Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Great battle with William after he shot out of the gates right at the start. First 15+ laps we were bumper to bumper and side to side for some corners. Couldn't find a way past but tried to keep the pressure on him. He went a bit wide at T2 and was able to take the inside as we were drag racing down the straight. Slowly built a gap but as the tires started to go it began a handful to handle. One spin and a drive thru the T2 gravel traps and the gap from William to myself started to dwindle pretty fast. But was able to bring her home for the win. Thanks to all those who showed up tonight.

First time driving this car on a road course let alone taking her out on track since the RD Indy 500. Really a fun car to drive and can provide some good battles.

Possible track combo with the IndyCar for next Wednesday to be posted soon. Sorry again for not getting this thread up sooner to allow for more testing and practice.

Good race. Small T1 incident when Joe lost the back end, but car was ok. Had one off later that let Joe get his spot back, but that was it. Finished on the lead lap only about 1/2 lap down. I'll take it.

Did a little practice at Charlotte afterward. You may want to take a run at it before you put it on the schedule. The transition off of 4 is a little tricky and may put all the cars in the same spot at turn exit. Then again, it was fun.

Looking at the content spreadsheet, most of the ovals are around 50% ownership (as you would expect here). If it weren't for that, I would suggest Michigan (flat-out fun) or Texas.

iRacing_RD.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Skippy
Class: Skip Barber
Track: Silverstone (GrandPrix)
Laps: 60 Mins
Fast Tows: Unlimited
Qualification: Open, 15 mins

Practice start time: 19:00GMT
Qualification start time: 19:40GMT
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]354[/signuplist]

Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

Ran it last night with Trend running w/o issues. One other thing that's worth noting for anyone else who may have the same issues and searching. After I did the initial install, it left 2 programs in my Startup, Iracing Console Start and Iracing Service start. Well before I ran the program I was hitting the service start program then running the console program. After I did the install I checked services and it was already running. Maybe that was causing the problems with the D/L's? Not going to try that again although. :letsgoracing:

RDUSA.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IndyCar
Class: Dallar IndyCar
Track: Texas Motor Speedway - Oval
Laps: 45 mins
Fast Tows: Unlimited
Qualification: 1 outlap, 2 consecutive hotlaps; 5 mins lone qualifier
Rolling Start
Full Course Cautions

Practice start time: 8:45pm EDT
Qualification start time: 9:15pm EDT
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]355[/signuplist]
Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

For this track with my set I'm using -1 WJ for the first couple of laps until the tires come in, then 0. Haven't done a full run, but I doubt I'll need to touch it again. I'm running a rear bar but not a front right now. I really want to bring in a front bar so I can to build in some adjustability (I prefer adjusting front), but this track may end up not needing it as the car turns itself pretty well.

As for the WJ. I usually run -1 untill the tyres get in shape (just a couple of laps). Then I run 0. In the slipstream I tend to want to move +1. The trick is to get the car to feel comfortable as you steer into the corners, because in the slipstream you don't want to have to force it low. It must go there as smoothly as possible.

Ryan Norton's setups are awesome. I adjusted it very little to get .9 in Q. In a slipsteam it's capable of running .8's, but no lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back