AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Tor Poznan, Wed 14th September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I have gone with ranked on for the gt3 championship but off for the normal club event sunday.

Not sure how best to deal with it!
No issue for me with all events being 'ranked' but unclear to me currently how you can tell in SGP (which was part of the surprise problem for me)?

Certainly it feel like championships definitely should be ranked (maybe even the fun 'Drive to Survive' series but of course up to you Han). But I agree it's more debatable whether the more casual club events should or shouldn't be.

No issue for me with all events being 'ranked' but unclear to me currently how you can tell in SGP (which was part of the surprise problem for me)?

Certainly it feel like championships definitely should be ranked (maybe even the fun 'Drive to Survive' series but of course up to you Han). But I agree it's more debatable whether the more casual club events should or shouldn't be.

I noticed that earlier. I couldn't see any change when turning it on/off.

I'll add it to the OP for now.

Well I've automatically been deducted 500 point for being added to the GT3 championship round that I said I couldn't attend :(
Sadly I think we've all being caught out by (for me at least!) the sudden and unexplained addition of ranking points to SGP events.

That said I think it's a nice addition that hopefully encourages more participation and less drop outs. Plus we now have the fun of the leader board! But I'm not sure whether setting events status as either ranking/none-ranking will put anyone off attending (either because they'll only want to do ranked events going forward or they actually don't want to be ranked at all) I certainly hope not. Because at the end of the day I think we all pretty much know who the Aliens are and who we have good battles with (ie. I don't need SGP to tell me Fulvio is an Alien, lol!).

as i said before system is broken even if u win an event but u have high points u lose points i hope they remove this system sgp need more players in the daily , weekly not a ranking system

Attachments

• BrokenSystem.png
    BrokenSystem.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 43
Sadly I think we've all being caught out by (for me at least!) the sudden and unexplained addition of ranking points to SGP events.

That said I think it's a nice addition that hopefully encourages more participation and less drop outs. Plus we now have the fun of the leader board! But I'm not sure whether setting events status as either ranking/none-ranking will put anyone off attending (either because they'll only want to do ranked events going forward or they actually don't want to be ranked at all) I certainly hope not. Because at the end of the day I think we all pretty much know who the Aliens are and who we have good battles with (ie. I don't need SGP to tell me Fulvio is an Alien, lol!).

It might put off people who are 50-50 about making the race. As of yet no way for admins to add rating or remove any penalties...

Last edited:
if u check the race on the middle was more low average field
I looked at this carefully and it doesn't make any sense to me either. I think there could be an argument to say that at your high ranking Fulvio you could be 'expected' to win that Italian Job race given the lower rank competition and hence that a win doesn't 'deserve' any ranking points (given it doesn't show that you're 'better' than your current ranking) but not -296!

That said, and while I hate to say it because I understand your quali strategy, maybe it also ranks your quali performance and again you were 'expected' to be on pole (but choose not to set a time). Hence an algorithm might deem that you 'under performed' in quali and hence should have a lower ranking, sorry!!

I think someone should report this example to the developers to investigate and either explain or fix.

In the meantime probably the best thing is for us all not to take the rankings too seriously and treat them just as a bit of fun!

Very disappointed. I had found a nice pace for my midfield aspirations, and in fact I started in that part of the grid, but decided to do what you shouldn't do between quali and race, i.e. modifying (though slightly) the setup.
Proudly survived the first lap mess despite a ping suddenly jumped into the 800ms realm at the race beginning (then returned to the usual 30-50 after the first lap), I hit no one and that was a victory per se.

I was trying to climb the positions but in the aim of avoiding possible incidents and leave space to everybody I took corner 4 very much on the outside and was overcame by two other Mazdas, the second one of which squeezed me out of the track a là Max Verstappen.
Not sure whether this could be classified as a racing incident, however nobody waited and I am still not able to use discord in race so I couldn't complain and couldn't hear nobody saying anything. I had to live with that, I hope I will be able to set up Discord correctly.. either I hear Discord or the race audio, don't know how to fix this :cry:
In the end, focus was lost and the setup change made the car too slippery on the rear so basically I struggled the whole race to control the car and the occasional spin or half spin made me finish last as usual.
Enjoyed racing along with Mika, Callum and Arnold @SimApprentice21 !

Cheers to the podium finishers, welcome back Han and see you next time!

I looked at this carefully and it doesn't make any sense to me either. I think there could be an argument to say that at your high ranking Fulvio you could be 'expected' to win that Italian Job race given the lower rank competition and hence that a win doesn't 'deserve' any ranking points (given it doesn't show that you're 'better' than your current ranking) but not -296!

That said, and while I hate to say it because I understand your quali strategy, maybe it also ranks your quali performance and again you were 'expected' to be on pole (but choose not to set a time). Hence an algorithm might deem that you 'under performed' in quali and hence should have a lower ranking, sorry!!

I think someone should report this example to the developers to investigate and either explain or fix.

In the meantime probably the best thing is for us all not to take the rankings too seriously and treat them just as a bit of fun!
I think you may be right Richard.
Having had some experience of Raceroom’s ranking system you get penalised if you enter but don’t set a qualifying time, or your time is away from your expected position for the field strength. The same rules apply to the race and crew chief tells you at the start where you are expected to finish. Raceroom also runs a reputation score in parallel which takes into account contact and off track incidents. These are used to decide what races you can enter and seems to work OK.

But it’s early days and only the first phase of three updates so it will take a lot more time and data before anything meaningful comes out of it.

Last edited:
So the algorithm expects you to perform a certain way, on every session, and if you don't achieve the expected you get punished... sounds logical in a competitive environment but is there a "casual" version of the algorithm for our club sessions? I mean, I understand the logic behind the calculations but the variables should be able to adapt to the context... right? Maybe also give some leeway to 'bad sessions' or 'bad days'... :coffee: My 2 cents.

Last edited:
So the algorithm expects you to perform a certain way, on every session, and if you don't achieve the expected you get punished... sounds logical in a competitive environment but is there a "casual" version of the algorithm for our club sessions? I mean, I understand the logic behind the calculations but the variables should be able to adapt to the context... right? Maybe also give some leeway to 'bad sessions' or 'bad days'... :coffee: My 2 cents.

That probably explains why, in the last race, I got almost the same points added as Allan even though he was first and I was 7th. Zero incidents probably helped, too.

i dont think work in that way but iv found somethig wrong with this system if u sign up lets say 3 race's in 1 night if u win points in the first race the point system for second race is not updated and u still have the same points of the lobby before so if u win and gain less u actually lose points ( u actually need to cancel and rejoin before race start for update the system points) . as u can see in the screen on RD event i was p22 on qualy and p4 in race , sgp event p6 qualy p1 race both events less average.

Attachments

• system2.png
    system2.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
i dont think work in that way but iv found somethig wrong with this system if u sign up lets say 3 race's in 1 night if u win points in the first race the point system for second race is not updated and u still have the same points of the lobby before so if u win and gain less u actually lose points ( u actually need to cancel and rejoin before race start for update the system points) . as u can see in the screen on RD event i was p22 on qualy and p4 in race , sgp event p6 qualy p1 race both events less average.
I agree that's actually a really nasty bug and problem with the system. Fulvio I can see your full ranking history as:
1663319316701.png

And I'm pretty certain that we should be able to add up all the race ranking points in brackets to get your current ranking, which I calculate as 9075 (which is obviously different to what SGP says today of 8573).

So what I understand you to suspect is the problem is that when you register for an event your ranking at that time is stored in the event. At race end the ranking system then takes that 'stored' ranking and adds the race ranking points onto it (taking no account of your 'current' ranking points!). I can sort of understand why the system stores your ranking in the event (for event average etc) but obviously it should ignore it when calculating your resulting ranking post event (and should of course add the race ranking points to your current, most up to date, ranking). Again can an admin feed this back to the dev team please (as I've no idea how to contact them)?

I agree that's actually a really nasty bug and problem with the system. Fulvio I can see your full ranking history as:
View attachment 600634
And I'm pretty certain that we should be able to add up all the race ranking points in brackets to get your current ranking, which I calculate as 9075 (which is obviously different to what SGP says today of 8573).

So what I understand you to suspect is the problem is that when you register for an event your ranking at that time is stored in the event. At race end the ranking system then takes that 'stored' ranking and adds the race ranking points onto it (taking no account of your 'current' ranking points!). I can sort of understand why the system stores your ranking in the event (for event average etc) but obviously it should ignore it when calculating your resulting ranking post event (and should of course add the race ranking points to your current, most up to date, ranking). Again can an admin feed this back to the dev team please (as I've no idea how to contact them)?
The development team is already investigating Fulvio's rating historie.
We all should be aware that this ranking system is in an early beta fase so there's a learning curve with the developers at the moment.
Again I want to inform you that I will not use ranking in my events if it's not trustworthy. At the moment I don't even know what the options for an admin will be for using ranking. The current version is 1.0 and usage of ranking for admins will come in version 1.5.

Btw: it's nice to see the average field strength with Fulvio's results. It gives some insight how we as a community perform compared to others.

Last edited:
The development team is already investigating Fulvio's rating historie.
We all should be aware that this ranking system is in an early beta fase so there's a learning curve with the developers at the moment.
Again I want to inform you that I will not use ranking in my events if it's not trustworthy. At the moment I don't even know what the options for an admin will be for using ranking. The current version is 1.0 and usage of ranking for admins will come in version 1.5.

Btw: it's nice to see the average field strength with Fulvio's results. It gives some insight how we as a community perform compared to others.
avarege is low cause many players dont even got a rank is not hard to get 8000/9000 even for the top10 in everyrace i have this cause i also play daily's sometime

Latest News

Back