Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Was unaware of the practice sessions (hiding in this thread :) ), but by coincidence I found you all driving online. Problem was, i had a visitor at home. Could only drive the last 15+ mins or so :)
Will be difficult for me this Sunday if I make it in time. So far 4 laps without crashing was the max... :)

Did a coupleof full tank runs and i am a bit into mids about what to run Sunday. Got a really steady set but its about 4 tenths of the pace but it wil go for ever, never pushes very comfortable trough 1 & 2 etc etc. Or to go with a 40 flat race set but that gets pushy after a lap or 10, and becomes hard work after..... choices choices

Use full session, any one else notices differences between online vs of line practice? My offline set was rubbish lastnight really strange....

Looking forward to the Race

Yeah I did some quali runs tonight. But did get some race stints in as well. Most likely gonna go with the setup that you posted Lars as for me it was consistent and stable, something that I'll need for 200 laps. First oval race for me, so still thinking about race strategy for this one.

Yeah I did some quali runs tonight. But did get some race stints in as well. Most likely gonna go with the setup that you posted Lars as for me it was consistent and stable, something that I'll need for 200 laps. First oval race for me, so still thinking about race strategy for this one.

Thats what i refere about, i downloaded it again from the setup forum as i messed mine up, but never got it to go as i did last week.
Maybe i was just tired or something. But that set psuhed me up the wall after a lap or 10 in turn 1. Really do not understand why... iam baffeled :), luckaly I have a few days left to sort the car + team. Heck i am just gonna lay them all off :)

I Have already competed in a live broadcast indy 500 and what people need to remember is that the race cannot be won early, there will be lots of yellow flags which brings all the cars back together again, this could be a 3 hour race and the winner is normally the racer who keeps it clean manges his pit stops well, as most experienced oval races do not push at indy until the last 50 laps. 200 laps will probally have 6-7 pit stops, so getting in and out of the pits need practicing, as you may be having a great race and then lose it coming into the pits to fast from turn 3, catch the grass spins back onto the track and wipes out a heap load of cars making you mister popular, its a great race to be part of, and not just turning left. getting into drafts with a group helps pull gaps from the people behind, and also catching people in front, so working together helps too, but driving at 235 mph 2 feet behind a car keeps you focused. making adjustments to your car as your fuel drops may help the feel of your car(normally the weight jacker), but putting in laps in practice will get you the feel of your car, Tyres do wear if your setup is not quite right so beware after 20-25 laps you may start to drift into the walls if not careful, especially turn 1. if you come into this race cold you probably wont last long and also ruin others race, i love road racing but ovals are great fun, and not as easy as people think, Have fun everyone its a great race.

Thats what i refere about, i downloaded it again from the setup forum as i messed mine up, but never got it to go as i did last week.
Maybe i was just tired or something. But that set psuhed me up the wall after a lap or 10 in turn 1. Really do not understand why... iam baffeled :), luckaly I have a few days left to sort the car + team. Heck i am just gonna lay them all off :)
Lars i had that the other day racing the Star Mazda at Seebring had a great setup did some practice then entered a race and the car felt totally different, and it took 3-4 laps with me adjusting the brake balance to get it nearer how it was in the practice session, really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back