AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn, Wed 15th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Really enjoyed this race although my 2nd stint was very lonely. Love this challenging track with it's visuals. Also is the long straight great in racing the Mazda's. I think that the Abarths make up about 2,5s there but also loosing that in the other parts.

Congrats to the podium. Amazing pace guys! I haven't practiced much with the Abarth here although I spend hours in testing the cut penalties with the Formula Agile. But the Abarth is about the opposite of the Agile in drive characteristics so that brought me nothing.

I'm sorry @Kek700 Ernie for the kicking of the server. I can't do anything to that. It's the 'punishment' for not complying the drive through penalty. It's not configurable.

The warning messages appear on the top screen in the middle. If you activate the Chat app they will also appear there together with other messages.
@KDiesel @garyb 76 You two also got a drive through penalty. Did you see the message?

Also apologies for the mixed up liveries. I haven't got a clue what caused it.

On request of some of you next week a not obscure nice flat track.

THERE ARE ONLY 11 PARTICIPANTS FOR THE FORMULA AGILE 2x25min RACE TONIGHT. IF YOU CAN, PLEASE JOIN AS A PREPARATION FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2023 F1 LOOK ALIKE, STARTING 2nd MARCH IN BAHRAIN!

Last edited:
Surprised to hear from Han that I'd done 127 laps here on the practice server! Good job I liked the track as my race was very short :(

I did indeed jump on the server if I had some spare time and it was a great experience to chip away at the track to finally get a 3:50.1 around here. Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce that in practice and quali and was 1.5sec off what I could normally achieve.

Had a good battle with Robert for two laps but two into one wouldn't go into the chicane and I ended up in the bushes, struggling to get out. I then head butted a sign a few corners latter and thought I'd been skewered by a post so decided to leave.

A bit disappointing but I'd enjoyed the circuit anyway.

Really enjoyed this race although my 2nd stint was very lonely. Love this challenging track with it's visuals. Also is the long straight great in racing the Mazda's. I think that the Abarths make up about 2,5s there but also loosing that in the other parts.

Congrats to the podium. Amazing pace guys! I haven't practiced much with the Abarth here although I spend hours in testing the cut penalties with the Formula Agile. But the Abarth is about the opposite of the Agile in drive characteristics so that brought me nothing.

I'm sorry @Kek700 Ernie for the kicking of the server. I can't do anything to that. It's the 'punishment' for not complying the drive through penalty. It's not configurable.

The warning messages appear on the top screen in the middle. If you activate the Chat app they will also appear there together with other messages.
@KDiesel @garyb 76 You two also got a drive through penalty. Did you see the message?

Also apologies for the mixed up liveries. I haven't got a clue what caused it.

On request of some of you next week a not obscure nice flat track.

THERE ARE ONLY 11 PARTICIPANTS FOR THE FORMULA AGILE 2x25min RACE TONIGHT. IF YOU CAN, PLEASE JOIN AS A PREPARATION FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2023 F1 LOOK ALIKE, STARTING 2nd MARCH IN BAHRAIN!
Sorry, can't do Thurdays. Shame it's not Tuesday as I'm free that day

Last edited:
I got 2 cuts on the lap I pitted, one exiting the pits, and another I have no idea where. Re notification, I had no idea until a chat box opened up saying I'd got 3 warnings, which seemed a bit late. A similar system to the one you're using is Real Penalty - this warns you audibly and on screen as soon as you go out of limits, and you can set how much you need to slow down to recover from the penalty https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/real-penalty-tool.29591/

Thanks for organising Han, got home late, ate tea ('dinner' to southerners:roflmao:) during quali, then tried to stay out of trouble, which seemed to work OK. Congrats to the podium guys!

Anyone know how to mute Discord sound in-race? Nobody's fault, but find talking when racing wrecks the little concentration I have:unsure:
In Discord you can bind a wheel button to mute

Thanks Colin, I've enabled push-to-talk, it was how to mute the earphones during the race I meant:)

You add a "Toggle Deafen" keybinding....

Screenshot 2023-02-16 100211.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I did not see the start lights count down in this race, did not see any warnings, had not a clue if I had transgressed any white line transgression. Came off twice.
So I was racing blind to all the electronics that were counting against me, made me feel as If the whole race was pointless. I even watched my whole race afterward. You would be hard pressed to find any transgression that represented even the remotest form of cheating.
It looks though I left AMS2 behind only for it to eventually catch up to me now in AC.
The whole irony of it was I let John and Fulvio past with out fighting, mainly because of this circuits situation, hardly the action of a cheat. I also slowly followed the five Mazdas in front of me at the start and did not challenge because of the circuit and wandered slowly off line, another penalty I did not see.

Lost loads of points in this championship. I have given up, no point any more.

I did 40 min of racing, I defy anyone to watch the whole 40 minutes of my racing without knowing we’re the cheats were and spot them. And as for gaining time they were all loss of time , that is the irony if it all.

Last edited:
Anybody know if it’s possible to move the warning messages on the screen? I race in VR and the messages appear way up in the sky so are easy to miss and error inducing when lifting my head to try and read them.
I think the latest CSP 1.79 has a few VR tweeks for the HUD. You may want to check in there although i think the messages are in red and easy enough to see in VR?

Well, I did not see the start lights count down in this race, did not see any warnings, had not a clue if I had transgressed any white line transgression. Came off twice.
So I was racing blind to all the electronics that were counting against me, made me feel as If the whole race was pointless. I even watched my whole race afterward. You would be hard pressed to find any transgression that represented even the remotest form of cheating.
It looks though I left AMS2 behind only for it to eventually catch up to me now in AC.
The whole irony of it was I let John and Fulvio past with out fighting, mainly because of this circuits situation, hardly the action of a cheat. I also slowly followed the five Mazdas in front of me at the start and did not challenge because of the circuit and wandered slowly off line, another penalty I did not see.

Lost loads of points in this championship. I have given up, no point any more.

I did 40 min of racing, I defy anyone to watch the whole 40 minutes of my racing without knowing we’re the cheats were and spot them. And as for gaining time they were all loss of time , that is the irony if it all.
I'm really sorry to hear that Ernie :(
It seems like you were the only one running into such issues so I'll look into this.
I'm quick in skimming through replays and now that I got server access for the stracker thing, I'll have the server logs to know where to look.
So don't worry about it becoming like ams2. I'll find out what was going wrong for you yesterday and make sure that it won't!
I’ll take a look, the messages I see are always in white and appear up high. They appear in the same place and look the same as the message I get for people joining and leaving the server.
I'll have a look for this too. I can't test it since I don't have a vr headset, but I'll do a little research!

If all were catching in this speed trap is little ol' Ernie, I'm not sure it's working as intended :roflmao:

Most tracks that aren't airport service roads :p have proper limits that ding you in quali if you go out or grass/dirt that slows you down, already a "penality" for going off track. This one might have been a hard example to test.

For championships I like the idea of all the penalties we can get, aka, ways to get free spots ahead of you ;), but for weekly fun races, I personally feel like racing without off track penalities was working without issue.

Just my 2 cents though. Appreciate you always trying to make our racing better Han :)

Oh, I forgot:
I need a replay! :D

In the acsm results, you can see this though, so I don't even need the server logs:
1676561842863.png

Lap times of these 2 laps were 2 of the 3 fastest laps of your race, Ernie, which is why it counted for the warnings.
I'll need to check the replay for what happened there. But since you could only cut in Sector 1, it's quickly done once I'll get a replay from one of you :)

@Alfred Wayne seems to be awake, do you have a full replay? :p

Last edited:

Latest News

Back