Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Well, I was having a fine old time chasing Will and Neil around and we were all keeping pretty close order with just a couple of seconds between the 3 of us. Then just around midway through the race as I was braking in to Becketts, for the first time ever since I've been a member, my PC decided it wanted to shutdown the iRacing service (it claimed it had encountered a problem with iRacing), so I basically crashed to my desktop and my race was done.

Hope the other few who turned out managed to finish and had a good time.

I managed to run in a couple of practice sessions later on, so all seems well again with iRacing and the PC.

;-)

That was a tough one Daz, you sure kept me honest. I wasn't having the best day so I applaud your patience and clean racing. I couldn't keep up with Will, and then he signed off, so it would have been an interesting finish. Maybe next time. Good fun tho'. See you then....

RDUSA-1.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IndyCar
Class: Dallara IndyCar
Track: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full
Laps: 35 laps
Fast Tows: Unlimited
Qualification: 1 outlap, 2 consecutive hotlaps 10 mins lone qualifier

Practice start time: 8:45 EDT
Qualification start time: 9:15pm EDT
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]347[/signuplist]
Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

Thanks guys for the info. Not getting through to able to race. Keep getting message stating "updates are needed". I've added the programs they list to my firewall i.e. Windows firewall. I have a Belkin router with a firewall in it. There was a default setting for "IRC" which opened certain ports. Is Iracing also know as IRC (Iracing.com)?

I haven't been able to install anything. I click the upgrades needed button, it opens another window, I hit submit and the file download window opens. It says 'complete' with a 0 % then it ends. When I go back to the console it still says "upgrades needed". I'm at work I'll be home in 2 hours. Will try it again.

IRC DOH :confused:

Got it working, thanks to all you advised. I did a few things, uninstalled/installed (run as administrator) iRacing, Shut off my virus protection (Trend). Next time I'll try one at a time to further isolate exactly what was stopping me.

I'll be watching for events.

Here are the setups that I've tried out for this event. Both seem stable to me in both quali and race trim.

Haven't had much practice for this one either. Still need to figure out how much fuel we'll need for the race.

Attachments

• PS_IC_Mid_Ohio_Q.sto
    1.8 KB · Views: 229
  • PS_IC_Mid_Ohio_R.sto
    1.8 KB · Views: 200
RDiR_Skip_Barber_Okayama.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDiR Skip Barber Event
Class: Skip Barber
Track: Okayama International Circuit
Laps: 15
Fast Tows: 1
Qualification: 1 outlap, 2 consecutive hotlaps / Open, 15 mins

Practice start time: 17:30 GMT (BST +1)/ 1:30pm EST / 10:30am PST
Qualification start time: 18:30 GMT (BST +1) / 2:30 pm EST / 11:30 pm PST
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]353[/signuplist]

Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

Hehe. Yeah had posted that it was going to be 45 mins with the laps to be posted. And 35 laps here is close to that time for this event. Raced only once a road course with the IndyCar at Watkins so this one should be interesting. Server up in 10 mins. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back