Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Finally got some laps in here this morning and with a fair amount of setup tweaking I got to where I was confident in the mid 14's at the test track. Exited out to go to a quick Time Attack and the damn setup didn't save :mad:. How do you know the setup is saved in this game... once you start a test session on track the 'save' option is no longer there and I assumed that having accepted the most reason setup change that exiting would automatically save the last setup I had run.

No, I learned that the hard way too Peter. You have to actually exit out of the test session, get back to the menu section on the left, pick save, then select your track with the "A" button, then hit the right arrow button to save it to that track, then it's saved. Just changing it does not do it, even though, as you say, it accepted it. I now just change my setups, then save them, and exit out of testing entirely and run "Quick" just to be safe.

Yes, Peter it's kind of ass backwards. The many flaws of this game (ie. not being about to fine tune your controls while in the car) is why this game probably flopped. I could see where if they improved on this game and made it more user friendly it would be awesome. I'm getting to where I really like the physics, since using Roberts wheel settings I've gotten used to using the wheel, I'm really able to enjoy the handling characteristics of each car.

On another note: Weird thing though Robert, I accidently used my Shift 2 settings in Grid yesterday and got platinum in most of the Challenges. Once I realized my mistake I switched to my Grid settings and picked up a couple seconds on each one and was able to platinum all but the last challenge, I'm still working on that one, but they are all fun this week. Especially the Indy Car at Sepang, that is a fickle machine.

Hi guys, I never signed up for this one and should have explained I have a new job. It's a restaurant job so Saturday nights are pretty much off the table for me now. I'm pretty gutted about it but it pays better than the old 9-5 job and needs must I'm afraid.

If by some miracle I do get the odd Saturday off I'll be the first to sign up. Really sorry fella's. I love this game and really want top take part.

No, I learned that the hard way too Peter. You have to actually exit out of the test session, get back to the menu section on the left, pick save, then select your track with the "A" button, then hit the right arrow button to save it to that track, then it's saved. Just changing it does not do it, even though, as you say, it accepted it. I now just change my setups, then save them, and exit out of testing entirely and run "Quick" just to be safe.
OK, I'll have to look again then as I could never seem to get back to where it gave the save option.

Love the game but it had some odd navigation at times.

Hi guys, I never signed up for this one and should have explained I have a new job. It's a restaurant job so Saturday nights are pretty much off the table for me now. I'm pretty gutted about it but it pays better than the old 9-5 job and needs must I'm afraid.

If by some miracle I do get the odd Saturday off I'll be the first to sign up. Really sorry fella's. I love this game and really want top take part.

Hey Chris, we will miss you for sure, but I understand entirely about odd hours. In fact, the company we both worked for has me on a 3-12 schedule right now, with Saturdays included soon, so my involvement here may have to come to an end also, unless we move time. It may be that we just want to go earlier on Saturday or go late Sunday and ignore clashing with F1 (on day, not time), which seems to be in a bit of disarray, even though it remains the most popular. But I'm just one guy. Pretty soon, we will all be split anyway.

I'm good with Early Saturday (6am- 12pm), I've been wanting that time slot forever. Early Sunday is also good for me. Late Sunday would be tough unless we can work around my Travel schedule. Racing is the only thing I have to look forward to on the weekends. I would also like to race with the new guy.

Sorry to hear that Chris but totally understandable. It will be good to see you on the grid any time you can make it :thumbsup:

Sundays would definitely be out for me, two and a half hours of racing is enough for one evening. I like to chill out for a couple of hours before bed and work the next morning.

The F1 grid is still very strong so can't see that changing yet.

If you find a slot that gets the most in on your side of the pond then go for it. You have to go wherever the number are.

Last edited:
Here are the Track Sizes:
Hazyview: 0.33 miles long
Dakota: 1.5 miles long
Rustle Creek: 0.5 miles long
http://www.on3wheels.com/LapSpeed.html Go here to see your speed.
Also AI lap times at Hazyview:
AI Hard: 13.198 sec
AI Medium: 13.677 sec
AI Easy: 13.755
So they are going to flat run over all of us in the Time Attack also if one gets underneath you can damn guarantee he will slam you in the fence.

Here are the Track Sizes:
Hazyview: 0.33 miles long
Dakota: 1.5 miles long
Rustle Creek: 0.5 miles long
http://www.on3wheels.com/LapSpeed.html Go here to see your speed.
Also AI lap times at Hazyview:
AI Hard: 13.198 sec
AI Medium: 13.677 sec
AI Easy: 13.755
So they are going to flat run over all of us in the Time Attack also if one gets underneath you can damn guarantee he will slam you in the fence.
I agree Michael, when I ran a few laps with Robert last week we spent most of the time trying to get back on track after getting run up into the walls and skin the wrong way. Didn't realise there times were that quick :confused:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 179 25.3%
  • CPU

Votes: 84 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 124 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 79 11.2%