Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Thanks Will for hosting this,"'bizar"'event and my head is off to you sir for winning. I have never done a night race before,or a endurance race and I must say that I loved every minute off it,you have to be so concentrated!! before you can say cheese you are in trouble (I was a couple off times and I did not even say cheese,lol).
I really hoop that RD will organize this once more in the future,and to the people how mist it,don t mis out the next time this stuff is epic

Onno

What a race this was tonight! Ended up on pole and first time following the pace car so was super nervous. The lights and reflections from the car behind coming thru my car was simply amazing! Had a good start and built up a decent gap. On lap 8, I got a little too close to the wall at T1 and grazed it. Steering wheel was turned slightly to the left the entire race. Which made the last turn with all the bumps really tough to negotiate. But knew I had to keep pushing with Abdul slowly tracking me down. After the pits he was right on me and surging forward to make a pass, when in my mirrors I saw a dark grey smoke coming from his car. Unlucky mate, it was gonna be a battle just trying to hold you off the latter part of the race. Missed my brake point with just a few laps left and went into the wall. Was still able to run decent times to bring the car home for the race win!

Thanks to all who showed up! We will definitely have to do another one of these soon! Time to grab a few beers and take the flight over the Atlantic for the RD Star Mazda Series at Brands Hatch tomorrow! Simply EPIC guys!

Well, WIll, nice job after hitting the wall... Abdul, you were about last on the first lap were you not? Wicked drive mate!
That was SO much fun. lets just go back there every month eh? We know the track now, so can only get better dont you think?
Could be a mid week special?
Had only done a handfull of laps in the DP around Sebring in the day, with a few more in something else in the dark.
Dropped it on turn 4 lap one and was chasing from then on. Typical,
'Your ambition exceeded your tallent', as Stoner said to Rossi ...(!!!)
Passed a few people in the gravel or wall, which is always nice, its usualy me that getts passed in the weeds. lol
Was shaping up for a nice battle with Daz as I was on his tail for a couple of laps before we both pitted together. Hit the limiter, stopped in the box, got tyres and enough gas to do this race and the next one...again...groan. Still, you never know how many laps your gonna do eh? Checked the tyres on the way out and were at 87% so could have gone further maybe...
Anyway, off me and Daz went, into that ever tricky first lap with cold boots and a heavy car, and you can tell when its fat with fuel cant ya? I could, and I could see that Daz could too, 'Bobbeling' on a few corners before he lost it and 'wag wag, in the wall' was his plight at the last right hander before the fast bit before the last strait, whatever turn that is....
I giggled and carried on, in the dark... Checked the black box and to my surprise I was 3rd...Will and Abdul came by me AGAIN, dudes you were fast! (probably nothing that another 500 laps wont fix eh?:rolleyes:) So carried on.
Ingemar was just behind after not too long challenging for 3rd... He's got to get by me so keep it cool George.... right. Then after a few laps he was gone... must have dropped it... Then Abdul came by, dropped it, I went by, Abdul came by, dropped it I went by.... tyres getting past their best mate?
Anyway, made it to the end with about 7 seconds to spare from Ingemar. First RD podium, First night race.
Had a Rubbish Time! :tongue:Lets not do anymore...:redface:
George
Nice shots Will.

Thx for an awsome nightrace :) Was doing well from the back had some luck with people spinning of in the begining made my way up to 3place then my concentration went off for a split sec and i spunn off had to pit and there goes George :) .tried to hunt him down but spunn again :) so i had to settle for 4 place :) . A big thx for hosting this .
Cheers Ingemar

*** EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT ***

We'll be hosting two official practice sessions for the Indy 500 race on Wednesday. We will cover both EU annd US timezones with two 4 hour practice sessions. The EU practice session will start at 18:00 GMT through till 22:00 GMT and the US practice session at 16:00 PST through till 20:00 PST.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible forr these valuable practice sessions together before the event this Sunday.

EU Practice server booked as:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM INDY 500 OFFICIAL PRACTICE​

hi guys
im extremly excited for this event! i have 2 questions,1 i am not running a custom skin but some are,will there be a skin pack download? 2 are we using the standard qualify or the 4 lap average? see you in the practice server!

itchy right foot james!

Yes Jim, I will compile the skinpack and post a link here prior to race day for everyone to download. And as for quali, its 1 outlap and then 2 consecutive hotlaps. I'm getting excited as well. Looking forward to the practice sessions tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back