AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Tor Poznan, Wed 14th September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fulvio that's me in the Liger when you come up behind me during Thursday races :roflmao:

I agree with everyone who's posted so far. Great fair racing from a nice big grid. Happy to finish with my highest position since joining here :)

I liked this combo here today with reduced %'s. If it lead to similar racing on other tracks, some of which might be more abarth friendly, I'm cool with it

And thanks for hosting Han, hope racing with us today didn't make you want to go back on vacation ;) :laugh:

Last edited:
How do get on the ranking system?
You don't do it yourself. The organizer (me) decide if an event will be used for ranking. If you participate you will get points for that based on an algoritme where the S.GP guys came up with. It's very beta for now and it is not possible yet to use ranking in anyway at the moment.
So for now it's only for gathering data.

@Kek700 Ernie's said it for me, one of the best races I've had in loooong time:inlove:

Congrats to the podium guys, and to @eN1xes Fulvio for the class win - huge thanks too to the Mazda guys early on - I think it was Thomas, Robert Jari, I could feel the impatience to get past:roflmao: Thanks for the fair racing!

Last of all, the final stint was fantastic racing @Douglas Aird , oh man, that was stressful:laugh: ...thanks for being a super fair racer Doug, enjoyed that!:thumbsup:

I need a lie down now:D

Edit: for posterity... https://simresults.net/220914-ls2
I spent 5-6 laps behind you, and was getting a bit frustrated :D
Then after my pitstop I got stuck behind Kimi's Abarth for several laps.
Later when I caught up with Han and Paul, I decided to get quickly past them - and ended up getting killed.

I don't love Abarths... :p

Han is just humouring you Alan , it is well know that Mazda driver, who are Rotters, do not get on the ranking system.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
1663190989758.png

Qualified 7th, finished 7th, boring race.....NOT!

Amazing race, probably the best I have had.

Got a decent start and held a decent position, keeping pace. Benefitted from some incidents up front and found myself in P3, just 1.1 behind Jari and on similar pace. I promptly made a mistake and had a trip to the grass that cost me several places and seconds.

Caught back up with Mika on lap 11, made it past when he went wide but had lost time and Fulvio got ahead. At that point I decided that I probably wouldn't get past him and would lose more time so I pitted with about 40 minutes to go.

Messy pitstop cost me about 6 seconds but emerged into clear air, catching the cars ahead and hoping they all still had to pit.

As John said, the last 9 laps were an intense battle for P6. He came out of his pitstop just ahead. I had better pace but he was always on the apex and I had to lift, on the straights he had the Abarth pace. Had a few goes to get past, including round the outside at T1 that I almost pulled off but couldn't get good enough exit speed. On the finish line he had half a car length. @Medilloni

Great fair racing, mate.

So I was on pace, had some great battles and a decent finish, still buzzing.

Thanks Han, it was a great combination. @HF2000

Congratulations to the podiums, especially my regular sparring partner Robert on getting P3. @Alfred Wayne

Last edited:
What an eventful and intense race. After good start from P4 to P2 I unfortunately had two incidents later, one with Wayne and one with Andre. Sorry for the contacts, too bad it happened. Watched the replay of both situations from many perspectives, don't want to argue too much about whose fault, guess there's always three sides to the story when it's close and not a super stupid move. Great pace of both of you, shame it happened. I know it's always frustrating to fall back in a good position, happened to me often enough.
After losing some positions after first collision had good close racing, especially with @Medilloni John. Was super close, but there was no way to get past on the straights.
Thx for organizing.
Congrats to Allan. Looking at best laptimes and best possible, great pace @Krzysztof Babij
and @Wayne Morgan as well. My theoretical best was a 1.44.09.
cu next time

Bad luck ....

Qualy I finished on the 2nd place but could have been even better. On the last lap I had time for pole, but lap was invalided on the fast left turn - Oaks. Anyway I was satisfied.

Race - as usual weak start, I have to practice it more. On the first turn I had a contact with other car and went to grass, lost many positions. My fitrst raction was anger to the other driver, but after watching replay many times, I think we both could have been gone better. So I decided to do a pit stop on the beginning of the race, where I met Wayne and we had very close drive and challenge for the most of the race. On the 21st lap I was hit by other driver (I sent him PM) and on the first turn Baba Jaga/Big Pan I went far away to the grass, so lost a lot of time. After recovery I chased again and had very nice drive with few of the drivers, I think Ernie and Paul. Finished P10 and I am very dissapointed of this result. Positives - I made second best lap in this race :D

Thanks to all!

Guys,

I just saw that if you quit the server before the race has ended, your ranking is decreased with 300 points. That happened to Andre and Paulo.
So it's better for your ranking to go back to the pits and wait for the end of the race. Your choice of course.
I know Han... It's not my style, but I had enough to be honoust.
I had a good start! (for a change) gained 1 position and was gaining a bit untill they touched and went off. So I was in 2nd but lack of practice made me a bit slower then Allan. 2 laps further-on I got touched in the final corner by Thomas Kimmich who understeered into me (he kindly apologised). I went off and got stuck behind 2 Abarths, from there I lost momentum and my concentration and went off 4 more times, so I had enough.

It was good to see that Doug had a lot of speed this race, wel done Dougie!

Just looked at the replay, I know it has been said previously here, but it was such a good race from my perspective.
This formula really worked well, I had battles with Mazda’s and Abarths in equal measures.
Normally there are too few Abarth’s and Mazdas are so much more competitive that the fast guys are gone and the slower Mazdas are out classed by the Abarth’s straight line speed.
Then the Abarth’s are handicapped by fuel saving or on the penultimate lap coming in for a second pit stop, only to watch all their hard work being undone as every man and his dog goes by.
Everyone was in with a shout in this race, shame about Omar’s ping? It was obviously causing problems.
I would list all I came across, but every one was on equal terms in this race.
This change that Han made, has made them both very competitive, and at last I could race properly.
Instead of thinking “ what’s the point “.
I realise that circuit to circuit will make the competitiveness “yo yo” back and forth, but that is no bad thing.
Overall a great race strategy and a near full field, what’s not to like.
:)

It was good to see that Doug had a lot of speed this race, wel done Dougie!

Thanks Andre. Hopefully it's not track related one-off.

Not bad considering my knackered wheel and I was recovering from a dentist visit on the morning. :)

I really enjoyed the track with some corners reminding me of Brands Hatch GP, one of my favourites.

I also got a little extra practice time, which helped. After levelling off a bit I am starting to improve again so hopefully more decent results to come. Remember, I am still a rookie. :)

Last edited:
It sounds like I missed a very exciting and eventful race, thanks for sharing your stories lads! :laugh: If someone can toss the replay that would be grand.:thumbsup:

This is what I was doing while you lot were having fun last night... mummifying my monitor for replacement. Gotta thank Ikea for making really large packaging that you can reuse haha! :roflmao:

F6CE9678-5A8C-44D7-97CA-DE1F99106030.jpeg

Han comment (sorry quote didn't work as expected!): "I just saw that if you quit the server before the race has ended, your ranking is decreased with 300 points. That happened to Andre and Paulo.
So it's better for your ranking to go back to the pits and wait for the end of the race. Your choice of course."

Han, isn't it that if you DNF you get -500 and it would also appear that if you don't finish within a couple of laps (10% maybe?) of the leader you get -300 (as a 'semi-DNF')? Certainly Andre is logged as +16 laps and Paulo as +21 laps so it certainly wasn't that they finished the race and too quickly exited the server (as I initially read your comment to mean). I suspect their problem might have been a lost server type issue but even if they just parked it after too many 'race incidents' I strongly suspect that even if they had left the game running (while 'doing something else instead') they would still have got -300 (my best guess no evidence/algorithm knowledge!).

Last edited:
Han comment (sorry quote didn't work as expected!): "I just saw that if you quit the server before the race has ended, your ranking is decreased with 300 points. That happened to Andre and Paulo.
So it's better for your ranking to go back to the pits and wait for the end of the race. Your choice of course."

Han, isn't it that if you DNF you get -500 and it would also appear that if you don't finish within a couple of laps (10% maybe?) of the leader you get -300 (as a 'semi-DNF')? Certainly Andre is logged as +16 laps and Paulo as +21 laps so it certainly wasn't that they finished the race and too quickly exited the server (as I initially read your comment to mean). I suspect their problem might have been a lost server type issue but even if they just parked it after too many 'race incidents' I strongly suspect that even if they had left the game running (while 'doing something else instead') they would still have got -300 (my best guess no evidence/algorithm knowledge!).
Could be. I don't know. But Rasmus got a -500 penalty for not showing up.
So I guess that the algoritme doesn't like quitters and not showing up types.
(But I like Rasmus anyway).

Could be. I don't know. But Rasmus got a -500 penalty for not showing up.
So I guess that the algoritme doesn't like quitters and not showing up types.
(But I like Rasmus anyway).
Definitely, DNF appears to really mean 'did not start and/or didn't show up'. I know because I sadly got a nasty -500 ranking 'surprise' due to my long standing and (I believe!) agreed occasional attendance in the 'Drive to Survive' championship for a 'no show' in the last round - hence my recent un-registration to prevent that happening at every future race! Fortunately for us all (and Callum and Phil as the other two early exiters yesterday) it appears you can't have a negative ranking (hence they remain on zero).

Definitely, DNF appears to really mean 'did not start and/or didn't show up'. I know because I sadly got a nasty -500 ranking 'surprise' due to my long standing and (I believe!) agreed occasional attendance in the 'Drive to Survive' championship for a 'no show' in the last round - hence my recent un-registration to prevent that happening at every future race! Fortunately for us all (and Callum and Phil as the other two early exiters yesterday) it appears you can't have a negative ranking (hence they remain on zero).
Thanks for notifying me. I will not make the Drive To Survive events ranked anymore.

Latest News

Back