Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

I will be confident that I will be starting the race (99.9%) but not sure whether I will see the finish (even if the car stays drive-able, lol).

Been troubled over recent years with bouts of mild sciatica, and towards the end of this week it's been rearing its head due to prolonged periods sat at my desk at work. This is main reason I have done no testing at Sebring and barely any at Brands. Ran a few laps last night in the MX-5 @ Okayama, but felt a little sore after I'd finished, so the prospect of 72 minutes on my arse navigating my way around Sebring in the dark, may prove a bridge too far.

I'm playing golf tomorrow, so hopefully will feel fit to start and then see how we go. Also committing myself to the Mazda race on Sunday, but will post if things change.

:wink:

I've put together a 'quick' WIP skin for the car (but may miss the skin pack cut off, but no biggie). This may get changed down the line, but thought I'd try and run with one, for as many laps as I get through.

http://www.tradingpaints.com/view/38067

image_car.php

I think I'm going to have to cancel. Hate to. Raced with the club this Wednesday and loved the track at night! I'm even starting to get a feel for this car, and was staying with the front guys for the first half dozen laps or so (until a few inevitable bobbles put me behind). But it's the first good weekend all year where I live. Crazy weather this spring. Wind without end. So, there's a couple of fly-ins on Saturday and my son and I are going to try to make them. He's been champing at the bit to get back up into the air all year.

I LOVE the idea of endurance races though, so I'll certainly be ready for any others.

All drivers please read:

This will be also be posted in the first post of the race thread.

Before the race tomorrow, everyone please download the RDiR Riley DP skinpack.
www.catalinasgrace.com/mystuff/rd/RDiR_1_2hrSebring_skinpack.rar
Place the TGA files in My Documents/iRacing/paint/cars/rileydp folder.

Also, we are using RD driver preferred numbers for this race. Before entering the race server, please make sure that your driver number does not conflict with anyone's which is on the first post here. http://www.racedepartment.com/iracing-club/54424-rdir-1-2-hours-sebring-may-14th-2011-a.html Please double check beforehand.

This being a 1.2 hr mini endurance event. Please let's show some caution early on and get thru the first lap cleanly. A race like this is not won in the first few corners as we all know by now. Other than that, have fun and enjoy the race. :)

Oh shoot, I thought we would start on the regular racing club start time. I am too late! So sorry Will :(
Bram,
Practice is still running and then we have qauli in around 35 minutes (from the time I'm posting this) which will be 20:30 BST (UK). Then the race will start after quali is completed.
I'm only just heading in to the server now, as only just finished the evening meal.

Well, apart from my aching body.... that was one of the all time great experiences of sim racing for me. I ain't no whizz in the car (hardly driven it if I'm honest), but enjoyed the night race immensely and could certainly grow to like the Riley DP.

Never realised Sebring had so many subtle bumps in the road. One bonus of laser scanned tracks I guess.

If iRacing ever get a working day/night transition lighting model, that will just top the lot for me, as the night racing is certainly something.

One thing is for sure..... it was dark out there, lol

SebringNight.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back