Kart Racing

good idea not eh only problem is finding a used reliable kart. you know any places were i could find used karts besides the regular ebay and craigslist?
IMO I would go and check what type of races are being hosted near by you and buy the kart for that class because for example there is a karting class called KF1 which is not runnig here is sweden and there for it is just stupid to buy it exept if I am going to run the Euro championship.

About clubs, for you who is a rookie it is good to start with a club because the people in a club really help you to learn how to setup the kart, the engine and so on. But I really recommend to ask the closest kart shop about how to setup a kart and how the engine works on your kart so you can quickly learn this small things which are really important.

I don't know about how Americans think (in general that is) but here in Sweden people are not that social (Sorry Fredrik but it's the truth) so to find someone to help you hear is really great because he is just telling you the truth. I remember that on my first 3 practice days with my kart I could not manage to start the engine and that had to do with that there was to much fuel on the engine. But in the end we were helped by a club member and he could finally start the kart. :D

So as an 27 year old guy I guess you know how people normally are and that would easely allow you to trust those in the club or not.

well i won't be on the ogp teaam at daytona. just found out it cost 450 bucks a driver ($900 for me because of my brother) so we won't be there but i will be in a tent with my cousin and another kid in my class (my cousin is in cadet with my brother). hopefully i'll run with ogp at fkcs but they're just stupid people

well i won't be on the ogp teaam at daytona. just found out it cost 450 bucks a driver ($900 for me because of my brother) so we won't be there but i will be in a tent with my cousin and another kid in my class (my cousin is in cadet with my brother). hopefully i'll run with ogp at fkcs but they're just stupid people

Lol, why do you call them stupid people?

yea it has been in July the last 2 years but i guess it would suit all drivers that drive the WSK series and CIK-FIA races much better if it took place in August instead. June and July are already kind of busy. for me at least :p

well that's not how to run a business. Their manager knows how much we trust them, how much we rely from them, and how much we SPEND to them. anyhow i got my kart back together thanks to ogp yesterday. knew my kart was a piece of s... but not as bad as it was. fixed around 5 things wrong with my kart.

Trust Who? (the once selling the kart parts?)

Then I should point out that those are the once you should look out for because they will sometimes suggest to you to change parts when it is not needed. But how the h*** did you spend $700 on parts? (Did you brake the entire kart?)

I don't think so because I took a look at the parts that are being sold here and parts that are being sold on several different contries and guess what. Sweden have lots of expencive parts that are being sold a beat cheaper in other contries. (and now we are talking about the Formula Yamaha and Yamaha Jr.)

But I would say that Austin most have broke his rear tube since that is quite expencive and some other parts that go with it.

a new tonykart chassi is around 1900$ if i remember right and thats just the frame without brakes, rear axle etc etc
so if he broke the entire kart as u said some posts ago, it would end up more than 700$ anyway.

just saying..

Fredrik, you have some kind of position in SBF right?
if u know, what month is the Swedish Championship going to take place? :)

Word travels fast I see, it is true though I am one the youths in the karting comitee at the moment :).
The Swedish Championship will held between the 14th and 16th of July according to Lidköpings KK.
If I have the time and work allows I will try and visit it during that period, never been to it before :)

And talking about kart costs, since I started in the autumn of 2007 I've probably spent around $4000 on kart parts, tires and such things so it is expensive.
But you love it because once I climb into the seat and heads out I can't describe but I want more and more!
Also Georgios here are some good shops with 'ok' prices outside Sweden.
Some people thinks you should just stay and support the Swedish kart dealers but it is a free market and prices in Sweden are too high in my opinion.

http://www.kartdele.dk/
http://www.ags.ee/
http://www.talvar-racing.com/?id=10&a=1
http://www.eurokart.de

I have experience from all but AGS and I saved approximately $200-300 instead of buying in Sweden.

Latest News

Back