They might have went some way to regaining a little bit of credibility if they turned up there. Shambolic is the only description.
Well, they are dissapointing a lot of people, first with the "not a sim" statements on the GTR saga, not turning up on gamescom and then not giving any more info.

With this silence, I really do hope somehow SimBin come out of nowhere and absolutely blow us away and silence all the critics (including me).

They're either doing the right thing and shutting up and just developing the best thing they can or they're doing the wrong thing and being silent when they should be showing us why we should be excited and waiting for this.

I honestly hope GTR3 is everything it should be and I'll be happy to take back all my negative opinions about them. :D

Whew, I read the whole topic from start to finish in a single read. I can relay to the opinion of most people here that the game should be a sim, but I hope that SimBin can do something good indeed. I just find that the "Simcade" crowd has a lot of options right now, and a good hardcore sim with the Geoff Crammond mentality should be the right choise, more focused on the hardcore side of driving mechanics, car behaviour, good force feedback, and etc. It's exactly what EA did with Battlefield Hardline, use the brand and made a project totally disconnected from it's roots, imho. And that's sad;

By the way, just to light the conversation a little, I found the comment that our good buddy Koen Verlinde made of the eleventh page hilarious, out of context:

upload_2018-9-17_1-33-1.png

haha

But you guys have to remember something, our @Paul Jeffrey stated in one of the threads that he has seen the proof of concept in action and was impressed, mind blown even. So it is coming.

"During the visit to the Manchester HQ, I was lucky enough to join the very small handful of people who have viewed the very very early "proof of concept" video featuring a car and track from RaceRoom in the Unreal 4 engine, and I'm seriously impressed. Despite the short video only having been created to see how the engine works in a racing environment, and having been created as a low profile R&D exercise, the footage I witnessed was simply mind blowing. With RaceRoom sounds, PCars graphics and Simbin attention to detail, GTR3 could well turn out to be the racing game we've all been waiting for."

GTR3 Reveal Image.jpg

SimBin Studios UK have posted a fresh image of GTR3, giving a first real look at in game footage from one of the cars set to appear in this long awaited new game.

It would be fair to say that GTR3 has attracted quite an emotional response from the racing game community since first being (re) announced back in early 2017, the game franchise having forged such strong links with sim racers who still revere the software more than ten years on from initial release.

Having seen something of a saga around exactly what GTR3 aims to be once it releases Q2 next year, not helped by often fragmented communications from the newly reformed SimBin Studios UK development team, many sim racers remain sceptical about the prospects of this work in progress title having what it takes to live up to the illustrious GTR game franchise.

To date game footage of the title has remained behind closed doors, shielded from members of the public, however just a few short hours ago SimBin Studios UK broke silence and revealed the very first public image of a car in game - showing off what are rather impressive graphical achievements in the Unreal 4 game engine.

We are not yet sure of the exact details behind the types of content coming to GTR3, aside from the confirmation that cars currently in RaceRoom Racing Experience and new licences will be present in the title.

Check out our GTR3 interview for more information on this upcoming title.

More news to follow when it becomes available...

GTR3 is expected to launch Q2 2019.

For the latest news, exclusive interviews and all the background discussion around GTR3 and SimBin Studios, check out the GTR3 Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and keep on top of the news and stay in touch with the sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the look of the new reveal image from GTR3? Are you excited to hear more of this new game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%