Podium DD's VS Simucube 2's

Hi guys, the past while I was trying to find good comparisons between these two models of dd's. Has anyone tested both ? I understand that the software for these aren't complete yet but is there any clear winner here ? thanks.

I think BB Ultra shifter mounting is the same, same as B16. Same options. No included spacers, but expect you could add if needed. I see no advantage there.

I was surprised BB Ultra didn’t come with extra/alternative magnets like the B16 and SRB GT3. Still, can buy magnets easily to change force, but odd not included.

BB Ultra shifters have a bit less throw than Ascher shifters. I prefer the shorter throw. (These are SRB rev 2 shifters I believe.) I think the BB paddles are lighter too compared to B16 (bit smaller plus holes).

I don’t notice more machining marks on BB vs Ascher, at least on outside. In fact, Ascher shifters have more machining marks (fine ribbed texture), both sets of mine show that. Has no effect and have to look very closely to notice.

Ted, how are B16 buttons better? You’ve used both? They seem comparable to me.

Upvote 0
The Cube Controls GT bagels look beautiful. Can I get your ideas in them? Are they not preferred because they are expensive?
Screenshot_4.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

After watching another excellent Barry's video yesterday, it came as a surprise to me of how much better F64-USB is comparing to wireless F28-SC counterpart, which is pretty bare on controls.
Unless we see v2 wireless from Simucube with more inputs and analogue axis support, USB will have clear advantage there.
Surprisingly B16 has the same inputs, wireless or USB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
After watching another excellent Barry's video yesterday, it came as a surprise to me of how much better F64-USB is comparing to wireless F28-SC counterpart, which is pretty bare on controls.
Unless we see v2 wireless from Simucube with more inputs and analogue axis support, USB will have clear advantage there.

And let's not forget the USB feature keeps the doors more open wheelbase-wise.
Unfortunately KW (now in charge of Ascher sales) have no idea when they will be able to get the F64-USB back in stock and at least to me it remains to be seen if the new production batch will have the quality standards that Martin stands for.

Upvote 0
@klh, saw this posted https://virtualracingschool.com/academy/hardware/vrs-directforce-pro-wheel-base-settings/
Take a look at Non-linearity filter, guess this is same as Gamma, Low Force Boost, etc.

Thanks Andrew,

Right, great, thanks!

They seem to lack friction, but at least say it will come later. On the SC2 it seems us "pro" users just won't get the non-linear/lfb/gamma filter ever for non-sense reasons.
Well... I've promised myself to wait a little longer. But this makes the switch or selection by a newcomer a complete no-brainer to me. It's really only the time-sink of selling/ordering/setting up that makes me pause & see...

Upvote 0

I know Fanatec isn’t popular here, but for number of inputs without a USB cable, they’re very strong.
You just have to hope the pins don’t break!

Upvote 0
For those of you still considering an SC2 even with the recent developments, Tommo has a limited deal right now.
https://www.simracingbay.com/product/sc2-pro-limited-offer/

Basically the SC2 Pro with two power supplies has a price drop of €70 compared to the R2, and for €350 on top of that you can get the BB Pro 32 (The older button box/wheel combo that's more like an Ascher B16 for inputs, but with lower quality shifters compared to the Ascher).

To be honest, I see this as you just paying "the price". The SC2 Pro R1 is already €70 cheaper at €1129 and you get a €40 discount if you buy the B16L at the same time which has better shifters. So the comparison is:
SC2 Pro R1 (2x 280W) + B16L SC = €1129 + €429 - €40 = €1518
SC2 Pro R1 (2x 180W) + BB Ultra = €1129 + €399 - €40 = €1522
SC2 Pro R1 Bundle w/ BB Pro 32 = €1479

IMO, either of the first two "normal" bundles are a better deal considering with the B16L you get Ascher shifters and build quality and with the second you get way more inputs.
You have to buy your own steering wheel, sure, but that's easily done if your standards aren't that high. BB Pro comes with Motamec anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Back