Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Yeah, there is no way a car could run that fast there.. after watching the AI unless they have a Grip Cheat.
BTW make sure you select one of the Liveries that are available. As in NASCAR the more stickers the better!!!:thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
Well, may have to set the A.I. to hard then and just hope they blow by us instead of hand by us and put us in the wall. BTW, this is a night race.

I guess we will go 1/2 points for each race since it would not be quite fair to the others to count 4 races. But that should still give us some major juice.

Results and Standings After Hazyview

Sprint Race + First Race:
1. Michael - 25
2. Robert - 18
3. Peter - 15

Feature Races 1 & 2:
1. Michael - 21.5
2. Robert - 20
3. Peter - 16.5

Points To Date:
1. Peter - 124.5
2. Michael - 107.5
3. Robert - 105
4. Railer - 91
5. Karl - 76
6. Matthew - 50
7. Chris - 28
8. Vince - 16

Only just got around to checking back here.. thought I might have found some report from Saturdays races. Well, from my point of view they were an intersting introduction to short track racing of this type. We had all expected to run the short Time Attack followed by a nice long 99 lap race but that was thwarted by the games restriction to 25 laps online.. seems SMS and CM have the same dumbass ideas at times lol

Anyway, the AI were a bit of a mare at times and I was spun up into the wall several times and left facing the wrong way with the ineveitable result of then getting banged around endlessly like a tin can in an alley shoot. That made a mess of the TA and the start of one of the races putting me a lap down before I had even got going lol. At other times they were ok and I could run reasonably but as soon as you left a gap that was it.. curtains, they put you in the wall. I learned quite a lot during the time we were running and hopefully we'll run here again at some point so I can put that to good use. I'll run some AI races in the meantime to fhone those shorttrack skills ;)

Well done Robert on the first race victory to keep Michael from the clean sweep ;) Apologies if I baulked you in that final race Michael.. When you got past and I saw a chance to undercut you straight away I went for it and maybe that was a bit overambitious and my mic problem meant my warning was probably too late.

Got to put some setup work in for these sprint type races though as mine was ready for the long haul but not up to speed for the short dash. I can see the appeal of the short format race but prefer the longer more tactical approach to racing where my tortoise and hare approach brings greater dividends ;).

EDIT. OK I se Robert has posted while I was typing this lol.. Nice one Ronbert :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
Well that's incentive to stick with the series, I suppose although I swear this game is out to get me! Was nice to get a win. I didn't mind losing to Robert as I ran my fastest lap chasing him down 13.947. It was hella fun, wish we could have had more drivers. Peter, I'm going to work with you on these ovals. The AI was a bit of a bastard at times. My over aggressiveness with one of the AI lap cars left me turned the wrong way and Robert got by me. I can only blame myself for that one! We may have to revisit this one for Fun sometime with more people!

I had asked where the start was going to be called and never heard. As it turns out it happened coming out from under the bridge. I noticed some cars don't like to get in tight and there was about a 6 second span from when the leader took off and the last place car was able to hit the accelerator. If I had been the marshal I would have waved that start off. I think the biggest is keeping pace speed the final 3-4 corners/turns.

Railer. Thanks for all of this. I have read it carefully and been careful to note the sections that apply to me (most of them...lol) and I think everyone should do the same. Railer is an invaluable resource.

Regarding this:
Formation lap. This is a pet peeve for me. Sitting in the back row I was running 140mph at times to catch up during the formation lap.
My suggestions, if leader is not on front row then every car slowly start rolling off the line. Again street tracks dictate when to get in formation. For example there were 2 long bridges to let the leaders get into position. It's every drivers responsibility to control there vehicle and not crash into another vehicle on formation lap. Leader once in pole position resume pace speec 100kmh/62mph. Saw several cars doing in excess of 110 to catch up.
I had asked where the start was going to be called and never heard. As it turns out it happened coming out from under the bridge. I noticed some cars don't like to get in tight and there was about a 6 second span from when the leader took off and the last place car was able to hit the accelerator. If I had been the marshal I would have waved that start off. I think the biggest is keeping pace speed the final 3-4 corners/turns.

Did you see the F1 race today? They can't roll start ether. I think you have to be American to know how to do it right. (j/k). But seriously, it's a pet peeve on mine too. Please keep plenty of space between cars up until about 1/4 of the track until start/finish (on 1st start), then slow, slow, slow, and tightly bunch at a *constant* speed. The rules are clear....the start/finish line is when the leader can accelerate. Normally, after that, there are cones or some markers that denote an acceleration zone, so I usually advise the leader to yell "green green green" when he can *reasonably* see the flagstand -- and be honest about it. When the leader has no mic, this rule cannot apply, so the start/finish line must start the restart.

Race 1 - Ford GT behind Peter coming to the right hander at big ben, hit Karl, Karl spun the Ford GT kept going, did not give spot back. That would be a drive thru as a minimum.

Who was the Ford GT that kept going? 30 seconds will be added to his time and the points will be adjusted accordingly if we can find out. Of course, it may not make a difference.

Shift2 International GT Series
April 5, 2015 @ 9:30pm BST; 4:30pm EDT U.S.
Zolder GP
_______________________________​
For previous results, you will have to scroll back through the Shift2 general thread. For, future results and standings, they will follow the particular race thread, even if it is merged with the general Shift2 section.

The game is very inexpensive, around six quid. To participate you should download the DLC that unlocks ALL of the cars (not cars and tracks, but that's cheap too). It's very inexpensive, about six quid also, and worth every penny. This can be avoided by buying the cars with game cash.

XBOX 360 SERIES
Race Director: Robert Waddell
Race Steward: Railer Cantrell

Your host will be OctoberDusk06 and this race is open to all who wish to participate, whether a full time driver or not.
Base Setups are tunes for each car available here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/renown-tuning-unleashed-™.196236/
Tuning Explanations are available here: http://www.racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html

1. The first race will be in time attack mode with the Hardest A.I. filling out the field. The time will be set to "long" which is about 8 minutes on most tracks. Standing start and no restarts. The A.I. will not be included in the standings, but they are "part of the track" so to speak, so contact with them is never faulted. The finishing order of this race is the lineup (in order of finish), for the next race. Full points for this race.

2. The second race will be a standing start with a parade lap so that wheels can be fixed and we can get in the proper order from the first race. Single file start with no A.I. The number of laps will be as close to 45mins. as possible, according to the fastest A.I. ties. Points will be as explained below with no points in either race for pole or fastest lap.

The scoring system is as follows:

Points System

Points: 1-25; 2-18; 3-15; 4-12; 5-10; 6-8; 7-6; 8-4; 9-2; 10-1
(Each Race scores points)

ALL RACES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS SECTION, WHICH WILL SERVE AS A CATCH ALL FOR THIS SERIES.

Notice To: @Peter Hooper, @Railer Cantrell, @Matthew Booth, @Karl Fuss, @Wessel Slagter, @Chris Hempsall, @Michael Watts, @Vence Alfred

NOTE:
- The game will not allow pit stops
- Damage will be “full”
- Collisions will be “on”
- Tuning will be allowed.
- No assists; helmet or cockpit view only.

NOTE We ask that you record your own race (it's an option at the end of the race and goes away if you are not careful. Since races will be recorded, all contact, whether intentional, unintentional or protested, *will be* reviewed (if possible) by the director and Chief Steward for any driving infractions and unsportsmanlike conduct.If the Director or Chief Steward is involved, it will be reviewed by a randomly chosen third party, along with another non-involved party. The least severe punishment decided will be issued (or none at all) and appeal may be made.

Please review the League Introduction Page for a complete list of Rules and Sporting Regulations for these races. This can be found here.

Eligible GT1 Cars For This Race:
Any GT1 Car (fixed build, A Class, no upgrades available)

Please sign up by noting your name and gamertag below. Help us pass the time until the glut of new games arrives on the next gen systems and get a very small peek at pCARS at the same time, from the same studios.

Driver Sign Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06
2. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh
3. Matthew Booth / Boothy
4. Karl Fuss / niblips
5. Vence Alfred / roist510
6. Michael Watts / machai watts
7. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing

Last edited:
The rolling starts are always going to be a problem when not everyone has mics unfortunately. Plus of course there's the issue of not everyone always being able to hear everyone else. If I remember correctly Chris was second behind Boothy and he called it as we went down that straight after the last turn as thats when Boothy at the front went off.

The time is not set in stone. I'm going to either jump out (because we agreed to a different time to start with) or we can have an alternate we all can make. I'll have Sunday off, but that's F1 day....or is it? It's Easter, though? No? Would that cause a problem?

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 179 25.3%
  • CPU

Votes: 84 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 124 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 79 11.2%