AC Mazda MX5@Brands Hatch, Wednesday 6th April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey chaps, I was thinking that with 21 Mazdas qualifying could be utter chaos so, how about we do an 'alphabetical split' with surnames and do the first half (blue) the first 10 minutes and the second half (yellow) the last 10 minutes? Is that an idea Han @HF2000 ?

View attachment 556019

P.S.1 : I went non-dutch with your surname @Casper de Wit, hope you don't mind. ;)
P.S.2 : New sign-ups can join the last 10 minute stint.
Hi Raul,

I think there's no need. All cars are from the same class so their a small gap will be enough for a clean lap.

Thinking of joining this actually! Password?
Hi Samuel,

I see that you registered already. How did you know the password?
Anyway, will you please enter your real name in your RaceDepartmentaccount/account details. There's a field called Real Name. It's one of the RD rules.

And please join us on Discord to hear the latest information and directions.

Last edited:
Well, I am sweating badly after that! Me and Enzo were doing pretty much the same lap times in quali and the race despite completely different lines, which was really entertaining. Either one of us could have won: really enjoyed that @Enzo Fazzi :thumbsup: Super great to be racing with you again. For pretty much the whole race we were within 2 seconds of each other in either order, great fun.

Thanks again for organising @HF2000! This was very enjoyable.

Simresults: https://simresults.net/220406-0xQ

My VR onboard with some great battles with Enzo (7:15 is the start of quali, 31:15 is the race):

Good race everyone! Had some good fight that unfortunately ended up in me shunting someone :( need to work on my race craft pretty poor :/

We've all been there mate, the main thing is you admit your mistakes and want to work on it. With more online races and more practice you'll be quids in :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dammit that started stressfull, as around 2030h i was called back to work to right a small oopsie.
( Can´t complain as it was my oopsie :notworthy:)

Got back in time to check my setup but didn´t do to well in quali.

Than I lost some positions in Paddock Hill and Druids by being considerate ( NOT cowardly :O_o:)

First midwayrace section I had some scrapping with Hank, was marginally faster but could´t force him into ( big enough) mistake,. Lars Thomas came closer and we scrapped happily, he tried the drag race from Surtees several times but could pinch him at Hawthorn Bend.

Then I got bored and gave several positions to people I like by doing silly outages to the country side.
In the final phase Hans Peter tried to take what I had left but I refused with a stern face and did not let him pass.

Conclusion:

Brands Hatch is maybe not the evil track I tried to make it, but I´m definitely not good enough to race (succesfully) on it.

MFG Carsten

Edith says.

Oh man, I completely to give honor who deserves it:

Allen completely tanned my hide by being a whopping 1,5sec faster per lap!! :notworthy:

Last edited:
Awesome racing for us guys around the p10 mark. Han passed me early and I tried to hang with him, but "lost drs" :) Then under pressure from Robert before having a cool few laps trying to pass Carsten (but couldn't, good defending!).
Then at the end big pressure from Andre who had a couple of tenths pace advantage on me. Really enjoyed it, thanks guys and as always big thanks to @HF2000 for keeping the AC racing club going :)

/LarsT

As an "audi driver" that was refreshingly different, especially with the full grid :thumbsup: . Had one of my better races as of late and managed to grab a few places along the way.

Great first few lap battle with Colin, who made it realllly hard to pass :thumbsup: . Then I watched Lars and Carsten play musical chairs while planning to tag myself in, only to get passed by Andre who didn't want to wait for me to join the party :cautious::laugh:. Eventually I joined and till the end we were all within a second or two (or less). Not much of a dull moment today!

Thanks for making this a Mazda day Han (on such a fun track too :D ). Like others said, depending on the track I very much like driving the audi, but for today, 23(?) mazdas at Brands was a great match. Shakes up the regular people you bump doors with :).

Last edited:
Good race, not driven the MX5 for a year. If I do join Wednesdays I always take the Audi. Poor start,I missed a gear change leaving T1 at the and the momentum cost me 3 positions in first few corners. When Allan spun, I closed down and hassled Andre for a while and we had some racing action until he made a mistake ( I enjoyed that Andre). 2 places back at least, after that the gap to Thomas I couldnt close, I would gain a bit and lose again to silly mistakes so it was a lonely drive for the remaining 30 mins or so. Well done podiums.

Note: I am sure I heard from Han on Discord 1:38s resulted in being ejected from the server. This means Chris and Enzo are technically disqualified and myself and Ernie are on the podium ;)

Don’t for the life of me know why I finished were I did, my qualifying place should have been my finish place.:roflmao::roflmao:
Managed to keep a fast charging Han at bay for the last half dozen laps, but it was a tall order without me making any mistakes.
Great racing with those I came across , very fair racing from all concerned.
Great event @HF2000 , many thanks for the organisation, amazing times from front runners, cannot wait to get back to the Audi.
An occasional Mazda is okay,but not every week. :O_o:

Long live FWD.
3F0CA64D-62F3-42AB-BDEC-9006370897F3.jpeg

Qualified P9 which I was happy with given the pace of the field. It was all really tight but I threw away a time that would have put me top 5-6.

Got a decent start and was running P10, I think. Made a move to get back to P9 but had to back out and someone hit me from behind, putting me back to 19th. I didn't save the replay to review but I think it was a racing incident.

Set off to make up some places as I had the pace. Caught up with Taj and had a couple of laps trying to get past. We had a touch and I waited but got past later.

Had a really good battle with Paul mid race, I had the pace but he was racing good lines and it took me a while.

Ended up in a three way battle at the end with Harry and Allan. Harry, it was me you bumped into on the last corner, probably I braked earlier than you expected. No problem as you waited. Allan let me by on the very last corner as he was caught up in the incident but I don't think he needed to.

P13 and I really need to get a copy of the replay to watch my race and the other battles.

Well done everyone and thanks to Han, as always.

Latest News

Back