AC MCMC - multi car mini championship

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks again for the race everyone!

I couldn't handle the white whale, so my target tonight was simple - finish cleanly and don't get lapped a third time. I had a good little battle early on behind Taj, and Robert and I saw some action for a couple of laps when our pit strategies overlapped, but other than that it was all 'apexes and exits, Danny, apexes and exits' to quote Crew Chief Jim. From some of the chatter on Discord it sounded like there was a lot of intense action going on further up the field, but all I could do in my giant German tribute to turbo lag was wave at everyone as they passed by.

Congratulations to the podiums and to Hank for picking up the main prize in the draw!

And a massive thank you to Markus who organised a sublime little series. I really enjoyed the locations, the cars (well, 2 out of the 3) and the random aspect of the conditions. Every race felt very different, in a good way! Looking forward to whatever comes next :D

The weird world of sim racing, I needed a pee, did not have time, panicked, ran out of time, loaded the wrong setup in , could not change my tyres, and was supposed to be on hards.
I was going to give up, but I enjoyed my battle with Reik so much.
I thought I would see how far I could go on, completely wrong tyre pressures, one red tyre and mediums all the way.
:confused:
PS
Well done Hank:):):):)

Last edited:
Thank you all for participating in this series! It was quite the experience for me - hope you all enjoyed it as well! I didn't expect the Porsche to be that far behind on pretty much every track... Guess if there were tracks with even longer straights, that wouldn't have been an issue. But since everyone had to drive each car at least once, I guess it all evened out in the end.

GG to Reik for winning the championship!
Second place goes to Laurent, and third place to Fulvio (who only participated in three races, so that's quite the achievement!)

TyGfkU0.png

also...

THE WHEEL HAS CHOSEN!
We have the winner of the
1 yr free Premium RD Membership!

It's...

@H_Belane !

@Taj Johal At least it wasn't in a car where the braking distance was less than 500m :p Shame though, we had a nice little battle at the beginning :thumbsup:

Managed to not make myself traffic for blue flags and only go off track twice (once of my own doing) and hold my spot in quali. All in all, I'm happy to survive :)

Thanks Markus for putting this all together. Really enjoyed my time in the Audi, good pick of a car :thumbsup: And thanks everyone else for showing up and driving hard. Good racing on my end.

Congrats Reik for the overall championship, and nice one Richard, managed to steal 4th place overall from me by 1 point :confused: Your sponsors will love that :laugh:

Last edited:
Sorry @Kek700 for the touch in the end of lap one! The corner is so tight, so I shouldn't have tried to drive next to you through it on the inside. It was just your corner.

After a good start from pole I was a bit on the outside for T 1 because there was a Porsche steaming through on the inside. I got a light touch from Gunnar behind, so Hank and Ernie slipped through on the inside.

Me in P 3 behind Ernie it wasn't easy to find the right pace, because this track needs a very good rhythm, which isn't easy to get into, when chasing someone. It turned out that overtaking was very tough, so there was no way passing Ernie, who defended vey well. So I pitted early in the race, leaving the tyres on, only refilling 1 L fuel.

I stayed in P 3 and after a while Hank pitted, dropping behind me. Very close to the end of the pit window Ernie pitted so I got into the lead.

Finally bringing it home in P 1 with a bit worn tyres. So I'm happy with that.

Thank you very much @abecede for hosting this littel championship!

The weird world of sim racing, I needed a pee, did not have time, panicked, ran out of time, loaded the wrong setup in , could not change my tyres, and was supposed to be on hards.
I was going to give up, but I enjoyed my battle with Reik so much.
I thought I would see how far I could go on, completely wrong tyre pressures, one red tyre and mediums all the way.
:confused:
PS
Well done Hank:):):):)
Considering your words, you performed very well mate. :thumbsup:

Didn't expect to still finish in P2 but I'll take it. As I mentioned before I am busy moving, selling my house etc. So not much time for simming or anything else at the moment really. 2 hours before the Lausitzring race my rig was assembled but my computer wasn't hooked up yet, so I had to do all the wiring etc right before the race. Yesterday I had never driven the track before joining the practice server. I must say I do like the layout of Sachsenring quite a bit. Top job from the modders on both!

I ran the Porsche 2 times because I just like it the most from the cars on offer. The Praga is also very nice to drive while the Audi is not really my taste. I wish I had some more time to work on setup for the Porsche and get it the way I want but that's for a next time. I was enjoying just racing again!

Congrats to Reik on the win and Markus for putting it all together! It was interesting to try these wildly different cars together but I don't think I will join another such races/championships. I still think same era/car class is better for racing.

Latest News

Back