Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

PM'ed Morten already yesterday about our little kiss on the long straight :) Gosh I am so sorry m8 I ruined your race. I was in a nice battle with Yoeri who was also driving the Ford GT. During exiting the Eau Rouge I got a phone call I had to pick up so I wanted to escape but ofcourse there is this stupid rule you have to slow your car down first. Without watching I wanted to park my car and get out and the moment I made the decision there was this huge impact. Totally overlooked Morten coming with high speed behind me :(

Oh well, this is not my normal way of driving :) Better luck next time :)

just got my whole ATT system restored after a lightning strike that nuked some incoming wires.............should be on track shortly..............and then off track.............then back on again......then prolly off again........and...........:D

Kinda lonely after Jim dropped out. Ryan caught up to lap and I thought I'd try and give him a minor battle to get by me, but got overzealous and spun it coming out of the spoon. Overall a decent run, though. Set a pb in the car during the race.

Based on what I've experienced and read, I double-stinted the tires - my fastest laps were about 3 or 4 laps after the pit. The car felt loose at T2 and the spoon around lap 24 (9 laps after pit), but worst wear at the end was 96%

From the day the Ford GT was released. Definitely had a hard time adjusting to driving it. Sliding this car or braking late and locking them up heading into the corners meant that she was gonna spin on you or head into the wall. So had to look at my driving technique and be much smoother. Getting all my braking and downshifting before the corners and nailing the apex and accelerating out of the corners was where I started to gain most of my time. Of course learning a new, not to mention tough technical track like Suzuka makes that much more difficult.

But nailed my PB in quali with a 2:03.8xx. And also PB with race fuel of 2:04.6 which I was definitely pleased with. Having to look after the tires from the get go especially for a 50 minute race is key with the NTM and the GT. I knew Joe was faster than me in certain sectors and he started to build a couple second gap. A spin at Dunlop by Joe and was able to take the lead. After a few laps he was right on my bumper heading out of final corner but spun and was able to build a gap. Coming into the pits I pushed my pit limiter button but it wasn't working and darn near thought I got a stop and go. From there with just a few laps to go just ran consistent laps but could see that Joe was pushing big time to close the gap. And was able to bring her home for the win! :)

Hope I didn't slow you down too much Ryan seems like everytime you came around we met at the same corner for you to overtake me lol.

Good to see some new drivers on the track and see some familiar faces again. See you guys at the next Wednesday club event, which will be posted soon! :)

RDUSA-1.png

RDLagunaSeca.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GT
Class: Ford GT
Track: Laguna Seca
Laps: 45 mins
Fast Tows: Unlimited
Qualification: 1 outlap, 1 hotlap / 5 mins

Practice start time: 8:45pm EDT
Qualification start time: 9:15pm EDT
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

To make it clear we are using the Ford GT for this event only. Please disregard the signup list info below.

[signuplist]318[/signuplist]
Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back