Kart Racing

raced this weekend in the fkcs with kpp jr. yamaha jr. and tag jr as a substitute. kpp stayed in the front pack and came 5th, yamaha came 4th but with a dragging bumber so slower lost grip with the pack. tag i ran for ogp subbing and really good driver. started last of 15 karts and moved all the way up to 6th with a great race the whole time. was 5th but got passed on the last lap.

Ok well my excitement has taken a hit... I tore ligaments in my knee on Saturday in my football match, so I'm in crutches, however I have ignored the doctors, my teachers and my parents advice and am going to the qualifying session tomorrow to see if I can keep a good pace for the full race distance, I've been doing my homework and found this youtube video of the short circuit of the track (The races will be on the longer circuit)

Ok well my excitement has taken a hit... I tore ligaments in my knee on Saturday in my football match, so I'm in crutches, however I have ignored the doctors, my teachers and my parents advice and am going to the qualifying session tomorrow to see if I can keep a good pace for the full race distance, I've been doing my homework and found this youtube video of the short circuit of the track (The races will be on the longer circuit)

Is the kart you driver slower then the KZ2 (or KZ1) on the video? (Btw it was KZ's who had shifts or was it KF's?)

Noo not those karts :D

That was IRC Champion Kris Meeke doing a lap in his superkart, the karts we're using are slower than that.

Did the practise today, the pain wasn't too bad, just getting in and out of the kart was painful! Was shocked to find out that Nutts Corner has a new track figuration, and we were the first ever people to lap it, was pretty good layout, more challenging corners than the video.

Real things on Friday, top 2 teams get through to UK finals next month :)

Glad I didn't disappoint! :)

We came 1st overall in Northern Ireland, I myself surprisingly was joint highest point scorer in the whole event, with a 1st and a 2nd place finish in my two races. Got the national finals in 2 weeks :D Very very happy!

great job ross. maybe you'll be a good real go kart driver

Well I never really considered it, I thought I was just someone who did it for fun and was "not bad" at it. One of my best friends (who was also racing yesterday in my team - and joint top scored with me) races in the Northern Irish championship, I may consider buying a kart and racing a lot side him, but for that I need a good job... fast :)

this weekend ends the fwt formula kart series. next weekend ends the rotax championship. this weekend they crown 4 drivers to team fwt for the granja viana 500 in brazil and the tag cadet champion to the rok world finals. rotax junior, senior, dd2, and dd2 masters champs will go to Al Ain circuit in the united arab emirates for the rotax grand finals this november. also the driver with the most points in rotax junior and tag junior combined and a driver in rotax senior and tag sr with most points will win a driving school for skip barber.

last weekend was terrible for me. had several top runners in the fwt there with around 10 to 12 drivers there. we got a mini max motor that is very good for my brother and we decided to let him use mine and i use the mini max motor (change it to a junior). it was a ton faster as mine had no bottom end at all. we went to tech and the guy who gave us the motor forgot to give us the passport. so we had to switch the motors back and my brother couldn't run mini. i finished 11th out of 12 behind a kid who isn't good at all just because my motor won't pull out of the corners. now i'm second in points 5 points ahead of 3rd. hopefully we won't have any more problems and run in the front of the pack with the new motor and seal a seat to the grand nationals at miller motorsports park

while ago i was looking at helmet designers and made my own template see how it would look. what do guys think? RPM_Helmet.jpg

I used to design and paint helmets for my team members when we drove in FSR.
If you (or anyone else) want(s) I can perhaps sketch something up.

My works:

AMAHelmets.jpg

RenaultHelmets.jpg

AdvHelmets.jpg

Also I can tell you that this weekend I cleansed the kart to get it ready to be put up for sale.
Once that's done I will buy a newer kart, I'm leaning towards a brand at the moment but once everything is done you'll know ;)

Latest News

Back