AC MCMC - multi car mini championship

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
First time on this track, and when you get it right, it's a fun flowing race :thumbsup: Same with that Praga. You really have to line up your turn and get your speed right, otherwise you're frantically trying to reel the rear end in with the throttle. Not that I or anyone else did that today... :whistling::D

Really like the idea of the different but same cars on the track. Makes for an interesting "game plan" on where to overtake and where to defend. Forget who, but someone in the Audi did a really nice job using the inside line on that big hairpin while the pragas had to stay to the outside.

Ended my day post pit stop with about 15 min left and Richard behind me. Worried he might get by, I sped the process up and went off about a lap later myself :laugh: Stayed within 1s or 2s of him till I was done "analyzing his moves" :geek: and then almost beat him to the finish line last lap, but he held on .3s ahead :thumbsup:

Congrats to the winners and finisher and thanks for putting this all together Markus!

Thanks for a great race everyone, and thanks again for organising the whole thing Markus!

I had some really interesting battles in my Audi with Markus and Gunnar's Pragas, with the cars and drivers having different strengths in various parts of the track.

The real "uh oh" moment came for me when I thought I'd got my fuel strategy spot on, only to realise it was a 40 minute + 1 lap race. I think that caught one or two others out because I saw a few people come in on the last lap! Thankfully I had enough of a cushion behind to take it relatively easy and just about get the thing over the line on fumes :D

Spent some time early on behind Ernie, those Porsches look a right handful in the corners but once they're back on the straights they are GONE. Makes for some really interesting battles, especially with Portimao next!

...like looking at a Porsche from behind and trying not to break the golden rule.

...like not changing tires.

Screenshot 2022-05-24 222031.jpg

...like the best race of my career. ;)

But fun. I'm looking forward to the next races. :thumbsup:

The real "uh oh" moment came for me when I thought I'd got my fuel strategy spot on, only to realise it was a 40 minute + 1 lap race.
Yes, I was one unfortunate (or should I say dumb) guy who also didn't realize that. Had 1l fuel at the 2nd sector of the penultimate lap. So a second pit stop was unavoidable which did cost me two places...

But I had a lot of fun anyways, especially with you again @danny26 !

Next race in 14 days... I'll have to do quite a lot of practice laps in the abomination aka Porsche!

For me it was first time as well, but I instantly liked the track. The race was very nice as well, quite clean. I am not racing often recently so I tottaly improvised with the strategy :) I am the worst strategist ever so I had to find a keyboard while driving and find keys to show the pit menu and add some liters because I would end up 2 or 3 laps before the end so I lost touch with leading cars. It was quite a challenge, VR racing has its downsides :D @Reik Major nice fight in the end, I did what I could to defend as clean as possible :) But that last lap quite surprised me, I thought it was just 40 minutes and that's it :D

Well that was a pointless race for the Porsche, basically it is very difficult to overtake.
So I assumed if I could get a reasonable place ( which I did ) and keep it, silly me had completely forgot that I was in the end just going to be punted off.
It got so bad I could not drive, just always expecting to be punted, which invariably came quickly or took a short while.
I have raced all the other tracks, I saw no disadvantages here than elsewhere.
In the end I just gave up.:(
So I was last and throwing the towel in made no difference.

PS had all that from those little squibbly things, the Audi drivers seemed more relaxed.

Last edited:
Aargh, I got caught out by the mandatory stop announcement right before race start. I thought of going to softs for the last stint.. Good reminder to actually read the first post :)

Qualified in pole by putting a good lap in. Reik jumped me on the start but made a mistake and spun on lap 2. After that Fulvio was closing in on me until he came in. I stopped with about 10 mins to go from the lead and changed tyres not realizing it would take that long. I was thinking the field would pass me by during the stop but luckily still came out in 2nd. Too bad, it could have been a close battle for the lead with Fulvio otherwise. Well done there!

Also, I don't hear anything from you guys on the discord. I see people are talking but can't hear anything. I played on discord just yesterday with a friend and that went fine.. strange.

Thanks for organizing this Markus!

Last edited:
I have raced all the other tracks, I saw not disadvantages here than elsewhere.
In the end I just gave up.:(
So I was last and throwing the towel in made no difference.
Aaaaw that's a shame. Too bad. Hope the next rounds work a LOT better for you!
I only saw your Porsche for a very short time, but it was terrifying nevertheless!
On to the next race, yes?

Well that was a pointless race for the Porsche, basically it is very difficult to overtake.

Sorry to hear that mate :(

I'd noticed when I was practicing against AI that the Porsche didn't really carry any pace through the long slow corners and I know that the rear end is an absolute handful, so when following yours I was consciously braking quite early knowing that one slight tap would likely send it round.

It could be worth a casual reminder to the non-Porsche drivers to be aware of that potential issue?

I just looked at the replay, pretty much as I said, unfortunately, I was probably more affected by the hopelessness of it all, hence I think it was over-exaggerated in my mind.:(

For me it was first time as well, but I instantly liked the track. The race was very nice as well, quite clean. I am not racing often recently so I tottaly improvised with the strategy :) I am the worst strategist ever so I had to find a keyboard while driving and find keys to show the pit menu and add some liters because I would end up 2 or 3 laps before the end so I lost touch with leading cars. It was quite a challenge, VR racing has its downsides :D @Reik Major nice fight in the end, I did what I could to defend as clean as possible :) But that last lap quite surprised me, I thought it was just 40 minutes and that's it :D
Yeah, the last 4 laps were intense! You defended extremely well, because you seemed to know pretty well in which spots you had to close which line. I never found a way next to you. :thumbsup:

In general a race to learn a lot from for the "last" 3 races. I was happy with my pace but over shot a braking point in lap 3 to loose the lead. It was a bit hard to see in but my mistake. I couldn't find a rhythm so more mistakes followed. :poop:

When pitting I intended to take preset 1 but didn't notice preset 3 was enabled. :poop: I also over shot the pit box having to reverse. :poop:

So finally I can't complain still finishing 4th after so many mistakes.

After the race is before the race!​

In round 2 we'll visit the Algarve International Circuit (or Portimão Circuit) in Portugal.
This time we'll have a couple more Porsches around, so the Audis and Pragas need to be EXTRA careful not to crash the Porsches from behind when they need to start braking...

The in-game starting time will be set one hour later (with a lower time multiplier), since yesterday you guys told me that at the start of the race it was too dark outside for some of us.

Try the next track offline with AI in all the three cars here:​

But be warned, the AI is extra extra aggressive, so they'll punt other cars off the track easily!

Lastly, if you know some friends who also might enjoy this format, tell them about our MCMC - Multi Car Mini Championship!

Cheers,
Markus

Not the best race for me. Started with a 20sec penalty from the pits for false start. Never use the clutch and select gear in the Audi, well i forgot cos i have been driving a lot of old Manual cars lately. A couple of laps later i managed to arrive to see a few Pragas fighting with a Porsche on the side of the road, bad luck Ernie. We can all look forward to dealing with that monster. No real drama after that but constantly felt i was overdriving the Audi most of the time and probably would of been faster if i slowed down. Anyway, finishing last on road is not the best fun to be had but hay ho in the next round i will shine :roflmao:

Regarding next round... I'm one of the Porsche drivers, and wanted to ask you guys if there is some setup magic to make this car a BIT more forgiving? e.g. on each crest, if I use too much throttle it just spins out of control. And I need to slow down a LOT before each corner so the car doesn't oversteer into oblivion...
Any setup gurus around who have some suggestions or even a complete, more forgiving setup?

I’ll sort something out for you Markus.
Just let me know if you are interested.

It’s main problem which has been talked about before, not sure about the rest of the circuits, although I have a good idea, I may be wrong.

Is your vunrability to others knocking you off the circuit.
You just cannot neatly and predictably go around a corner and accommodate a faster, in corner opponent.
They will eventually loose patience and around you will go.

This is a le mans car, so the straights give you sufficient time to negotiate the corners.

I’ll sort something out for you Markus.
Just let me know if you are interested.

It’s main problem which has been talked about before, not sure about the rest of the circuits, although I have a good idea, I may be wrong.

Is your vunrability to others knocking you off the circuit.
You just cannot neatly and predictably go around a corner and accommodate a faster, in corner opponent.
They will eventually loose patience and around you will go.

This is a le mans car, so the straights give you sufficient time to negotiate the corners.
I'd be interested in a setup too please

I am so far from an Alien I actually live on the opposite end of the universe.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

This is a difficult car, not sure there is any setup that goes close to taming this beastie.

for me it is okay, does not mean it will, suit you sir.

I have put my meagre time I achieved to give you something to aim for.

The first gear is high, to try and tame the gear that will give an instant scenery visit.

PS
I have consulted my two race engineers specifically for this task.download.jpg

Attachments

• 1-51-0.6.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 43

Latest News

Back