AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Tor Poznan, Wed 14th September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Says man who start back of the grid and still win everyone by miles... ;)
there is a reason on why i start on the back for fight and yes sm time i win sm time not but in many track i had good fight for 3-5 consecutive laps for abarth drivers is boring to see only 4-5 abarths on track should be equal balance between the 2 class whatever is the track (now even 1 of the top abarth driver is converted to mx5 D :

Last edited:
I agree that the Abarth is a lot more difficult to handle and it's certainly more challenging to go fast with it. What I like about this combination of cars that Mazda drivers who feel that they are up for a new step in becoming a better racer, they can try the Abarth and see if they can match their Mazda times with it.
This made me do a little test, so I went to Monza with the Abarth. I wanted to see if I can match my Mazda PB there.
So, after managing to get a more or less stable setup, it took me two laps to beat my Mazda time by 0,2 secs.
Maybe I should try on a bit more challenging track? Or is the Abarth really that fast?

It really needed much more work to get it stable. FWD understeer wasn't much of a problem, although I kept losing the rear and that took some fixing. Abarth also didn't seem to like curbs, much more bouncy than Mazda.

Last edited:
This made me do a little test, so I went to Monza with the Abarth. I wanted to see if I can match my Mazda PB there.
So, after managing to get a more or less stable setup, it took me two laps to beat my Mazda time by 0,2 secs.
Maybe I should try on a bit more challenging track? Or is the Abarth really that fast?

It really needed much more work to get it stable. FWD understeer wasn't much of a problem, although I kept losing the rear and that took some fixing. Abarth also didn't seem to like curbs, much more bouncy than Mazda.
Monza was more Abarth side yes . the abarth is fast on straight mazda or corners like in the next track prob the mazda is faster but not sure cuz there is 2 long straight and the abarth on straight literally kill the small mx5 (i think every straight on monza was -0.5 even more for the abarth)

Last edited:
You should race, the racing is secondary to the fun we all have throwing insults to the Abarth boys and then Abarth boys throwing insults to the Mazda drivers.
Who needs racing to have fun?:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Poor old Ernie, he drives the fastest milk float in the west. Hey Ernie, i bet there is very few on here that know what that is all about eh mate?

431423B1-2D92-49CC-AA0C-803A94630DFC.jpeg

My old life.

Since I have been Abarth driver my life has changed.

B80D668A-5366-493F-B7CA-37E9E2F54EDD.jpeg

Last edited:

Yes I think behind LeMans Monza is probably the track where the Abarth profits the most for it's top speed. But on tracks with a relatively short straight like Zandvoort or Kyalami the Abarths will definitely loose it from the Mazda's.

In the upcoming Fat Alfies championship, I truly don't know how it will work out with these cars. Every track has a long straight but will it be enough to compensate for the time lost in the corners?

Yes I think behind LeMans Monza is probably the track where the Abarth profits the most for it's top speed. But on tracks with a relatively short straight like Zandvoort or Kyalami the Abarths will definitely loose it from the Mazda's.

In the upcoming Fat Alfies championship, I truly don't know how it will work out with these cars. Every track has a long straight but will it be enough to compensate for the time lost in the corners?
Well, i am going with the underdog. The little plastic piece of crap with a big motor sounds like fun. Plus, i can't afford a GTO

Dunno if I'm going to make this race chaps... wanted to do some practice today but my curved Iiyama monitor said no. :( It just won't display anything, not even the OSD menu that's supposed to be hardwired to the thing. I plugged an older monitor to my PC and I had HDMI signal. So, the PC was not the problem (wheew!). However, I have the Iiyama plugged to the PC through a DP port. So I connected the PC to the older screen with the DP cable and I got signal. Good so far. Then I connected the PC to the Iiyama, with the same DP cable and nada, niente, nopes, nothing. Utter sh*te, excuse my french. I had both monitors plugged in through DP cables ant the PC recognized both, but the Iiyama refused to show anything, just a black screen. So I'll be calling Coolblue tomorrow, where I purchased it, and see if they can fix it or get it exchanged... bought it in june last year with a 3 year warranty so we'll see how that flies... and how long that takes. :cautious:

Keep you posted.

Last edited:
Dunno if I'm going to make this race chaps... wanted to do some practice today but my curved Iiyama monitor said no. :( It just won't display anything, not even the OSD menu that's supposed to be hardwired to the thing. I plugged an older monitor to my PC and I had HDMI signal. So, the PC was not the problem (wheew!). However, I have the Iiyama plugged to the PC through a DP port. So I connected the PC to the older screen with the DP cable and I got signal. Good so far. Then I connected the PC to the Iiyama, with the same DP cable and nada, niente, nopes, nothing. Utter sh*te, excuse my french. I had both monitors plugged in through DP cables ant the PC recognized both, but the Iiyama refused to show anything, just a black screen. So I'll be calling Coolblue tomorrow, where I purchased it, and see if they can fix it or get it exchanged... bought it in june last year with a 3 year warranty so we'll see how that flies... and how long that takes. :cautious:

Keep you posted.
have u tried with the gpu drivers some gpu's without update dont recognize the dp's ports (update)

have u tried with the gpu drivers some gpu's without update dont recognize the dp's ports (update)
Thank you for your advise. Yes, I did, and according to W10 the drivers are up to date. The smaller monitor was also recognised and showed the desktop through all DP ports. I'm certain it's the panel of the curved Iiyama since it doesn't even display its native OSD, which it should by default. :cautious:

Latest News

Back