Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

The race setup that Lars posted in the setup thread is really good. With 10 Gal could run 40.3's all day in my sleep.

The qually setup, however, is demonic. I could run 40.02 with room, but stringing 4 laps together was nigh impossible. The only way I could do it was weight jack +1 for Turns 1 & 2, and 0 or -1 for turns 3 & 4 every lap. (T2 actually worked best with a 0, if you cared to change it in the short-chute. I think I tore up 20 cars exiting T1.

First off thanks again to James for hosting this practice session. Practice with James, Eric and Glenn tonight. And never knew that oval racing could be this fun. The setup that Lars posted is stable with my PB running by myself was a 40flat. Running with the draft for the first time was interesting. Everything felt like it was happening at warp speed. This'll be my first iRacing oval race and already looking forward to this event. Hopefully more will join us for the next practice session.

Also, saw this the other day in the iRacing forums. It's the Jimmy Johnson spotter pack. For those that would like to try it out here's the link, it's the newest version v5.02 http://www.dwarehouse.com/.

After installing, under the Sound tab in game, select the spotter pack, exit the sim and re-enter. Was testing it out tonight in practice and felt a bit more immersive than the default one at least for Ovals imo.

Thanks, Jim, for hosting. I learned a lot having other cars on track at same time. It's much different than tooling around by yourself out there. It's going to be all about staying off the wall and getting on and off pit lane efficiently. A word of advice: practice, practice, practice. (ok, 3 words. :) )

***ALL DRIVERS PLEASE READ***

This information will be reposted in the first post in this thread.

Welcome to the RaceDepartment RDiR Indy 500. This is a 200 lap, 500 mile race and as so approach it as a marathon rather than a sprint. We ask drivers at the start of each race to be mindful that a race is not won at the first corner but can often be lost there. This is even more relevant for the Indy 500 where drivers have gone on to win both the real and virtual events even though they may have been a lap or more down in the first phase of the race. Take your time and drive smart and make sure you're there at the end to challenge for the win - there will be no restarts!

Full course cautions are in place for this event with double file restarts, lapped cars at the back. To ensure we have a trouble free event we're asking all drivers to use the pit entry and exit on the back straight so you will exit the pits after turn two, onto the back straight and enter the pits before turn 3 from the back straight. We are doing this to avoid fast cars falling over slower cars entering or leaving the pits.

We will be using the built in voice comms during the event. During free practice voice comms can be used freely. During qualifying please respect your other drivers and remain silent until qualifying is over. As the grid fills up for the race a member of the RD iRacing staff will brief the drivers. During the race please keep voice communication to an absolute minimum. Drivers will be expected to only use voice comms for communications such as warning other drivers if you are moving slowly back to the pit area with a damaged car, informing a car lapping you which side to pass or to make a brief 'sorry' for any contact made.

Please be aware it is the responsibility of the car putting another a lap down to make a clean pass, it is not the responsibility of the car being lapped to move out of the way or slow down. The 'F3' black box is an invaluable information display to help you understand who is a lap up, a lap down or on the same lap as you.

Help us make this a successful event, race hard, race fair but above all enjoy the race! Good luck everyone!

what you mean that I need to change stuff whilst I'm driving!!

I found it necessary, every lap with some qually setups. For a full fuel run, I think you'll find it more 'comfortable' to change the FRB every 8 or 12 laps as the fuel burns off. If you're running a very stable/higher DF setup, this may not be needed.

This is where a button box with a couple of rotaries would come in handy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back