Kart Racing

lets see what i did: wore out my bearings, bent the steering collum, had the front to where the tires were goind down the road on the inside of my kart (what i mean is if you put your feet going diagnal and facing eachother, your showing how my tires are rolling), bought tires because the inside of my tires were done because a whole lot of pressure by how it was driving, bought fuel, and paid to race. knew my kart was bad but not that bad.

Word travels fast I see, it is true though I am one the youths in the karting comitee at the moment :).
The Swedish Championship will held between the 14th and 16th of July according to Lidköpings KK.
If I have the time and work allows I will try and visit it during that period, never been to it before :)

And talking about kart costs, since I started in the autumn of 2007 I've probably spent around $4000 on kart parts, tires and such things so it is expensive.
But you love it because once I climb into the seat and heads out I can't describe but I want more and more!
Also Georgios here are some good shops with 'ok' prices outside Sweden.
Some people thinks you should just stay and support the Swedish kart dealers but it is a free market and prices in Sweden are too high in my opinion.

http://www.kartdele.dk/
http://www.ags.ee/
http://www.talvar-racing.com/?id=10&a=1
http://www.eurokart.de

I have experience from all but AGS and I saved approximately $200-300 instead of buying in Sweden.

Thanks for the links mate. (now where did I put that lexikon...)

Btw if you have any power plz influence the Järnfälla guys to move the thack that will be hosting the SM to Järnfälla. It's close to a big city, the track have just gotten an uppgraded road and The track is close to a gas station. It's like the perfect combination you could have. :D

Lindköpings track have a dangoures T1, last time I allmost injered a girl because some freaking idiot ramed me on the braking ZONE and I flied 1 metre of the road and in to the girls shoulder I went. I remember there were alot of Rotax Max Senior and Jr drivers who had catastrophic starts there due to the hair-pin.

Georgios, not every track wants to host SM due to the large amount of time and resources it takes. And from what i know they try their best to spread it out in our long country by having the race is different places every year. This time its LIDköping and not LINköping. Lidköping is the newest track we have i think and definitely one of the best as well :)

You just want Järfälla as its your home track? :p Järfälla hosted the SM in 05 and 06 and since they are upgrading their track (finally) they can probably get one SM event in the next couple of years if they want to.

Georgios, not every track wants to host SM due to the large amount of time and resources it takes. And from what i know they try their best to spread it out in our long country by having the race is different places every year. This time its LIDköping and not LINköping. Lidköping is the newest track we have i think and definitely one of the best as well :)

You just want Järfälla as its your home track? :p Järfälla hosted the SM in 05 and 06 and since they are upgrading their track (finally) they can probably get one SM event in the next couple of years if they want to.

No my home track is Södertälje but I am a beast around Järnfälla :p
I did not there was a city called Lidköping.

May you give me a link to the Lidköping track. Btw plz tell me that they will take off that bumpy section after T4 because that made it diffecult to make an overtaking into T5.

hey guys there's a new game called kart racing pro that is a new kart simulator. from what i know it is a great game that is very realistic. trying to get it to run but so far it's not working.

I have tried it and this is what i wrote on another forum about it.

I have driven/drive karts like these in the game and i have quite a few laps on the Lonato track in real life
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

i have just tried the demo and the KC1 kart which should simulate the SKF (Super KF) class i think and its better than i expected.
Its hard to explain i think, but the feeling when driving a race kart is not there really, a lot due to no gforces and you dont feel what the kart is doing through the seat and so on. But there is still something that feels quite right but so far i have a hard time to say what it is, its just something
69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif

I havn't got a good enough setting on the wheel and pedals yet but that could obviously improve the feel as well. its especially hard to get a good feel for the brakes and for me the front brake are just on or off since i have it mapped to a button on my wheel
69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif

The engine is pretty good, a bit too slow on acceleration i think and its feels more like a KC3 (KF3) than a KC1 (SKF). Still he has captured the sound pretty good and the boring engine which the new KF (non shifter) karts has. (Please bring back the old engines for non-shifter karts)
283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif

Im quite impressed with the track, its not perfect and it could be improved in some areas but its still good
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

My laptime so far with the KC1 kart after a few laps is 43.78 which is around 1 sec after the real laptimes in a SKF kart.

I havn't tried too much with the setup yet, i just changed some of the parts to make it closer to what i run as a base irl. Will be fun to make setup changes later on and see how the kart in game reacts.
I think its hard to get the kart feeling much closer than this sim/game has and im definitely going to buy it sooner or later
283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif

can't wait to try out the shifter kart which is what i drive at the moment.

i was told i needed a new graphic card. anyhow i found videos on the rmc races and they really show how they drive. notice how quick they turn but hardly turn the wheel and making an oposite lock from the entry to the apex. here's the vids. junior is the biggest thrilling.

Latest News

Back