
I had dry pace around here in the Ginetta, so we shall see what the McLaren can do.

Q: Do you prefer the feature or sprint races?
They both bring good excitement.

Q: Aims for this race?
Points, points, and points.

well lets spice it up and everyone in pro run some of the * reputation considered* slower cars.
Vette vs caddy vs bentley vs mclaren vs gte or something. It really makes the gt3 field much more exciting IMO as these cars are closely matched.
am drivers then go for the usual suspects if they want, so they can keep up ;)

It's probably time to retire the M3 from GT3 competition seeing Jussi refers to it as a GT2 car. The rest of them are pretty close. I'd highly recommend GT-Am to run the Z4. The Merc is still the fastest straight line but it takes a special person to drive that with poor brakes.

Press Conference
Q: 4 events in are you happy with your season so far?
Very much so I had a target of being 5th after Brno so to be leading the series is a total shock as the car is difficult on most tracks but especially the first 3. Imola it was great but I tested there relentlessly. People have not collected their potential points but we have been there to pounce on any mistakes

Q: Catalunya next this race was wet last season so who will be quick in the dry?
As mentioned the usual guys but that pack continues to grow Liam is a growing threat and Dean with also prehn are on the verge of joining the front pack. As for here the bumps are killing my lap times the car has so much more lap time in it but its impossible to be consistent

Love both for different reasons

Same as the previous races but we will struggle here for sure

technically the vette and aston GTE cars are also GT2. GT2 was remaned GTE in 2010-2011 ish. The BMW is from 09 so it is a legit GT2 just with GT3 tires in game. same with the vette and aston. thats part of the reason why they lack the pace compared to the gt3 field. BMW has even stated that the m6 GTE michelins alone are worth like 1.5 seconds per lap compared to the m6 gt3

Press Conference
Q:
4 events in are you happy with your season so far?

No. Had to miss the first 2 rounds, had to retire from 2 of the 4 races, but the 2 i have finished have been positive, a 5th at Brno when the McLaren really struggled, & a win.

ADOM, GWAH & Ben Probably

Both have their good points.

Have a week where i finish both races would be nice eh?

technically the vette and aston GTE cars are also GT2. GT2 was remaned GTE in 2010-2011 ish. The BMW is from 09 so it is a legit GT2 just with GT3 tires in game. same with the vette and aston. thats part of the reason why they lack the pace compared to the gt3 field. BMW has even stated that the m6 GTE michelins alone are worth like 1.5 seconds per lap compared to the m6 gt3
I thought the m3 was an actual gt2 spec, making it faster on straights, no? unlike the gte's... while the newer aston vantage and c7r are recent models from the newer GTE spec class, meaning less straight line speed due to more drag but better in corners with the aero package. Are the restrictions and specs identical between the renaming from gt2 to gte? the main reason for the m3 being ineligible is because of how much faster it can potentially lap (in a pro driver's hands) than any other in the gt3 class on the majority of tracks. The gt2 spec surely can't be the same in game as gte even if it is on paper IRL because the m3 flies on long straights, right past gte spec cars like it's in another class altogether :rolleyes:
and the gte's can't even make enough time up in corners against it , unless it's a very short flowing track.
I don't know much about gt2 because I wasn't really into racing back then, but I always thought they were faster cars in every way and they slowed them down when switching to gte later on.

I thought the m3 was an actual gt2 spec, making it faster on straights, no? unlike the gte's... while the newer aston vantage and c7r are recent models from the newer GTE spec class, meaning less straight line speed due to more drag but better in corners with the aero package. Are the restrictions and specs identical between the renaming from gt2 to gte? the main reason for the m3 being ineligible is because of how much faster it can potentially lap (in a pro driver's hands) than any other in the gt3 class on the majority of tracks. The gt2 spec surely can't be the same in game as gte even if it is on paper IRL because the m3 flies on long straights, right past gte spec cars like it's in another class altogether :rolleyes:
and the gte's can't even make enough time up in corners against it , unless it's a very short flowing track.
I don't know much about gt2 because I wasn't really into racing back then, but I always thought they were faster cars in every way and they slowed them down when switching to gte later on.
M3 is GT2 spec except tire size. It was reduced to current GT3 regs in one of the first patches in the game, but it still flies in the straights. GTE regs have changed obviously between 2009 and 2014/2015. Cars were allowed to be wider, rear wing lowered down, etc, so the the newer ones have slightly more drag which inhibits raw speed. The new 2016 spec cars are starting to get more to the pace of the older GT2s w/ upgraded aero packages. In game the M3 is just an alien. Its too fast for the GT3 class. We have a whole thread over at the pCARS forum about the GT3 balance in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back