Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

yer me to but its been ahwile but i remember only 13 cars or so finished from the 40 that started.
Thats why i am considering to take a bit slower set, tested it last night and i had one set that was starting with 40,4 and dropped to 40 flat at the end of the run, but trough out the run went trought 1 & 2 very nicely. That setup i easily finished a tank of fuel while with my little faster sets its getting a bit tight and i dont think thats going to be very nice in traffic. 4 days to go might need some more online testing as ofline seems to give me different grip levels at Indy.

I Have already competed in a live broadcast indy 500 and what people need to remember is that the race cannot be won early, there will be lots of yellow flags which brings all the cars back together again, this could be a 3 hour race and the winner is normally the racer who keeps it clean manges his pit stops well, as most experienced oval races do not push at indy until the last 50 laps. 200 laps will probally have 6-7 pit stops, so getting in and out of the pits need practicing, as you may be having a great race and then lose it coming into the pits to fast from turn 3, catch the grass spins back onto the track and wipes out a heap load of cars making you mister popular, its a great race to be part of, and not just turning left. getting into drafts with a group helps pull gaps from the people behind, and also catching people in front, so working together helps too, but driving at 235 mph 2 feet behind a car keeps you focused. making adjustments to your car as your fuel drops may help the feel of your car(normally the weight jacker), but putting in laps in practice will get you the feel of your car, Tyres do wear if your setup is not quite right so beware after 20-25 laps you may start to drift into the walls if not careful, especially turn 1. if you come into this race cold you probably wont last long and also ruin others race, i love road racing but ovals are great fun, and not as easy as people think, Have fun everyone its a great race.

HAPPY HOUR

Private Hosted Session - RaceDepartment Indy Happy Hour
(Presented by Longshot Racing)

Saturday, 21 May 2010 11:30-17:30 GMT (6 Hours)

[07:30-13:30 EDT-US/04:30-10:30 PDT-US/21:30-03:30 EST-AUS]

Normal Club Password

When Longshot Racing IndyCar skins are done, if you wouldn't mind posting a link for them for everyone to download here. That would be great.

Edit: Had set a deadline for Friday 11pm PST, but I can add your skins and make a revised skinpack for race day. :)

Happy hour has begun. 2 brave drivers took to the 'green' track in the first half hour, both posting respectable sub-40s times. We don't expect much activity over the next hour or so while those in the paddock are paying attention to F1 qualifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back