Kart Racing

so you got in your kart and did this or is this rental karts? guys you havve no idea how sharp my mind has to be. have to listen when my tires lock up, figure out when to turn, push on the steering wheel to lock my elbows, figure out if i can gas aafter i brake since i'm in yamaha not rotax, and figure out how to make good moves which i think i figured out already.

My 2 stroke 100cc Yamaha did the trick, if you have a 4 stroke you won't be able to drift. On snow any line you take can still allow you to be quick but you need to be able to carry lots of speed into the corner and be able to keep that speed.

On dry track then TBH I do not pay attention to the sound of the tires that often because I never have problems with blocking tires or wierd behaving tires. I focus more on my braking, turning in while braking and how close to the apex I can get.

On Wet then I have natural talent :p so I focus only on not braking at the normal racing line and taking the corner in the way that it feels I will run quicker.

daytona kartweek to be brodcasted live from the 28th to the 30th.

guys one the biggest races of the year is running and you get to see live timing and scoring and commentary through the three days for both the dirt series and the my series (manufacuer cup). watch dirt tommorow and me wednesday (thursday tba). watch cadet sportsman and yamaha junior lite on wednesday to see me and my brother (tyler jordan in cadet and me in yamaha). watch it here: http://worldkarting.com/ btw they change sites so if nothing happened google wka or daytona kartweek and then find the old site and go to home but i thing you can cover it by then.

dang didn' make both races but was fast when it didn't count :(. first lcq i got second quickest time in the session but everyone in front of me spun so i couldn't make it. second lcq we had to put weights on the kart and it messed the enire areodynamics. thing is the morning practice where it was cold i got my fastest time oof the day and kept up with the fastest guys. oh well as long as i know i have a fighting chance this year.

Putting ballast on messed up your aerodynamics? Karts don't really go fast enough for aero to matter that much. Maybe it messed with your CoG though. Can't wait to get into next season, racing a class called TAG 100. 160 kg, electric start KT100SEC which you aren't allowed to blueprint, on Dunlop SL1 tyres haha. Slow, but cheap racing and we regularly get 15-20 entries locally. Our track is currently getting resurfaced at the moment though, so we can't test. Corner speed is everything, definitely sorts the drivers out rather than the equipment.

Putting ballast on messed up your aerodynamics? Karts don't really go fast enough for aero to matter that much. Maybe it messed with your CoG though. Can't wait to get into next season, racing a class called TAG 100. 160 kg, electric start KT100SEC which you aren't allowed to blueprint, on Dunlop SL1 tyres haha. Slow, but cheap racing and we regularly get 15-20 entries locally. Our track is currently getting resurfaced at the moment though, so we can't test. Corner speed is everything, definitely sorts the drivers out rather than the equipment.

Dunlop SL1's I'm pretty sure those are basically rock hard things... I've done some ProKart enduro's and I think that they are the same tyres that are used with those. Karts do actually go fast enough to generate some aero though, well enough to make you lose front end grip if, say for example, the CRG style bodykit has the nosecone rub through on the bottom, it doesn't suck down as much.

well he Florida Winter tour is only 1 week away! this is the biggest series of the year from what i know with only the best there is. unfortunatly it's too expensive for me so i can't go but instead i'll go to a local race in ocala to get my skills down before the rotax u.s grand nationals this summer at miller motorsports park watching a vid i saw at STOCK MOTO hardly even turning or braking at a fast track and showed me what i should do to be up front.

Latest News

Back