With over 1 million steam owners of Dirt Rally so far and a very popular F1-game that isn't less difficult to handle, it doesn't seem wise to go for arcade-physics and simcade might be even worse. Adding a rewind function and some driving assists should be enough for the casual users.

But with showing just one screenshot it's highly unlikely we see a release in this decade.

What I understand, that is the what SimBin is aiming for. In what I read and hear (in one of the last Sector3 Dev-Streams) Chris seems to be a fan of the Approach that Codemasters uses in their games - being a bridge between Simulation and casual racing. He has often given examples how Codemasters does it when he was talking about the things he wants to do...
Thats why I think it is to early to talk about physics yet...

GTR2 success is in big part due to official FIA license so when I read "if we don't have FIA license, no biggie...", I received a big uppercut in jaw. Indeed, do not forget that full name of GTR is "the official FIA GT game". And remember the sales of GTR-EVO without FIA license... Do you really want GTR3 as a GTR-EVO 2 ???
So Chris, if you don't know which serie to do then here are some : full ALMS or IMSA seasons... Or just do a reboot of GTR2 with your new engine and with different seasons such as older FIA GT 1997-2000 or newer FIA GT1 2010-2012 ;)

What I understand, that is the what SimBin is aiming for. In what I read and hear (in one of the last Sector3 Dev-Streams) Chris seems to be a fan of the Approach that Codemasters uses in their games - being a bridge between Simulation and casual racing. He has often given examples how Codemasters does it when he was talking about the things he wants to do...
Thats why I think it is to early to talk about physics yet...
This interview is already about physics and if it's Dirt Rally or F1: they both have more setup-options than Raceroom and with using rain and night they even are more simulations by any terms you can measure. Just Dirt 4 was a failure for targeting lower than the simracing market.

Its a fraud against the userbase of GTR2.

Our interest is helping them to argue potential future revenues with publishers.

The leak suddenly appearing ahead of gamescom makes it look premeditated and orchestrated.

A lot of people saw through it and these people are now here and have every right to voice their disappointment.

SimBinUK just wants the resonance of the old users to make their vaporware seem legit.

The damage is done. Not only to the franchise, but to the credibility of RaceDepartment.com.

I hope lessons will be learned from this episode.

Otherwise i´d need advice to find a simracing dedicated website made from fans for fans and not a clickbait product advertising site with useless marketing information thats stealing my time in order to generate more money and more commerce to feed their inanimate complanency.

Would be nice if we could find a bunch of talented individuals to start a kickstarter campaign to make the most realistic sim known to mankind. We could call it PC Master Race Simulator.
I'll make the tea and coffee.

As said in the interview, all this looks like a sort of sales pitch to get someone with money interested in doing this. "Hey, we have the GTR3 brand, we have a bunch of cars and stuff from R3E, we learned how to use the Unreal engine, we have this thing cooking, if you give us money we can put it together and sell it, if you give us a lot of money we can even try the WEC license." GTR fans may be heartbroken, but well if they can make the game by next year and sell it that would already be great. Of course, RD didn't do itself a favor in announcing it as "official WEC sim".. as that is not true yet.

Last edited:
Its a fraud against the userbase of GTR2.

The damage is done. Not only to the franchise, but to the credibility of RaceDepartment.com.

Otherwise i´d need advice to find a simracing dedicated website made from fans for fans and not a clickbait product advertising site with useless marketing information thats stealing my time in order to generate more money and more commerce to feed their inanimate complanency.

Jeez man... I guess you also think that the moon landings were fake - and that Elvis is still alive, and playing poker with JFK and M.Monroe in an underground room at Area 51... :speechless:

Come on - get real ;)

Last edited:
Would be nice if we could find a bunch of talented individuals to start a kickstarter campaign to make the most realistic sim known to mankind. We could call it PC Master Race Simulator.
I'll make the tea and coffee.

Crowd funding a private PC elite sim? That is actually a very good idea but would be many years in development if we could find the talented modders/coders/artists or the money to fund a project.
We could call it GTPC and host development here at RD.

Crowd funding a private PC elite sim? That is actually a very good idea but would be many years in development if we could find the talented modders/coders/artists or the money to fund a project.
We could call it GTPC and host development here at RD.

Lets do it, I'm 49 years old soon, Probably only got 20 years left.

693vjls.jpg

Latest News

Back