Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

indyroad.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Mixed HPD ARX-01c, Ford GT, and Corvette CR6
Track: Indy Road
Laps: 90 minutes
Fast Tows: Unlimited
Qualification: Open, 30 minutes, 15 minutes GT/C6R only, 15 minutes for LMP only.
Drivers: 44 slots

Practice start time: 16:30 GMT (BST +1)/ 12:30pm EDT / 9:30am PDT
Qualification start time: 17:30 GMT (BST +1) / 1:30 pm EDT / 10:30 pm PDT
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

Server password: Open Server
Racing rules: click here

***We will be holding an open server event for all of our Licensed and Non-Licensed members to encourage them to join us for future licensed member only events. Please click the link above for racing rules and please adhere to them.***

During the race please be repectful to all drivers. Fast, slow, new, or old does not matter. Rude or snide remarks directed at any driver will not be tolerated!

LOL, no way... Not driving this car again until the Tire Model is fixed.. :p

Granted there are a few bugs with the NTM however it's not as bad as people are saying. You just cannot drive it like you do in other games. You must drive this like you would a real car IMO. Sliding will only cause more and more problems and will bite you on the next turn after sliding it. The key to this car is slow down, get your braking, and downshifting done before the corner. If you must use the brakes during the corner be sure to have more throtle than brake. That will prevent sliding and slow you down.

Also something that I have been thinking about and I have talked to Will about this. I think that people are not taking into consideration of "which" tire we are on here. My example would be the F1 in real life has the Wet, Inters, Prime, Soft, and Super Soft. I think the NTM would be closest to the hard "prime" tire which does not have as much grip as the soft/optional. Yes it lasts longer but can be unforgiving if you mess it up. Just my thoughts anyway.

I'm just saying, It's a very difficult car to drive currently, especially on tracks like Suzuka and Laguna.

The NTM is decent on the Skippy, although there are still issues related to temps there too. But at least that car is drivable.

My personal preference of course , but at the moment I choose to avoid the NTM on the Ford and Honda until some sort of update is released, then I'll try them again.

Laguna Seca...........harder than Suzuka by miles. I'll test prior but if its anything like I suspect I'll withdraw. It's club racing guys. Easy and fun is the norm for club. If you want hardcore, you usually form a league.........

PErsonally I;d rather race 3 sprints in something we can thrash a bit and stay close than spread out over a huge track and gap race for an hour.

Just my $.02 but I am not staff any longer so it's more like my $.015:tongue:

trucks_daytona_1.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Trucks
Track: Daytona (Oval)
Laps: 60
Fast Tows: 1
Full Course Cautions: On
Start Type: Rolling
Qualification: 1 outlap, 2 consecutive hotlaps

Practice start time: 17:30 GMT (BST +1)/ 1:30pm EST / 10:30am PST
Qualification start time:18:30 GMT (BST +1) / 2:30 pm EST / 11:30 pm PST
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]320[/signuplist]

Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

The reasoning behind running the Ford GT (also thought about running another Mixed Class with the Acura) at Laguna Seca, is to give another event for guys to get use to the NTM. Plus with around 9 or so drivers that have signed up for the past US events. Decided to go with a single class car for this one.

In my opinion, I think Suzuka is a bit tougher track than Laguna Seca. Both are tough tracks and definitely have their own technical corners. But wanted to use a base content track with a NTM road car that we've used already for this week. Just started with the baseline setup to get a feel of the track with the Ford GT and it flows quite nicely imo, when you start to put in a few laps. When the rest of the road cars get the NTM we'll eventually have to get use to it sooner or later :)

Will et al,

I need something a little more friendly given the lack of time to adjust to IR and the old habits of RACE. The cars driver very very real and thats a good thing. Most of IR I absolutely love and it is worth the $ asked no question.

BUt the big cars are not easy to drive at first and I am just miles off the curve right now. While you seem happy with 9 cars in the field I have to ask wouldn't a 20 car grid in an easier car be better?

I know you guys have significant seat time in this game and see it as a step back to run a rookie car but you should consider it for an alternative evnt on say MOnday night?

I re3call some of the most epic racing I have ever experienced was in the MINI Challenge of RACE 07...........

BUt please note, I have not withdrawn yet. Mostly because I have yet to knockdown the tire wall off the corkscrew braking zone. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back