AC Mazda MX5@Brands Hatch, Wednesday 6th April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Did a few laps with the Mazda and I really, really, really hate this track. When you finally get T1 right for once and start hoping for a good lap only to see after T4 that you're already half a second behind you're sessionbest with all those difficult corners yet to come, you begin to overdrive the car and ending in the grass or more then 1,5s behind. It's impossible for me to be consistent here.
For the race I will turn off every app that shows me the laptimes and hope that these 45 minutes will pass quickly:notworthy::(.

Whoever designed this track must either have been a sadist, a lunatic or a race hater!

I have the same feelings guys... although I really enjoy the unforgiving nature of this track.

That would make me a masochist I guess . . . ? :roflmao:

Don't forget to bring your sunglasses guys. With all these complaints about Brands, I wouldn't want the sun to get in your eyes and mess up your line :cool: :laugh:

That said, I'm going to be disappointed in myself if I find I'm staring at your tail lights all race as I actually... kind of like this track :redface::D

Last edited:
That was a nice good night read :roflmao: :roflmao:
Currently uncertain about tomorrow evening but I love the Mazda and I love Brands Hatch.
For some weird reason, although I'm not the fastest here, I'm barely going off at all.
I just have this feeling of instincts kicking in, guiding me around.

I also somehow dig to turn in, not knowing where you'll end up. Neither for the apex, nor for the exit but I mostly survive and have fun :D

Hopefully I'll be free and able to join you spontaneously :)

Did a few laps with the Mazda and I really, really, really hate this track. When you finally get T1 right for once and start hoping for a good lap only to see after T4 that you're already half a second behind you're sessionbest with all those difficult corners yet to come, you begin to overdrive the car and ending in the grass or more then 1,5s behind. It's impossible for me to be consistent here.
For the race I will turn off every app that shows me the laptimes and hope that these 45 minutes will pass quickly:notworthy::(.

Whoever designed this track must either have been a sadist, a lunatic or a race hater!
I feel much the same way but in my last practice I started to really enjoy the challenge and figure a few things out. I was originally going to take the Audi but the Mazda, for me, is much more fun.

I'll be available for Audi duty in the next races so the numbers don't become too unbalanced.

But now I'm curious which track the other guys dislike the most.
Difficult question.. I dislike tracks where I'm slow, not in control of the car and can't get right.
Nürburgring is definitely on the list. There's no corner that's easy or fun for me. Although it can be fun racing there in general!

Monza is mostly fun but I hate that you only have this one little splitsecond for each corner to get it right or lose a lot of time or crash...

VIR and Thruxton are probably true dislikes though. Don't like the colours of them, hate the endless grass areas and although the tracks are wide, it's mostly full on at the limit with little room to play with.

Silverstone was very difficult to enjoy until it clicked and I finally got to a decent pace with the correct lines. Then it started to become fun!

Ok. Brand Hatch is clearly for some of our drivers the least favorite track.
But now I'm curious which track the other guys dislike the most.
So let's hear them please in this thread.
It has to be VIR for me (so far!), I just could not get my head around the nature of the combination of corners.

I don't mind Brands Hatch (famous last words :rolleyes:), I guess I have driven it so much that it feels like a comfortable pair of slippers!

But generally I like tracks with good overtaking opportunities, usually long straights with hard braking zones ( e.g. Road America and Slovakiaring).

VIR and Thruxton are probably true dislikes though. Don't like the colours of them, hate the endless grass areas and although the tracks are wide, it's mostly full on at the limit with little room to play with

Aye! I don't VIR or Thruxton either. Very annoying tracks.

Though I love Brands Hatch. Always have since DTM Race Driver, then Race 07, then AC/ACC. Watching the British GT do multiclass around that track on Youtube is just fantastic.

As fun as it is to drive on the Nordschleiffe, I don't like racing it. Had a terrible time on it in the last race of the GT3 championship. Didn't qualify so had to start behind the GT4 and at that point it just becomes a hotlap session.

Not a big fan of the Tilke dromes like Bahrain. It has no character, though I do think his Hockenheim is better then the original. Tracks like Ahvenisto are great fun too in cars like the Caterham(or mx-5, hint hint ;) ).

Just had another look through the list in AC, and there's not much that I really really hate. Some tracks I just don't vibe with as much or have elements that destroy the flow(Barcelona... that chicane...). There's just so much to drive in AC which is one of the great things about it!

I’m with Paul on this, VIR, spent ages on this circuit, never get it right, hate the place.
Although to be fair when in a FWD car, it is okay. FWD is always so much easier for me, it mostly solves all my circuit problems, even Laguna Seca, another hated circuit of mine.

Latest News

Back