Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

attachment.php

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MX5
Class: MX5 Cup / Roadster
Track: Silverstone International
Laps: 27
Fast Tows: Unlimited
Qualification: 1 outlap, 2 consecutive hotlaps. 10 mins lone qualifier

Practice start time: 17:30 GMT (BST +1)/ 1:30pm EST / 10:30am PST
Registration End / Qualification start time: 18:30 GMT (BST +1) / 2:30 pm EST / 11:30 pm PST
***Please be in the server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]330[/signuplist]
Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

I can;t deal with this guys sorry. Just not enjoying myself trying to hang on to the car lap after lap.

I'll keep an eye out for something more tame in the future but for now I am not driving the big bore cars on a small track with no testing time.

Yeah, this was a workout for sure. Ended up taking a fast tow in the final lap when I backed it into the fence and couldn't get out. Had a couple of loops prior to that but nothing serious.

I think we're off the GT cars for the next week at least Eric. Sunday is MX-5's and I think Will is going to put up a Skippy race for next Wednesday.

You know I was thinking the same thing Daz about the NTM. The MX-5 has always been my favorite car in iRacing, there something about it. At least for me. :) Not sure if we are going to get the NTM before the season starts (just my opinion) but only iRacing knows on when they'll be releasing more cars with the NTM. I can't wait to try it out on the MX-5 that's for sure.

Hello,

I just signed up for IRacing's 2 month trial period last night. Actually it's 3 you pay for one. Suppose to be simple to use? Anyone have an IRacing for Dummy's link?

I'd be very interested in a MX-5 series as I am also interested in the spec series in real life.

Mark

The other thing I noticed and maybe it's just me, but it seems there is less sensation of speed with the GT. I had trouble gauging my speeds during heavy braking in the 1st and last turns.
Congrats Joe and Will. Some good racing with Gerry for awhile and William. Really had to practice patience with this car. I looped it twice and went off road once so was very happy to finish on the same lap as those two speedsters - Will and Joe.

The other thing I noticed and maybe it's just me, but it seems there is less sensation of speed with the GT. I had trouble gauging my speeds during heavy braking in the 1st and last turns.
Congrats Joe and Will. Some good racing with Gerry for awhile and William. Really had to practice patience with this car. I looped it twice and went off road once so was very happy to finish on the same lap as those two speedsters - Will and Joe.

I think you may be on to something there Glenn... I had to change my FoV to run the GT and I'm wondering if what you say might have something to do with it. I never really thought about it before until I read your post.

Hello,

Suppose to be simple to use? Anyone have an IRacing for Dummy's link?

What are you wishing to learn? There are a ton of articles here at RD and on the iRacing racing screen as well. They are just a bit harder to find in iRacing if you don't know where to look. One thing I do recommend is forgetting everything you learned from any other game about driving and practice practice practice...lol... Also take the time to watch the iRacing driving school video series even though you might know alot of it there is still some pretty good stuff in there. You also get a little award for doing it...haha

Here you go Mark. Check this thread out: http://www.racedepartment.com/iracing/61894-iracing-getting-started-guide-user-guide-setup-guides-etc.html

Lots of good information there to help you get started :)

Thanks to Jack B for posting this up as well.

Hello,

I just signed up for IRacing's 2 month trial period last night. Actually it's 3 you pay for one. Suppose to be simple to use? Anyone have an IRacing for Dummy's link?

I'd be very interested in a MX-5 series as I am also interested in the spec series in real life.

Mark

I found myself looking down at the speedometer a couple of times to make sure I wasn't carrying to much speed into those turns. Of course, that resulted in one of my spins in T1.
On the other hand, I was really enjoying going through the corkscrew in this car. Really had me wishing I can experience it in RL.

Yes, it's big and heavy and really does change my sensation of speed. Feels so slow going around the track, but then I look down and I'm doing 170 at the end of the back straight at the Glen! Feels kind of like driving Joe's Towncar around the track. She feels very slow right up until you start to brake, as Eric says, and then she feels like she has speed you're never going to get rid of! I guess what they taught me in Physics class about mass was right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back