AC Mazda MX5@Brands Hatch, Wednesday 6th April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
On the BTCC cars: I tried all three of them on the Deutschlandring (my favorite testtrack). I'm about 3s slower with the Volvo but the others are within a second of eachother which is very close for a 10km circuit. But I did only three laps with each car.
But they are a delight on this track. Now thinking of a Fat-Alfie championship with these cars.
Will try them on the Battenbergring (looks like this one is coming soon) also.
I had the impression that the Volvo was the faster from the three. At least statistically seeing from the races with the 3 of them on from Simracing.gp. I only joined one and almost everyone went for the volvo and all the top places were volvos as well.

Or maybe we're talking about different mods?

Anyone who has the time, please try these three cars and compare their performance. Carsten has done this already but it
Any chance of the links plzzzz,would,nt mind driving these again..

There are more BTCC cars from different eras in the Download section, but at least on paper BOP would be a nightmare :O_o:

As for which car is fastest the experiences differ greatly and it may even be track dependent.
For example the Volvo is "out of the box" (get it ;)) a fast and very wellbehaved Lady but with a little suspension tinkering I got the Beemer within 1/10.

So most of you won´t have to wonder which car I`d choose :cool:.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
I guess it's going to be a MONOclass next wednesday? :coffee:

Mono.png

Did a few laps with the Mazda and I really, really, really hate this track. When you finally get T1 right for once and start hoping for a good lap only to see after T4 that you're already half a second behind you're sessionbest with all those difficult corners yet to come, you begin to overdrive the car and ending in the grass or more then 1,5s behind. It's impossible for me to be consistent here.
For the race I will turn off every app that shows me the laptimes and hope that these 45 minutes will pass quickly:notworthy::(.

Whoever designed this track must either have been a sadist, a lunatic or a race hater!

Did a few laps with the Mazda and I really, really, really hate this track. When you finally get T1 right for once and start hoping for a good lap only to see after T4 that you're already half a second behind you're sessionbest with all those difficult corners yet to come, you begin to overdrive the car and ending in the grass or more then 1,5s behind. It's impossible for me to be consistent here.
For the race I will turn off every app that shows me the laptimes and hope that these 45 minutes will pass quickly:notworthy::(.

Whoever designed this track must either have been a sadist, a lunatic or a race hater!
someone finally understands me! :whistling:

Latest News

Back