AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Goodwood, 12th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Was not your fault Fulvio, I saw it happen, hit so hard I disappeared so far into the corn field
I got sent to the pits. That was me a lap down.:( And not even a lap completed.:roflmao::roflmao:
Bugger, but actually had a great race, probably worked out great for me, as long as you were not fussed about your race position.:roflmao::roflmao:
Had great pace, which I was pleased with, so I just ran the old girl until I got disqualified.
64D5AB22-5FF6-4085-83AC-2BDA6A2B6AE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys,

We had some UDO's (Unidentified Driving Objects) on our practice servers lately.
So we're going to change the password for joining the practice server and the S.GP race server. So it isn't 'dunlop' anymore. Please send me a PM for the new password.

We (Brian and I) will be using that one for an undefined period.

Last edited:
Starting to get a fix on what tracks suit Abarth and Mazda.
Put simply, any track that allows both cars to corner flat chat, the Abarth wins. Any track with fast corners that punish the Abarth’s understeer then the Mazda will be flat chat and have more than enough exit speed to get one over a Abarth.
Flowing corners suit both with the Mazda quickest , but not enough to counter the next straight.
Thompson road being a good example.
Here at Goodwood, too many corners where the Abarth is marginally off or completely off the throttle.
Even John cannot counter that, it would be interesting to see if Fulvio can, my gut feeling is even Fulvio would struggle.
Thruxton ( just a guess ) would, I think suit the Abarth, most corners stifle the Mazda cornering speed and any corners that were flat out the Abarth would also be flat out?
If someone, not me, can extract every last ounce from the Abarth corner speed. Then maybe the Abarth could match the Mazda here, but my money would still be with the Mazda if both were driven that perfectly.
Just a load of rambling nonsense :roflmao::roflmao:

Ernie, I think we should get Han to put us around Thruxton, I fancy my chances...

Before I forget it ( once again) thanks Han for organizing and (once again) blowing the start completely.

:sneaky:
Shame I couldn´t capitalize on that as was pummeled around, harrassed by slow shopping trolleys and pushed off four times overall.
( It was lively first lap.:rolleyes:)

Just started whatching the replay, got pissed seeing again as someone turned into me in T1 and pendulumed me into the outside runoff, handing me down several positions.

So stopped whatching before my happy mood evaporated, but I´m still curious if anyone uses a Radar App. Tonight I had serious doubts.

And yes, of course the brakedancing/corner parking shitboxes where a mayor pain in the ass once again. :inlove:

I´ll get myself another beer now before I hurt someones feelings.

( And a driving tipp, intermediate level:

if your are forced offline in a corner battle and you are on the inside, it´s your job to brake a little early so you can hold your line and don´t bounce off the other driver so he goes off and you can drive away)

Cheers, mate

Last edited:
Best race for a while for me, starting off with P3 qualifying. I had the pace for P2 but threw a mid 1.26 away a couple of times.

Unfortunately P3 put me on the outside at the start and a couple of cars got past in lap 1.

Had a 2 lap scrap with Callum but got by when he made a mistake before the chicane and spun after.

Sat in P3 for a while catching Robert but went off into the grass and lost a chunk of time and couple of places.

Pitted a couple of laps later but missed my pitbox and probably lost another 5 seconds. As a result Carsten and Callum got between me and Robert who was 7 seconds up the road.

Then I got my head down and let the pitstops unwind. Andre energed from his just ahead and we had a couple of good laps together before he lagged out and lost 30 odd seconds. @andre murel

Final 20 minutes was a great fight with Robert for P4. I think I caught up 6 seconds gap three times but made mistakes that cost me the chance to take the place. Finished on a charge and only 1 second behind. Well done Robert. @Alfred Wayne

Thanks everyone for the great racing, congratulations to the podiums and thanks to Han for organising.

Last edited:
The practice server for the Legends Ford event is up. Please give it a try and you will love it!
I will and I'll make sure I register this time. As I've been racing with AMS2 as well I haven't developed the habit of registering, but after missing tonight's race I won't mess that up again unless I have an old git moment.

If I remember correctly one or two Scottish Gentlemen are also in the Sheep Business, Han ;)
Were they wearing wellies? :roflmao:

Most frustrating **** race I ever had at RD, finishing nowhere after being in the lead. Messed up far more better qualy time in the last chicane. If someone has race replay (mine was not saved) it would be great if you could upload it somewhere, just wanted to look at some stuff from others perspective. Won't be doing blame game, we're all here for racing and fun, but this one was pretty frustrating in many situations tbh. At least pace was good (think my best race lap was a 1.26.3, without slipstream). cu next time, thx all for racing and Han for organizing.

A good race from my side with the win as a reward, although I think Ernie would have won if he didn't have that lap penalty.
Of course at the start some Mazda's could overtake me but I could quite easy get them back on the flat out part. After a little off track in St.Mary's Kimi could profit and we had a great battle for a few laps. Finally I could create a little gap and in a kind of nomansland (with the exception of Fulvio flying by) I could finish 3rd overall and first in class.

A very demanding but enjoyable track for these cars.
Congrats to the other podiums and thanks all for joining.
Next week the championship race #2 on Bremgarten and the week after Thruxton if I have received my bottle of whiskey from Douglas.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back