Podium DD's VS Simucube 2's

Hi guys, the past while I was trying to find good comparisons between these two models of dd's. Has anyone tested both ? I understand that the software for these aren't complete yet but is there any clear winner here ? thanks.

Can I get your thoughts for this steering wheel.
83206327_1518479331685362_512031213456719872_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: klh
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

And let's not forget the USB feature keeps the doors more open wheelbase-wise.
Unfortunately KW (now in charge of Ascher sales) have no idea when they will be able to get the F64-USB back in stock and at least to me it remains to be seen if the new production batch will have the quality standards that Martin stands for.
Does F64 still come with alcantara covered handles?
New F28 now comes with IMO inferior rubberized covers.
1604773556720.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

Anyone thinking of going for a motomec wheel, I have the D shaped 320, and it's a good starter wheel, no flex and it does not feel cheap, just a tad heavy. The SRB BB Ultra Bolted up without any issues.

Just wish they did an open wheel.

J

Upvote 0
Anyone thinking of going for a motomec wheel, I have the D shaped 320, and it's a good starter wheel, no flex and it does not feel cheap, just a tad heavy. The SRB BB Ultra Bolted up without any issues.

Just wish they did an open wheel.

J
if its a open top wheel wheel you mean , you can always cut the top of like i did

Attachments

• DSCN0360 (4).jpg
    DSCN0360 (4).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 231
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Was always wondering, what is the advantage of open wheel, just to clear view?

Upvote 0
I'm thinking of buying and SC2 Pro R1 from SRB. However I see that the R2 has an external antenna connector on the back. I cannot see that on the R1. As I would like to go with a wireless wheel, that might be important?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
these are prices excluding VAT
And? I don't live in the EU, people who do can include VAT. That will be the same regardless of where you buy, no?

Thanks! But is it also external? I cannot find the connector on the back?

All of the R1's SRB has are external antenna right now. The internal antenna stopped being made about 1 year ago.
Source: Got my R1 from SRB about a month ago, had external antenna.

@coco16 that wheel looks incredibly expensive lol.
IMO, my ceiling for wheel price is $750. Anything more expensive than that and honestly I'd just build a spare cockpit using Fanatec.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

Open Wheel is aimed at formula/open wheel cars so you can see the dash/instruments.

There's no way I'm cutting a wheel up to use with a DD Wheel, It's already battered my palms, and pulled a muscle on the top of my collar bone. :)

J

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

@klh, not sure if I saw additional Ultimate filters documented anywhere. Here's the quick snapshot I was able to sneak.
1604867377819.png

Reactions: klh
Upvote 0
Simagic managed an inductive power delivery system to their wheel.

I still believe that is the right way to power a wheel removing batteries, weight and cost from the wheels.

We've had wireless cell phone chargers for quite some time now. This is main stream technology not something esoteric.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Back