Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I feel we should revisit this thread, now that there's time to test before the season, we should all get skype going and test it out with stability in game. I feel like it'll make connections better because of all the NAT type/ VOIP party chat issues we get when 12 are in the party. I remember in NACRA with skype I'd see mostly green connections!! never see that these days.We're going to be having 16 people full lobbies with this new gt3 DLC so we should work on the communication now rather than later. Everyone hearing each other will be key for the cautions and new rules so maybe we should consider switching soon.
thoughts?

Yeah I would like to do this but it's better if the person hosting the race isn't doing the skype. This will be important if we have the virtual safety car. Would it be easier to communicate through an app on our tablets? BTW I'd like to cap the field at 15 unless we can really get this communication thing squared away. I'd like to hold a test session at Sonoma March 3

Ok sounds good, ideally we need someone with a good connection who's xbox is wired, that also has a laptop on wifi that they can download skype app onto. I know optical managed to host the skype call from his pc as well as the pcars xbox lobby just fine, but I'm not sure about his network details. I'm not wired but I've got a pretty good connection so if it comes down to it I could host the skype call from my laptop while you host the lobby. I think it's easiest if everyone downloads skype on their xbox as an app instead of their phone/tablet (might create problems). It's free so no issues there. Haven't tested it in a while but running it in the background of pcars never caused me any issues in 60 min+ races and as I said, the connection often improved as a result.

Once again thank you for the am championship trophy.
image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back