It’s such a sad day for sim racing. I feel as if Scorcese or Almodovar announced a new film, then said, “hey, it’s a MARVEL blockbuster!”
I have nothing against simcades - GRID was fantastic - just like I have nothing against seeing a Marvel film once in a while - Deadpool was enjoyable! But leave simcade to the huge brand names, and give us enthusiasts the indie or artsy sim racing titles we love.
I wish SimBin all the best, but I don’t need another simcade. I’m perfectly happy with the ones I already have. Sorry, SimBin.
It isn’t you, it’s me...

at least they admit to being a simcade unlike pc2 which niki thiim describes as ''It feels like I am driving a car in the dry using wet tyres'' ''Totally unrealistic'' ''You gotta be drunk to enjoy it''

at least they admit to being a simcade unlike pc2 which niki thiim describes as ''It feels like I am driving a car in the dry using wet tyres'' ''Totally unrealistic'' ''You gotta be drunk to enjoy it''

He has also said the same about his favorite sim iracing....does that make it a simcade?

Not one sim has a perfect tire model but they all attempt to simulate racing to there best abilities with the data available from the teams/partners.

Last edited:
I must have missed the part where "they admit to being a simcade". Please could you tell me where I can find evidence to support this claim?

How difficult is to create 2 versions of GTR3? The same Title but a 2 different game...

1) Arcade and mobile games for big audience
2) Full Simulator for sim racers

I really do not buy any new Simcades, Simbin should understand that the Market is already saturated with so many Arcade and Simcade games so there's no change to compete with the heart and money of big audience, no way, too late.

But new better graphics for Race 07 / GTR Evolution and name GTR3 will be selling well, we need new online game for all us who like eye candy and good game engine. Simbin's game engine is still the best ever made, it might not be the most realistic ever but it was so fun to drive and setup cars, also online racing was so good. Personally I can't find those same features from any other simulators and I have them all in my PC. Automobilista is the only simulator that I do not own.

I must have missed the part where "they admit to being a simcade". Please could you tell me where I can find evidence to support this claim?

Okay sure;

A: '' We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as.''

Meaning GTR3 is a game a level below simulation games, you play it to train yourself for sims like R3E, I.E. ''It is a gateway''.

B: ''The GTR3 name comes with baggage, that’s the hard part and the hard sell whoever you speak to. They always say GTR was a great racing sim, but times change and things move on. You have to look at different aspects like financials and the market, and how it weighs up. It’s not just about creating a racing game for one particular player, nowadays you have to cater for a wider audience.''

He is basically saying that they want to attract a wide market, therefore it will not be a pure sim so that everyone can enjoy it...simcade.

Also note he says the GTR name comes with baggage i.e. its a well known SIM game, but times CHANGE and things MOVE ON. Meaning GTR3 will not be a pure SIM.

He has also said the same about his favorite sim iracing....does that make it a simcade?

Not one sim has a perfect tire model but they all attempt to simulate racing to there best abilities with the data available from the teams/partners.

He never said iracing was totally unrealistic nor did he say you have to be drunk to enjoy it :roflmao:. When comparing the two he actually said Iracing is not perfect but its much more closer to real life and much more realistic than ''Project Carts''.

No way, look what I found.

ydch5ia.jpg

The GTR3 name comes with baggage, that’s the hard part and the hard sell whoever you speak to. They always say GTR was a great racing sim, but times change and things move on. You have to look at different aspects like financials and the market, and how it weighs up. It’s not just about creating a racing game for one particular player, nowadays you have to cater for a wider audience.

Sim-racing was AL-F****G-WAYS a niche market. No i'm not talking about way back in gran turismo days. I'm talking about way back in grand prix legend days. It was always a niche market. Times didn't change ONE SINGLE BIT.

GT was always the one making the big bucks. Sim-racing was always the weird and quirky cousin. Then forza came in then grid came in because they wanted a part of big bucks.

Come on Chris, admit that you were sick of being left out as the weird cousin of the racing genre and that you just got enough of it and that you want the big bucks.

P.S. for the people saying: "duh, idiot, money makes the world go around, what would you do if you were in the same position stoopid?"

For all those people...I'd like to remind you of the likes of automobilista, rfactor, assetto corsa and iracing. All the presidents of those companies could've said "f*** it, we want the big bucks too" and i guess i don't need to remind you which patch they've chosen. A path i'm very, incredibly glad they've chosen which have given us these beautiful pieces of software. Which grants us escape from the harsh realities of the world to a world, fake or not, that takes us back to the days when we used to have posters hanging on our rooms as kids.

Its not a specific reply to you but its just the right quote ;)
The internet is just awesome :thumbsup:
If a developer comes up and say:
Here is our newest simulator for you and we tried to make it as realistic as possible.
The reactions of the community will be to proof him wrong. NO!!! Its not realistic because bla bla bla.
(Exception: SMS because they are wrong)

If a developer comes up with a statement like "R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as.''
The reactons will be: Naaah it will be the best and most realistic simulator. Because I believe in it :ninja:

Its ridiculous :cautious:

...just saying

Its not a specific reply to you but its just the right quote ;)
The internet is just awesome :thumbsup:
If a developer comes up and say:
Here is our newest simulator for you and we tried to make it as realistic as possible.
The reactions of the community will be to proof him wrong. NO!!! Its not realistic because bla bla bla.
(Exception: SMS because they are wrong)

If a developer comes up with a statement like "R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as.''
The reactons will be: Naaah it will be the best and most realistic simulator. Because I believe in it :ninja:

Its ridiculous :cautious:

...just saying
Ha ha, well I didn't say anything about the game, or what it will be.... because I don't know yet. I don't see anybody else claiming it's gonna be a sim either. Other sims/games have changed considerably over the course of their development, so maybe all is not lost. Time will tell I guess.

How difficult is to create 2 versions of GTR3? The same Title but a 2 different game...

1) Arcade and mobile games for big audience
2) Full Simulator for sim racers

Just one game with an option to select simulation mode or non simulation mode. But I guess they do not want to spend all the time and money that goes into developing realistic physics etc etc

Just one game with an option to select simulation mode or non simulation mode. But I guess they do not want to spend all the time and money that goes into developing realistic physics etc etc
that's also my guess.

as already mentioned here SimbinUK and Sector3 should join forces to bring R3E a step up. GFX Engine, features, licenses... but then again there is Raceroom AG dictating the direction and route the sim is going.

that's also my guess.

as already mentioned here SimbinUK and Sector3 should join forces to bring R3E a step up. GFX Engine, features, licenses... but then again there is Raceroom AG dictating the direction and route the sim is going.
That’s just ridiculous...
The interview clearly says how priorities are allocated.
S3 doing the sim stuff, BinSim doing the entry gate stuff.
Responsibilities are already distributed, and still you dream on.
:O_o:

Latest News

Back