AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn, Wed 15th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Woo hoo - downloaded the file from the opening post, dropped it into the right folder first go and connected to the server no problem. Pity I don't have time to practice but at least I will be all good tomorrow to use the full practice session.
If you have at least a few minutes, I'd suggest doing some laps in the F2004 (or offline something similar).
The track isn't that complicated but with the slow Wednesday cars, you won't learn the track within practice + qualy.
However with the F2004, you'll know the layout within 10 minutes :D

The server is saying 10 mins practice and quali...

Screenshot 2023-02-14 195606.jpg

I assume this isn't correct?

If you have at least a few minutes, I'd suggest doing some laps in the F2004 (or offline something similar).
The track isn't that complicated but with the slow Wednesday cars, you won't learn the track within practice + qualy.
However with the F2004, you'll know the layout within 10 minutes :D

It's ok, I did my orientation laps on Sunday for an hour or so. I'm not fast but I know my way around.

I had to laugh at Rasmus response to my less than successful description of how to sort
the surface.ini file.

From my point of view it seemed almost too simplistic and straight forward.
It just shows that as we communicate we do so from our isolated view point, and are more often than not, conveying our thoughts properly.
And what makes it even more funny is that I still see it as straight forward and over simplistic, even with the weight of evidence that no one understood it. :unsure:

Perhaps I am the Autistic racer.:roflmao::roflmao:

Admittedly I did include the removal of the rest of the circuits, as my PC does not even recognise those circuits when in the UI. It also gives a failure screen at the start of AC, even before getting to the UI.
And thought that it may be the same with other computers, but not exactly with the same outcome.
After a trimmed down circuit I now get no failures..

I fear at some point I will be thrust into having to use CM, I shall do my best to advert this situation.
I know deep inside that when finally moving into the light, I will proclaim its genius, if only by my peers uptake of this all encompassing software addition.
Historically, it is all down to not wanting to leave the 1950’s, viewing CM as symbolic of a 21st century enforced night mare.

On that note I will have a cup of tea.

I fear at some point I will be thrust into having to use CM, I shall do my best to advert this situation.
I know deep inside that when finally moving into the light, I will proclaim its genius, if only by my peers uptake of this all encompassing software addition.
Historically, it is all down to not wanting to leave the 1950’s, viewing CM as symbolic of a 21st century enforced night mare.

Relax Ernie. Using CM is nothing like trying to get Netflix to work on your black&white tube TV set.

Last edited:
Ernie, we should schedule a little discord/team viewer meeting to get you running with cm :)

The cool thing is that CM doesn't change anything in your config!
You can happily use CM to practice this one track offline without errors and then use the standard launcher for the next session.

It just adds additional stuff (like AI flood for track day mode on free roam tracks) but the main reason is that it is way faster to do the usual things lime joining a racedepartment server!

And ofc one big reason is to download csp from within CM and configure it.
Instead of getting a pre-configured package from me :D

But everything that's possible with the standard launcher will continue to work.

Ernie, you will never look back. It will remind you of how you felt when you tried real coffee after all those years of Camp coffee :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And here it is, the Dowsetts Tipo 184 Special brought to you by Legion. https://*************************/2023/02/dowsetts-tipo-184-version-20230214.html
Better grab it quick before RD police deleat my post he he . It is a blast, our very own MX5 in a vintage F1 car

Latest News

Back