AC Mazda MX5 Cup @ Mugello - Mon 09 Mar 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I’d like to apologise @HF2000 Han for punting him off, come to think of it, also apologise for punting him off last week, while I’m at it I would like to apologise to Han for next week too.:rolleyes:

why when someone in front of me runs wide, I follow!!!

Well done to the podiums for their amazingly times.:)

Well done for organisation John and Denis.:)

Well done to me, I really struggle with these cars:(

A big thank you to everybody that raced this evening. You guys made a great event and that makes the event so worthwhile to organise. I'll try to come up with something fun for next week. I only hope that we can get decent fields like that more often.

You are not alone. :roflmao:

A special mention to @HF2000 , I kept hearing your name this evening. It seems like you got the :poop:y end of the stick on numerous occasions this evening. Sorry about that and sorry for the touch near the end of Race 2. I felt I'd left enough room on the outside and didn't wanna compromise my line any further. I think we hit a bump and there was contact. I shouted, but I didn't hear back from you. :( It was just after that, when I heard that Ernie had some contact with you, so I felt bad for you. Hope you get better luck in the next one buddy. :)

Damn that was an intense one. Thanks @Denis Betty as always for organizing :thumbsup: and congrats to the podiums and those incredible times :confused:

Race 1 had a lot of highlights for me. After the big crash in lap 1, I found myself at P10 right in front of @Kek700 and @Denis Betty. I was already set for some good laps of defending when suddenly, at the start finish straight, I had a short freeze (guess network problems again) just to find me behind Ernie and Denis :poop::poop: At the following T1 I commited an attempted murder at Ernie and Denis. Breaking very late, loosing the rear and sliding through between those two :roflmao::roflmao: Luckily I did not hit anybody and it did not cost a lot of time. The rest of the race I had a nice battle until the end with Denis :thumbsup: . Sorry for the one in the last turn. There was so much space at the inside, I could not resist to try it.

Race 2 was meh. Spun once and later on got hit by another spinning car. @Denis Betty I just checked the replay out of curiosity. We did not touch, you got hit in the back. That surprised me. Had no idea that we were 3 guys going into the corner.

Apologies to who ever I hit on the first lap. I was experiencing terrible stutter during the qualy & it just got worse at the start of the race - cars in front of me were lagging & my Oculus needed to be constantly reset.

Thanks for putting the race on Denis.
Actually I think I hit you because of the guy in front of you spun and therefore you hit the brakes but that was too sudden for me. I didn't consider it my fault so I didn't wait. Sorry you had to leave the race.

A big thank you to everybody that raced this evening. You guys made a great event and that makes the event so worthwhile to organise. I'll try to come up with something fun for next week. I only hope that we can get decent fields like that more often.

You are not alone. :roflmao:

A special mention to @HF2000 , I kept hearing your name this evening. It seems like you got the :poop:y end of the stick on numerous occasions this evening. Sorry about that and sorry for the touch near the end of Race 2. I felt I'd left enough room on the outside and didn't wanna compromise my line any further. I think we hit a bump and there was contact. I shouted, but I didn't hear back from you. :( It was just after that, when I heard that Ernie had some contact with you, so I felt bad for you. Hope you get better luck in the next one buddy. :)
First thanks for organising because I had a lot of fun:thumbsup:. I just love the MX5 on every track. And seeing the grid, so do others. I'm in for a regular MX5 day.
Incredible lap times from the aliens. Somehow @Aksu got behind me and I can't understand how he has a better exit in almost every turn. I think it was when he passed me that incident you mentioned occured. Being nervous with Aki on my tail I shifted wrong and lost a lot of speed so several cars took advantage of that :( . And yes I had a couple of contacts this race but now I thinking that it has something to do with the way I defend. Maybe @Kek700 has some tips for me as he has a lot of experience with being on my tail. And I don't mean: "just let me pass":D.

Actually I think I hit you because of the guy in front of you spun and therefore you hit the brakes but that was too sudden for me. I didn't consider it my fault so I didn't wait. Sorry you had to leave the race.

I'm sorry that you got caught up in the crash & to everyone else for that matter. It was definitely my fault. I should've pulled out after the qualy when things weren't going well with my Oculus. Going forward, I'm going to have to start @ the back of the grid until my Oculus is fixed via an update or I find a suitable (affordable) replacement. :(

I’d like to apologise @HF2000 Han for punting him off, come to think of it, also apologise for punting him off last week, while I’m at it I would like to apologise to Han for next week too.:rolleyes:

Well done to the podiums for their amazingly times.:)

Well done for organisation John and Denis.:)

Well done to me, I really struggle with these cars:(

Sorry Ernie for the spin in race 2. I got a flyer through turns 4 and 5 and got 3/4 along side you on outside. I don't think you seen me and turned into me just before the fast right.
I wasn't sure who's fault it was but I'm thinking it was a big risk for me to place my car there to begin with. So I waited and let what seemed like the whole field pass lol.

Thanks Denis for the race, was really great fun and tight racing due to the cars. Wish someone would let the rest of us in on the secret re lap times so low with the top 5 or so guys. Unreal times.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

I obviously did something wrong yesterday, and I would like to make sure I understand correctly what happend to avoid it in the future and to be aware of what I should do instead.

You certainly told me, but I am not native English (French speaking, from Belgium), plus the sound of AC was covering TS sound, plus you speek fast... All in all I did not get much of the message.

So...

I understood that when I came back on track, incoming cars were too close, and I was not up to speed when they reached me.
I should have been more carefull watching the incoming cars, and either:
1 - rather wait after they all passed before coming back on track, or,
2 - stay on inner (or outer?) side of the track to let them pass by.

--> 1 or 2?

Also, the 2nd leader splipped and went outside the track when he passed me (+1 lap). Was it my fault? I had in mind to keep on the side to let him pass, I think that is what I did.

--> should I have done otherwise?

Anyway, sorry for the disturbance. I am aware I am a terrible racer, but I like driving with the team... Be sure I do my best to avoid ruining your pleasure, but that's the best I can do.

Hope you don't mind...

Last edited:
Morning everyone!

Wow, what an experience!! That was fantastic. Absolutely ecstatic with how it went, how my mediocre PC handled the performance and the thrill of it all. I only came 6th and 5th but I may as well have came first in my head.

Enjoyed that so much. Can't wait to do it again. First time doing sim racing online and definitely not the last :) That last lap against who was in orange (sorry I didn't catch your name) through that last sector had me properly on edge!

Cheers guys, thanks for the awesome racing. Can't wait to do it again.

Also, the 2nd leader splipped and went outside the track when he passed me (+1 lap). Was it my fault? I had in mind to keep on the side to let him pass, I think that is what I did.

Hey @Devidin. I was and I am still in your shoes and was questioning myself about how to react correctly under a blue flag too. Take a look at this thread, you may find it useful click me

@Devidin Since we're all on teamspeak, don't be shy and come on voice and just express what you're going to do and frankly I should have done the same..

I think a couple of things happened at the same time that made it difficult:
- Aki was in your rear view mirror which was probably both intimidating and also hard to see anything else in the mirrors
- He then came on TS and you moved which is ideal and you did
- What I should have done at that point is also come on voice and ask you to hold your line
- Because I didn't say anything and you couldn't see me, our lines "crossed" and it was unfortunate

These things happen. It's not real life, there are no prizes and it's not a big deal at all. I hope you continue to join the team here and enjoy many many future races. The thread @640er linked is great also.

@Devidin Since we're all on teamspeak, don't be shy and come on voice and just express what you're going to do and frankly I should have done the same..

- Aki was in your rear view mirror which was probably both intimidating and also hard to see anything else in the mirrors
- What I should have done at that point is also come on voice and ask you to hold your line
- Because I didn't say anything and you couldn't see me, our lines "crossed" and it was unfortunate

These things happen. It's not real life, there are no prizes and it's not a big deal at all. I hope you continue to join the team here and enjoy many many future races. The thread @640er linked is great also.

If I understand correctly I have been between you (RobertR1) and Aki ? For sure there is one I did not even see!!! You were 2nd and Aki 3rd?
I use "radar" though... too bad I don't have a replay of the event to better undersand.

Hello guys,

I obviously did something wrong yesterday, and I would like to make sure I understand correctly what happend to avoid it in the future and to be aware of what I should do instead.

You certainly told me, but I am not native English (French speaking, from Belgium), plus the sound of AC was covering TS sound, plus you speek fast... All in all I did not get much of the message.

So...

I understood that when I came back on track, incoming cars were too close, and I was not up to speed when they reached me.
I should have been more carefull watching the incoming cars, and either:
1 - rather wait after they all passed before coming back on track, or,
2 - stay on inner (or outer?) side of the track to let them pass by.

--> 1 or 2?

Anyway, sorry for the disturbance. I am aware I am a terrible racer, but I like driving with the team... Be sure I do my best to avoid ruining your pleasure, but that's the best I can do.

Hope you don't mind...
I want to answer this also.. My english is not so good when speaking in middle of the race also so easier to write it up ;-)
First of all this has happened to all of us.. for me it was about 1400 assetto hours ago but still :ninja: You should have seen blue flags already that time when I asked on teamspeak that "Devidin would you give a room". And you did that perfectly! Leaving racing line free for me and I didn't lost time at all when overtaking. That's how it's done by the book. GREAT!

The problem occurred when @RobertR1 drove 2 seconds behind me on 2. place.. so when you came back on track you blocked his racing line and incident happened. I know that you couldn't saw him at your mirrors because when you gave room for me end went outside of track your mirrors face to somewhere else than Robert's car.

Nevertheless ;-) incidents happen and that's racing but because you asked what you should do in future..
The method I did use (and used ever since) is this:
Use real time app. It shows you exact seconds how many seconds cars are in front of you and behind you. It also shows on what position they are racing so you know if there is tight battle going on and they are going to lap you you need to give free pass to both of them :)
You know what I mean?

And to end.. Keep up racing! Don't care about that you are still slower than others. Do it for fun and you will improve after every race! :thumbsup:
Concentrate to drive race with with good consistency and your times will improve by itself. Trust me in this one ;-)

If you have any question about racing.. setups.. etc.. feel free to PM me and let see what we can do :geek:

And there we see that someone wrote little faster than me :D:

If I understand correctly I have been between you (RobertR1) and Aki ? For sure there is one I did not even see!!! You were 2nd and Aki 3rd?
I use "radar" though... too bad I don't have a replay of the event to better undersand.
If you use Content-Manager, the last 5? replays will be saved automatically until they get overwritten. Check out the "Media" tab. Took me some time to find this out but it is a precious source of learning material :)

I can upload you the replay to my GoogleDrive when I am back home if you want it. Just PM me

Latest News

Back