AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Goodwood, 12th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I can see how John can do those times, just cannot replicate it myself, if I go there I'm off.:confused:
I am sure it has a lot to do with track visualization, how your brain interprets the corner, and then translates that into your physical reactions. And as the word "reaction" is well outside my old git's body, you see where I am going.:confused:
I know this from those occasions when I turn up and I am up to 1 second off the pace. I just cannot replicate all the exact lines I did by luck in practice, I am sure I am not alone in that one.

You need to first make sure to address anyone very carefully by using the following:-

She/her/hers/he/him/his/they/them/theirs (singular)/ze/hir/hirs

Then if you are lucky enough not to deeply offend them and the rest of the world, you can reasonably safely proceed with a conversation.

if you fail, then you will be immediately hounded to death by the social media commando's

I can see how John can do those times, just cannot replicate it myself, if I go there I'm off.:confused:
I am sure it has a lot to do with track visualization, how your brain interprets the corner, and then translates that into your physical reactions. And as the word "reaction" is well outside my old git's body, you see where I am going.:confused:
I know this from those occasions when I turn up and I am up to 1 second off the pace. I just cannot replicate all the exact lines I did by luck in practice, I am sure I am not alone in that one.
Lines were from this young'un Ernie (don't let his apparent age fool ya!), very good vid - I used the 2nd option for Madgewick (single apex), his braking and entry for St Mary's is great, but most important imo is he talks about this being a corner exit track, and also how the gradients affect your lines. Glad I found it, even though I really felt like his grandad:laugh:

Last edited:
We've sent an officer around for a look John!

Transit-Edit.jpg

Out of interest, where are the WRs for various cars/ tracks found?
I think most people use this for WR's Colin, as well as finding lap times (as a guide?) for various combo's, and setups too. Do check the conditions they set the time with though, some 'advantageous' lol:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back