AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Goodwood, 12th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm quite competitive and I'd like to be nearer the front but lack practice time. I stick to the Mazda as I know the car well and, broadly, what setups work for me. That's one less variable to work with.

I generally get 2-3 hours at the weekend and then another couple through the week.

Probably why I am more competitive on tracks I have raced before, short tracks with less corners to learn and the occasional one that I click with straight away.

topgrid.jpg

almost a top grid like this

I practice anywhere up to 30hrs a week and generally make roughly 15-20 set-ups trying different lines,braking points,toe,camber angles,other things..:)
:)..
This statement actually makes me feel better :inlove:

To be beaten by 1,5 sec on a continual basis (scnr:rolleyes:) by a man who invests scientific methods and four to six times my time that I can stand.

This not to mention his use of better gear (hydraulic pedals) :redface:

Carry on, Carsten

Last edited:
I really don't have the time to drive as many hours as Alan does for example.
I'm a bit the same as Doug's practice time, basically I'm driving for 1 hour the night before and then going into the free practice next day before the race. It always has been like that.

Now for the first time I'm also in the 34 Ford driving @ Brandch Hatch Indy to expend my practising driving a very tail happy car which will help me in the mazda to even get more feeling in the throttle pedal :barefoot:

Latest News

Back