Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Started practicing for this event. And having a tough time putting a few laps together. Does anyone have a suggestions on brake bias, perch and ARB at Okayama? I've tried a NTM Baseline setup that Dario Frattini put up here: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1498602.page but might try out the iRacing baseline setup and see if that provides a more stable setup.

Edit: Switched from heel and toe with sequential shifter to auto-clutch with left foot braking and starting to keep it more on track. Also tried the iRacing baseline setup with better results.

Was messing around with setup suggestions that Dario and Eric mentioned. And think I found something that I could work with and keep the car on track. Went with 59 BB, 4 Perch and 4 ARB. And was finally able to get into the hi 1:47s with race fuel. Just looking to keep her on track for this race. Good thing we still have about a month to go before the RD Skip Barber league starts up. :)

What a fun race today guys. Really struggled the past days trying to adjust to the handling of the Skip and just keep her on track. Was able to get some consistent laps in practice. The lap I ran in quali, have no clue where that came from. :)

Great battle and clean driving between Dario and myself for the entire race. Too bad that William dropped out too soon as well. Appreciate the "tips" guys. :)

Thanks to Kevin and RD. Good to see some new guys on track that will be joining us for the upcoming Leagues and Club Events.

It was a successful race in that I managed to keep in on the track w/no spins (a couple of close calls, saved by the NTM) and I finished on the lead lap, less than half a lap back (yes, I know it was a short race - shhhh). It looks like Bill was at my pace, and Kevin just a tad faster, but each had some issues that let me get a gap and maintain it.
Nice practice for the series. Hoping to be more mid-pack and less lapped traffic.

Now, to work on that Longshot skin...

Poor performance, I didn't have a lot of practice before tonight and it showed, got off to a good start, got past Eric after he made a small mistake but then a series of mistakes finally ended my race, enjoyed it though, the Skip Barber is enough to tame most drivers :)

Took Yoeri's setup to .1 in qual trim. I was using another version of Ryans S2 setup, still trying to use bars, but not really gaining much from it, except some adjustment room at the end of a fuel run when the RF is down to about 65%. This at the cost of about .05s/lap. Not sure yet....

Given cautions, may be able to make it on one fuel stop, but it will be close - you can run about 55-56 laps on a tank, and the race should be around 112 laps if green all the way. Keeping a single stop in that little band probably will not work out.

Unfortunately I am a maybe for this event now. Grandma's birthday today and thought we were celebrating tomorrow night with the family instead of today.

With only 3 drivers signed up, do you guys want me to open up the server to fill up the grid? Let me know what you guys think and I'll make sure you guys are all set for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back