AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn, Wed 15th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My CPU was only showing 60% and i had about 50fps, but it was like driving in slow motion and everyone was vibrating/jumping around. :(

Hi, the CPU "showing" means overall load in Taskmanager? That sadly doesn't tell you anything apart from that not ALL cores where at full load for a full second.
CPU loads are very complex. A general rule is:
If your graphics card load isn't at 90-100%, your CPU is the bottleneck (or a fps limiter or vsync, but you're saying "only 50 fps", so it's not fps limit or vsync).

This CPU complexity has to do with how applications are programmed. For graphics stuff, you just shove everything the CPU has prepared into the graphics card and it will spread everything across the whole card.

That's not possible for CPU stuff. If you code basic things, they will always be all on just one core.
AC can use 2 cores to 100% and then has a lot of very little tasks for the other cores.

However your CPU will probably run at above 3 GHz, which already means 3.000.000.000 CPU cycles per second, per core.
Windows will run these 2 "big threads" (in example) for 500.000 cycles on one core, while the next core will read the cache and "prepare". Then the next core takes over for its 500.000 cycles.

In the end, TaskManager will average the done work for one second and you'll see some loads on all cores.

But if you'd freeze everything at one single moment in time, you would see only 2 cores at 100%, the rest of the CPU doing nothing.

Long story short, you need to check these apps while on track:
I'm not sure which of them are "developer" (dev) apps, but you'll see the render times for the single frames.
The CSP render stats app is far superior, but you only get it when activating the GUI extension in CSP.

On this screenshot, you'll see a graphics card limit. The GPU took 9.22ms for the frame, the CPU only 5.61ms.
What's important is that the "MAIN_T" isn't close to 100% and "PHY_LATE" stays below 100 per lap.

If that's not the case, you can see the CPU times for every single thing in AC in the CSP app and hopefully reduce whatever is having big impacts.

AC_GPU_Limit_Stats.jpg

And here's how a "still good" CPU limit looks like. PHY_LATE slightly ticking up, but still okay. MAIN_T pretty high, but below 95%.
GPU load is only at 49% (the 57% is the fan speed).
CPU load is at 30%.
However the CPU frame time (blue) is at 6.01ms
GPU frame time (red) is at 4.28ms

AC_CPU_Limit_Stats_2.jpg

Since I disabled all limiters, vsync etc., only a better CPU would increase my fps.
OR I could:
- disable smoke (0.46ms)
- reduce shadows settings (0.25ms)
- reduce mirror settings (0.23ms)
- close this render stats app, lol (0.13ms)
- disable the app "pitboard" (0.18ms)
Adding up to => 1.25ms

Then there's the main pass, which can only be reduced by lowering the "World Details" in the normal AC settings. That would probably give me another 0.3ms

=> 1.55ms to be saved.
6.01ms - 1.55ms = 4.46ms
and 1000ms / 4.46ms = 224.2 fps

So I would go from 160 fps to 224.2 fps.
Scaled down to your 50 fps, that would mean getting 70 fps!

Last edited:
WOW, Thanks Rasmus, I will take a look at that. Tho i expect an amd fx6300 is just not enough anymore. however this is the first race i had this sort of issue.
Are you using CM+CSP?
If yes, please really take a look into that CSP Render Stats app! It will reveal what you'd need to reduce for this event.
I've edited in a quick CPU Bottleneck scenario (not that easy with my freshly upgraded 7600X, lol :speechless:).

Big mod tracks are often problematic with their massive amount of drawcalls. Especially at "not so famous" tracks, where only the basic optimizations are done.

Guys,

You can also see results in Emperor. Please go there and see if you agree with the cuts and the collisions count. Collisions here are those with other cars and environment. In the tab events you can see them separated.
View attachment 640434
I got 2 cuts on the lap I pitted, one exiting the pits, and another I have no idea where. Re notification, I had no idea until a chat box opened up saying I'd got 3 warnings, which seemed a bit late. A similar system to the one you're using is Real Penalty - this warns you audibly and on screen as soon as you go out of limits, and you can set how much you need to slow down to recover from the penalty https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/real-penalty-tool.29591/

Thanks for organising Han, got home late, ate tea ('dinner' to southerners:roflmao:) during quali, then tried to stay out of trouble, which seemed to work OK. Congrats to the podium guys!

Anyone know how to mute Discord sound in-race? Nobody's fault, but find talking when racing wrecks the little concentration I have:unsure:

My lack of practice showed tonight, I had one session to find my way around but had no real pace. Pre qualifying tonight I could not find my way out of the 56s and not much better in qualifying.

In the race I got a decent start, stayed out of trouble and picked up quite a few places. Surprised myself by getting on the tail of Robert.

Unfortunately I made two errors after that, slid off and onto the grass which had minimal grip so I lost lots of places again.

Towards the end I caught up with Steve and Bouke. At the end of the lap I had got up the inside and got the car slowed enough to leave space but Steve went wide, hit the barrier, came across and knocked me off for another trip to the grass.

Remaining laps were a chase and I got to a couple of seconds of Steve and Paul at the line. Another lap and I may have managed to get past.

P12 in the end so not too bad.

Well done to everyone who raced and to Han for organising (and Rasmus for tech support!).

Last edited:
Best ever qualifying yesterday up into 8th place. Got distracted on the first lap when I spotted a post I hadn’t hit before so felt compelled to drive into it, got stuck and watched everyone else drive past before returning to the pits and picking up a 30second penalty.

By the time I escaped the pits everyone else was almost 2mins ahead of me So mostly a lonely race. First couple of laps were awful then got my head back in the game churning out decent laps even getting into the low 51’s beating my PB by almost a second. Eventually caught up the back markers and benefited from others mishaps to eventually finish 13th.

Looking at the results the points/penalty system seems to have worked fine for me. Apart from the pit exit I picked up one warning for cutting the track (just before the guard shack at the start), no points for colliding with the environment which I did once or twice. Apart from the start I don’t think I saw 10 cars all throughout the race so no opportunity to test the kill 10 rule.

Thanks for the efforts in pulling it together Han and experimenting with the points system.

Latest News

Back